[Need Help Selecting Which DTG Machine to Buy] DTG Brand and Coldesi - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

[Need Help Selecting Which DTG Machine to Buy] DTG Brand and Coldesi

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 7:55:28 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: perry
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default DTG Brand and Coldesi

In May of 2014 we bought a DTG M2 printer from Coldesi in Tampa FL.After we sent the money the sales man gave us a delivery date, but the printer did not show up.We called the salesman (Don) and told him the printer did not show up, so he gave us another delivery date, again the printer did not show up.After that the salesman would not answer our calls anymore. We continued to call until we got the loading lock Forman, and it was then that we found out there was no refurbish printer to be ship, Coldesi had not even started to refurbish a printer to be shipped. This was not what we were told, as a matter a fact we have an email from the salesman that said that “Coldesi had one more refurbished M2 printer left”, so we bought that one and we paid cash for it. I called the salesman and left him a message that we wanted our printer the following week, or we wanted our money back.The printer did show up the next week, later in the day on the 22nd of May. After the printer showed up we started watching the YouTube video from Coldesi on how to unpack the printer. As we watched the video we could see that our printer was not packed like the one on the video. There was no tilt indicator on it, it was not in an enclosed wooden crate, it was not wrapped in plastic wrap, and it was not bolted down.We continued to unwrap the printer because we had the Coldesi training class the following morning at 9am.We got the printer on the table to start putting the ink in it, and then we tried to load the trays, but nothing happen. We watched the video multiple times, but the trays would not load.The next morning (5/23/2014) we called Coldesi and explained to them everything that we had run into the night before, and told them that we would not accept this printer, we wanted our money back. There were too many complications with the printer and we did not want to start out with these problems.That is where ever thing started falling apart the service manager Joe started telling us we need to read our contract, he said that they did not have to give us our money back and that they were not giving our money back.Joe told us we had to let them try to fix it.He told us that they would send a tech out to fix it and for all our trouble they would give us a full round of ink about $380 to $400. It took Coldesi two weeks to get the tech here to fix it and when he did get here to fix it, he had not brought the round of ink with him. I called Joe to ask him about the ink and he told me, because a tech was sent out that we would not get the ink. The tech worked on the printer and did get it to operate.The following week we got into our online training class with Coldesi until we were unable to load program.We found out that there was something else wrong with the printer; it would not link up with the computer program.
To try to make a long story short we have called Coldesi over a hundred times to work on the printer.Coldesi has changed the boss board 3 times, the main board 2 times, the tray sensors 2 times, and the tray magnets 2 times.On 3rd of November the printer went down again and it is still down, it has been down for 61 days now.We called Coldesi and told them that the printer was down again and we are tired of dealing with it and that we have gave them more than enough time to fix it. We told Joe that we wanted our money back and we were willing to sell the printer back to them at a reasonable lost on our part.Joe started to tell us that about the contract and all that kind of stuff and that we were not getting any of our money back.Joe told us that he would check on some things and call us back.Joe called back the next day and told us that they wanted to come out and refurbish our printer again and give us a $1000 gift certificate and give us 6 more months of warranty, or we could trade this printer in on a new one and pay $6000 more dollars, or trade our printer for another refurbished printer. I told him no, we have only had this printer 6 months and we have had all these problems and we no longer trust Coldesi, because of all the lies, and the rude and condescending treatment that we have been through. We want to cut all ties with them.Joe said that was our options and that is the best we can do, or we can get an attorney.We talked it over and told Joe that we would give them one more chance to fix it and if they could not fix it that would be it.Joe told us that it would take about 2 weeks to get the parts and that the tech would come out for a couple of day to work on the printer and give us some training also.The tech showed up around the second week of December and started to work on the printer. The tech was not here long when he told us that he has never worked on this kind of printer before. The tech also told us that Joe had told him that it would only take about an hour to fix the printer and he would be out of here.He told us that he had a plane to catch at 5pm (he got here at 10:30am).I ask the tech where our $1000 gift certificate was, he called Joe and ask about it, Joe said it would be coming to us in an email on Friday.The tech worked on the printer and got it to operate and tried to printer some shirts but they did not come out very well. The tech told us that we needed to wash and shave all the shirts before we could print a good print on the shirts.Before the tech left he told us about all the things that Joe and the salesman Don have been doing, that they were not well liked. He ask us to call a guy named Alex Duran that worked at Coldesi, because he was really wanting to get rid of joe and Don because of the things that they were doing.The tech said that they were doing these kinds of things to other costumers and other employees; he asked if we would call and tell him everything that we have been through.
The next morning I had a small job to print, so I tried to print 2 shirts, but when I tried, the printer would not let me size the art work like needed it to be.I called Coldesi, as I was working with the tech the printer stopped working.The tech and I worked on the printer for about an hour and could not get it to work.He told me that he would check on some things and call me back.The next day the tech sent an email and said that he was running late, but he had not forgot about us.That same day Joe called and told us that they wanted send us another refurbished printer to replace the one we had.We told Joe no, that was it, we have worked and worked with him and that they could not fix it. We are tired of dealing with it.If we traded for another printer it would be the same thing. We have tried from the first day we got the printer to get our money back. We do not trust Coldesi and we were not going to be talked down too any more, it has been one lie after another, we are finished dealing with it.Joe told us if they did buy back the printer that there would be a 25% restock fee, he said that he would check with Linda (General Manager)and get back with us on Monday of the next week.Joe called the following Monday and told us that he had talk to Linda and that we could trade our printer for another refurbished printer, or trade our printer in on a new one and pay them $6000, or they would buy our printer back with a 50% restock fee, we told him that we would sell it back to them but what happen to the 25% restock, he told us the printer was used how.We told Joe we did not like it at all, but Coldesi has worn us down and we were just tired of it all.Joe said he would talk to Linda and get back to us.A few days later we got an email form Linda and it said that “THIS IS THE WAY THE DEAL WILL HAPPEN” we will pack the printer or they would send a crate to pack it in and that we would send everything including some things that we bought separate from the original deal, (heat press, and 2 extra platens). After the shippers have picked up the printer then and only then would we get our money. We also ask about our $1000 gift certificate and Linda said that that was no longer on the table. We tried to call her but she will not take our calls, we emailed her back and told her we would do everything that she has ask for, but the printer would not leave our shop without our money,we have not heard from her again.
We have tried to talk to Linda for over a month, but she will not talk to us.Before the last tech left our shop he told us that Joe and Linda are taking our case personal and the word is that they will not give us our money back at any cost, do not trust them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 8:18:03 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default Re: DTG Brand and Coldesi

Your best bet at this point is unfortunately to get legal advice, not professional advice.

I would not accept a printer that didn't work, and I would definitely have retained legal counsel in far less time. The statute of limitations on commercial issues might be short in your state, so time is of the essence.

I also would not talk to anyone over the phone. Get it in writing. When I have problems with suppliers that appear to be troublesome, I always write a letter (paper!) and mail it certified mail, return receipt requested. This covers me in case of a "he said, she said" situation. I also demand the response in writing, the same way.

Sorry you had issues with these guys. I have no experience, so I can't comment one way or another. But DTG printable shirts do not have to be washed and shaved before printing. We pull shirts out of the box and print (I don't have a Coldesi printer) -- all DTG printers operate the same way. If you print white ink, you do need to pretreat, but not wash and shave it.

Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 10:24:50 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: CD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Didn't they tell you? or you may have missed the entry in the contract. When you buy a printer from them you need to hire a barber. LOL.

Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 11:50:26 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: perry
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

don't know what that means

Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 12:58:12 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: CD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It is a Joke. A barber. Barbershop... to clean and shave... you know!

Lighten up a little. The fact that the vendor hasn't reply to you gripe could be an indication that he's trying to avoid you. Your story is a little scary and it seems you are not the only one.

Maybe they tried to offer you a solution which it doesn't seem to be acceptable to you. I wouldn't do business with them either.

Try to be a little a little softer with you approach to see if they come around. The offer to replace the unit with another refurbished + 1,000 credit toward other supplies and extend the warranty another 6 months didn't sounded too bad although I would have them give you in writing that, if the second unit is not up to par they would refund your money and keep the $1,000 for future use or apply the money toward a discounted brand new printer where instead coming up with $6K it may cost you $2/3K.

It is in their best interest to find a solution to you dilemma instead of strong arm you to take a deal you are not comfortable with.

Anyway, hope you can resolve this issues without the need to take legal action against them. The contract you signed is binding but it is also binding the the product they sold needs to be in good working order and without issues unless you purchase it "as is"

CD

This is a discussion about DTG Brand and Coldesi that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in