Blazer Pro, Black Print on red Shirt¯s after wash... - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Blazer Pro, Black Print on red Shirt¯s after wash...

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 10:56:55 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Blazer Pro, Black Print on red Shirt´s after wash...

Hello Guys I am new at this forum.
Sry for my bad English (im from germany)
Ok we have buyed us a Blazer pro before 1 month. Now I have printed red shirts with a 1c black motiv without pretreating 720 x 720 2x 180° 1 minute and 5 minutes in the infrarot. I have washed a shirt and I was shocked about the black it is no more Black i looks like years old....

The next is when I Print on hm DarkGrey ( 1440 undbase 720 x 720 color ) with an Black outline without underbase on the Black Outline, when I wash them there is no more Outline ?

Have u any idea what I can do ?

Thank you

Alex

Last edited by schroble; February 14th, 2008 at 11:20 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2008 Feb 15, 2008 1:32:16 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Polsen

Default Re: Blazer Pro, Black Print on red Shirt´s after wash...

Hi Alex,

It really sounds like it´s a matter of curring-time.
If you have i heat-press, try press it for like 180-200 sec in 165-170°.

That should work

If the print looks good before heat-press it should not be anything wrong with pretreatment.

Good Luck.
Peo

Old February 15th, 2008 Feb 15, 2008 4:14:29 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Take a photo for us and let us see. It could be fading or it could be fibrillation (red fibres REALLY stand out vs Black ink)

Old February 15th, 2008 Feb 15, 2008 8:20:36 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Matt

USSP what ever they call themselves sent me the following when I questions all the different press times I was seeing on the different forums

"New press times are 180 sec (for all garments now) if you use a nomex pad you can get this down to 90 seconds easily.

pretreatment of whites. only one i would recommend at this point is fastcolor which helps with washability. only use fastbright for when printing white ink to odd color shirts really."

I think you need to try these times and do another wash test

How does your black print on white? how about a nozzle check? if not good you might pop the black cartridge out insert the syringe in the bottom and draw a little ink into the syringe might also be staving for ink
Good luck

Old February 17th, 2008 Feb 17, 2008 10:20:31 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: andrew

I think you need to increase your curing time or the temperature of the curing.

I cure all non-underbase shirts at 325 farenheight for 65 seconds.

All Underbased shirts cure at 330 farenheight for 185 seconds.

They reccomend 60 seconds (lights) and 180 seconds (darks) at between 320-330 farenheight so I just go a little longer and I've never had an issue with fading or washability.

FastColor is a pretreatment for light shirts to make the colors stay vibrant after washing. You won't notice a difference in color when you print them, but you will notice the difference when you wash two shirts and only one gets the FastColor pretreatment.

I would check your curing times and temps and see what happens.

Good luck!

This is a discussion about Blazer Pro, Black Print on red Shirt¯s after wash... that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in