What DTG would you recommend? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

What DTG would you recommend?

Like Tree28Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 9:57:55 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What DTG would you recommend?

We are thinking about getting a Direct to Garmet printer. One of my friends just bought a refurbished t-jet 2 for $9000. He seems happy with it. I saw a brand new t-jet 3 for about $14,000. I heard Brother is a good brand but $23,000 for the printer plus all the other fees they added on it came out to about $30,000 which is way over my budget. Are there any DTG's in the $15,000 range you would recommend?

The Following User Says Thank You to UNDERDOGG For This Useful Post:
johnleisenberg (July 23rd, 2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 1:56:49 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default Re: What DTG would you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERDOGG
One of my friends just bought a refurbished t-jet 2 for $9000. He seems happy with it.
The problem with the T-jet 2 and DTG kiosk 2 is that they are based on an Epson 2200 print engine. Sadly, Epson no longer manufactures that print head and parts for that engine. See here:

Compass Micro - An Authorized Epson and Canon Printer Service Center : Parts Detail

Quote:
I saw a brand new t-jet 3 for about $14,000.
The T-jet 3 was introduced many years ago, I think around 2008. This model was a dissaster and only very few actually worked. There was a problem with one of the boards that it is no longer available.

What ever you do, do not buy a T-jet 3. You will regreat it.

The Following User Says Thank You to estrada For This Useful Post:
UNDERDOGG (July 12th, 2014)
Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 2:11:09 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

definitely call All American and check out the NeoFlex. it's priced in the area of your budget, and is still tops in print quality, customer service, and you get the NeoFamliy's help on here.

The Following User Says Thank You to 23spiderman For This Useful Post:

Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 2:11:44 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You can find few great new printers around the $15k range and below. Keep doing research and best thing to do is to attend a trade show and see the printers for yourself. Have them print out samples to compare and have a list full of questions.

Last edited by lazographics; July 11th, 2014 at 02:28 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to lazographics For This Useful Post:
Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 5:14:09 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
We are thinking about getting a Direct to Garmet printer. One of my friends just bought a refurbished t-jet 2 for $9000. He seems happy with it. I saw a brand new t-jet 3 for about $14,000. I heard Brother is a good brand but $23,000 for the printer plus all the other fees they added on it came out to about $30,000 which is way over my budget. Are there any DTG's in the $15,000 range you would recommend?
I have been working with a DTG M2 that cost about $26.000, for several months . When I opened a new location, I needed a less expensive option for a second printer. I did my research and bought a Spectra 3000. It cost less than $8,000 and I couldn't be happier. I posted a review of the machine as well as some pictures. Just search for Spectra 3000 review under my name. Others commented on my review. One said he thought that it is the best A3 printer on the market for the money. Another guy that bought one also praised it.

I hope this helps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosier13 For This Useful Post:
johnleisenberg (July 25th, 2014), UNDERDOGG (July 12th, 2014)
Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 6:38:23 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Steve

I've owned a Brother's and Anajet. I sold both and got a NeoFlex. I wish I would've owned the NeoFlex sooner!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrvineShirtGuy For This Useful Post:
EricDeem (July 13th, 2014), johnleisenberg (August 5th, 2014), UNDERDOGG (July 12th, 2014)
Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 7:10:50 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I've been hearing good things about neoflex. What is their price range? Also I just heard about Spectra 3000, good quality, prints fast and it only costs $8000. Thanks for the feed back you guys are great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UNDERDOGG For This Useful Post:
german13 (July 13th, 2014), johnleisenberg (July 25th, 2014)
Old July 11th, 2014 Jul 11, 2014 10:54:03 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

The Neoflex is probably the best DTG printer out there. Just recently they lowered the price considerably to 12 or 13 k. Support for the Neoflex seems very solid from what you can read in these forums. The spectra is a very recent printer and there aren't as many reviews on it's performance or suport. However it is very well designed and build. In terms of quality, I think it is a close second to the neoflex, with the advantage that it will be a little bit faster. I think whichever of these 2 printers you choose, you will be very happy with.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to estrada For This Useful Post:
german13 (July 13th, 2014), johnleisenberg (July 25th, 2014), UNDERDOGG (July 12th, 2014)
Old July 12th, 2014 Jul 12, 2014 6:10:54 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

ISS trade show in Las Vegas Aug 3,4,5 is that the show I need to attend if I'm interested in buying a DTG?

Old July 12th, 2014 Jul 12, 2014 6:56:00 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
ISS trade show in Las Vegas Aug 3,4,5 is that the show I need to attend if I'm interested in buying a DTG?
YES! A must go if you're shopping equipment. Ask for a demo and ask tons of questions. Ask about their maintenance requirements.

Brothers, Anajet and All American printed me sample t-shirts. In the end AA had the better print quality.

The Following User Says Thank You to IrvineShirtGuy For This Useful Post:
UNDERDOGG (July 14th, 2014)
Old July 13th, 2014 Jul 13, 2014 12:12:58 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
That's the next ISS show. A great one to attend. Also SGIA is back in Vegas in October. Usually companies have discounted show prices so if your ready to buy then a show price would be the way to go. Companies I would visit would be Equipment Zone, BelQuette, and All American. They all have their own Epson based dtg printer and also sell the new Epson F2000. Not sure if Spectra will be there but check them out as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazographics For This Useful Post:
german13 (July 13th, 2014), UNDERDOGG (July 14th, 2014)
Old July 13th, 2014 Jul 13, 2014 2:14:39 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazographics
That's the next ISS show. A great one to attend. Also SGIA is back in Vegas in October. Usually companies have discounted show prices so if your ready to buy then a show price would be the way to go. Companies I would visit would be Equipment Zone, BelQuette, and All American. They all have their own Epson based dtg printer and also sell the new Epson F2000. Not sure if Spectra will be there but check them out as well.
Spectra does a limited # of shows call the office for that info, far less than most. Trade shows are expensive for the manufacturer/ reseller and @ spectra's price point its a tough task without raising the cost. One of there missions is to provide the customer/ end-user the fastest return on investment (hence the low price point) and gaining customer loyalty on the consumable sales..

Demos are available in there N.J office pretty much 24/7 by appoint if special time or hours are requested.

The Following User Says Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
UNDERDOGG (July 14th, 2014)
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 9:13:59 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

So IrvineShirtGuy what brand did you buy from AA and how is it working out for you?

Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 10:17:32 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
So IrvineShirtGuy what brand did you buy from AA and how is it working out for you?
I bought the NeoFlex for Textile. It's been AWESOME! Here are some of the reasons I like it.

1. The print quality is amazing.
2. It prints fast
3. I can print 3 shirts on a single run (I can either do 3 of the same design or 3 different designs on a single run)
4. Maintenance is super easy. Takes about 5 minutes a day.
5. Epson parts are easy to find and get.
6. Software is easy to use and control.
7. The maintenance costs are low.
8. It has a large print area! Bigger than Brothers and Anajet.

Brothers GT-3 series and Anajet can only print 1 shirt at a time. This is too slow for me because I print over 50 shirts a day (especially if you're doing dark garments).

I used to work on the Brothers GT-782 and I owned a Anajet Sprint. I didn't like either of them. The 782 maintenance costs were super high and it broke down a lot. There was too much downtime with the 782 because of mechanical issues and the quality wasn't that great for the price of the printer.

The Anajet was a pain the butt! It was hard to replace parts because the machine is so bulky and large hands don't fit in their tight spaces. The print speed was on the slower end. It took me about 10-20 minutes to start the machine each morning because it took so many cleans to get the nozzle checks to show decent patterns. This was under ideal room environment! Sometimes it would stop in the middle of a print and do a auto maintenance (this would cause major banding). Called tech and they said there was no way around it. The print quality was OK. It couldn't compare to the Brothers or NeoFlex.

I didn't see any difference on the print quality with the Anajet mPower. So to me it's more like an oversized Sprint.

What's more amazing is the NeoFlex is cheaper than the Brothers and Anajet and it's a far better printer! The best time to get the NeoFlex is during the shows like the ISS Las Vegas that's coming up. It should be around 13-14k out the door with shipping. Maybe less depending on where you live.

Just look at the print quality at the show. It's night and day with the NeoFlex. I was in your position not long ago. I went to the Vegas show and had a blast looking at everything. I wish I didn't make the mistake of wasting so much money with the Brothers and Anajet But it was a good learning experience.

Hope this helps!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrvineShirtGuy For This Useful Post:
johnleisenberg (August 5th, 2014), SkylineDesigns (July 14th, 2014), UNDERDOGG (July 14th, 2014)
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 11:19:47 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: dawn

Irvineshirtguy how much did the neoflex for textile cost? how much have you had to put into it for maintenance since you have had it?

This is a discussion about What DTG would you recommend? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in