Hotronix Fusion and DTG Printing DuPont Ink - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Hotronix Fusion and DTG Printing DuPont Ink

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tchandler52

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2014 Oct 12, 2014 4:32:26 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Hotronix Fusion and DTG Printing DuPont Ink

Can any one that uses the Hotronix fusion and dupont Inks tell me what temperature and pressure and seconds they use when curing blue shirts ?

I had a Chinese press before that didn't give me problems with blue shirts. I think maybe the heat was really dropping down that much that it didn't cause the ghosting through the back or bleaching back to the front. I only experienced with grey shirts until now.

Now that I upgraded to Fusion I get ghosting through the back with the pressure on 0 I am thinking the temperature is to high. Also when I try to thread the shirt it bleaches back to the front. So threading it does not work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2014 Oct 12, 2014 4:39:49 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Hotronix Fusion and DTG Printing DuPont Ink

The problem with Fusion is that it's minimal pressure is still to high for DTG. I know couple of users that had problems with this. But some manage. The key is to find the right parchemnt paper for curing. Brown silicon papers work best (not all of them).

The Following User Says Thank You to Smalzstein For This Useful Post:
tchandler52 (October 12th, 2014)
Old October 12th, 2014 Oct 12, 2014 4:43:43 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Well that sucks spending as much money as I did on it. It is really a great Heat press though I am very impressed with its build. I will try out the parchment paper you suggested.

Thank you.

Old October 12th, 2014 Oct 12, 2014 7:51:23 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Larry
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We have 3 hotronix air fusion presses and have had some issues with ghosting. A couple of things we have done and they are working: 1) we dress all shirts-no matter what process we are doing; 2) we do one pass at 90 seconds and the second at 45-60 seconds depending on the print. This has greatly reduced/stopped our ghosting.

The Following User Says Thank You to lkt1954 For This Useful Post:
tchandler52 (October 12th, 2014)
Old October 12th, 2014 Oct 12, 2014 9:18:26 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkt1954
We have 3 hotronix air fusion presses and have had some issues with ghosting. A couple of things we have done and they are working: 1) we dress all shirts-no matter what process we are doing; 2) we do one pass at 90 seconds and the second at 45-60 seconds depending on the print. This has greatly reduced/stopped our ghosting.
Thank you for your tips.? I tried 90 seconds on blue I still got the ghosting and when I threaded the shirt it bleached back through the front. I printed the same shirts and same ink and pre treatment for a bigger order before my other press went out Im thinking it has to be the temperature I tried putting cardboard in the shirt it worked but The shirt smelled like cardboard smh lol

Old October 13th, 2014 Oct 13, 2014 8:44:43 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Update I got it to work by minimizing the pressure under 0 I have the press on the shirt with No pressure and no ghosting or bleaching is happening
EricDeem likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to tchandler52 For This Useful Post:
Smalzstein (October 13th, 2014)
Old October 13th, 2014 Oct 13, 2014 10:51:32 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

lol I spoke extremely too soon. I had to switch the pretreatment from dark to light now. The only thing is the light pretreatment likes to leave crystallization on royal shirts. I use image armor now any other pretreatment suggestions that you don't have problems with ?

Old October 13th, 2014 Oct 13, 2014 1:21:18 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

For any new users that may experience this problem. I sprayed image armor light on the royal shirts a light coating with medium pressure and that minimized the crystalization. This seems to be working I printed several shirts and it has worked for me. I cured the same 5 pressure for 90 seconds.

Old October 13th, 2014 Oct 13, 2014 3:22:50 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Firebird is coming out with a new PT which main purpose is to never show ghosting. Avaible after SGIA.

Old October 13th, 2014 Oct 13, 2014 3:56:18 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

That will be great.

This is a discussion about Hotronix Fusion and DTG Printing DuPont Ink that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in