What DTG would you recommend? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

What DTG would you recommend?

Like Tree28Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 11:25:50 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What DTG would you recommend?

IrvineShirtGuy exactly which neoflex did u get?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 12:53:05 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Steve

There's only 1 NeoFlex model. It can either run textile or solvent inks.

The Following User Says Thank You to IrvineShirtGuy For This Useful Post:
UNDERDOGG (July 14th, 2014)
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 12:59:55 PM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineDesigns
Irvineshirtguy how much did the neoflex for textile cost? how much have you had to put into it for maintenance since you have had it?
This printer is about 3 years old. The only major thing I replaced within that time is the capping station and printhead. So about $680 in parts.

The little stuff like dampers and encoder strips are cheap. I get the dampers from a local place for about $7 each and the encoder strips is about $13.

Since the NeoFlex is based off the Epson 4880 it's really easy to find parts and replace things yourself. Opening up the printer and replacing parts is easier than most DTG printers. Everything inside that printer is easily accessible.

UNDERDOGG (July 14th, 2014)

Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 1:08:44 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I just called All American thinking that the price would be around $16,000. But the guy said they are on sale for $11,999. So as of right now it is between the Neoflex and the Spectra 3000 for $8000, but I need to do more research on the spectra. Thanks guys for the feed back.

Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 2:18:13 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERDOGG
I just called All American thinking that the price would be around $16,000. But the guy said they are on sale for $11,999. So as of right now it is between the Neoflex and the Spectra 3000 for $8000, but I need to do more research on the spectra. Thanks guys for the feed back.
I have Spectra 3000 and I can say its amazing.I had printer based on Epson 4880 and it's was too slow. Epson 4880 is outdated.This one is so fast, and EK RIP works great. It saves a lot of time. All those ads on many DTGs promising 300 t-shirts a day is just a joke, its impossible. And on this one I got my record number of prints per day on Father's day sales. The pressurized ink system really makes a difference.

Also I got Another Spectra 3000 couple of weeks ago, it sells for 6000$ now.
bentcycle likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paata01 For This Useful Post:
bentcycle (July 17th, 2014), UNDERDOGG (July 14th, 2014)
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 2:41:59 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paata01
I have Spectra 3000 and I can say its amazing.I had printer based on Epson 4880 and it's was too slow. Epson 4880 is outdated.This one is so fast, and EK RIP works great. It saves a lot of time. All those ads on many DTGs promising 300 t-shirts a day is just a joke, its impossible. And on this one I got my record number of prints per day on Father's day sales. The pressurized ink system really makes a difference.

So are u saying the Neoflex runs Epson 4880?

Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 2:59:30 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Peter

Quote:
So are u saying the Neoflex runs Epson 4880?
I am not talking about Neoflex, I never had neoflex. I am talking about Rainbow based on Epson 4880.

The Following User Says Thank You to paata01 For This Useful Post:
UNDERDOGG (July 15th, 2014)
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 3:00:38 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paata01

I just checked because I thought it was a price without warranty but I was wrong. According to their ebay listing, its a summer sale and you have 1 year warranty as long as you go to training at their NJ facility.

There are a lot of specials this month!

The Following User Says Thank You to joe83 For This Useful Post:
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 3:01:40 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The Neoflex is based on the Epson 4880.

The Following User Says Thank You to lazographics For This Useful Post:
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 5:35:04 PM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I talked with a sales rep from Spectra and he said he is not going to attend the Las Vegas show in August. I would like to see it perform in person before i buy one. But they are on the East coast and I live on the west coast so that makes it hard. Also he said they have only been around since January 2014. ALL of the reviews I have seen have been positive about the Spectra but I'm leaning towards not buying one because, 1. I can't see it in person in less I fly to the east coast. 2. They only had it on the market since January of this year. 3. He says he has a 4-8 week waiting list. 4. I'm a very skeptical person and all those good reviews, might not be real, if u know what I mean. The guy also said that the spectra 3000 was a game changer for $8000. He said DTG companies have been taking advantage of customers for years by over pricing for their machinces. And he also said alot of companies are dropping their prices like Neoflex went from $16,000 to $10,000, because of the Spectra 3000. Right now even thought it is higher in price, I think I might go with the Neoflex.

Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 6:25:11 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Still you make some good points. The neoflex is a proven printer with exellent reviews in performance and support. The spectra has a lot less reviews because it's new. I guess it depends whether you want to "take a chance" on a new printer and save $6,000. Or take the safe bet and get what we all know is the best dtg printer out there. Like I said whichever you choose, I'm sure you will be a happy customer.

The Following User Says Thank You to estrada For This Useful Post:
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 7:06:17 PM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

In terms of support the Neofamily has a strong presence in this forum. Lots of places to get help on top of the tech support you get from AA.
allamerican likes this.

allamerican (July 14th, 2014)
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 8:23:17 PM -   #28 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote:
I talked with a sales rep from Spectra and he said he is not going to attend the Las Vegas show in August. I would like to see it perform in person before i buy one. But they are on the East coast and I live on the west coast so that makes it hard. Also he said they have only been around since January 2014. ALL of the reviews I have seen have been positive about the Spectra but I'm leaning towards not buying one because, 1. I can't see it in person in less I fly to the east coast. 2. They only had it on the market since January of this year. 3. He says he has a 4-8 week waiting list. 4. I'm a very skeptical person and all those good reviews, might not be real, if u know what I mean. The guy also said that the spectra 3000 was a game changer for $8000. He said DTG companies have been taking advantage of customers for years by over pricing for their machinces. And he also said alot of companies are dropping their prices like Neoflex went from $16,000 to $10,000, because of the Spectra 3000. Right now even thought it is higher in price, I think I might go with the Neoflex.
The NeoFlex is a great printer you cant go wrong. They have a talented staff, they also have an excellent 2 day training in philly! don't forget to get a chese steak when your there..
allamerican likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
allamerican (July 14th, 2014), UNDERDOGG (July 15th, 2014)
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 10:01:42 PM -   #29 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

When anybody has some doubt best choice is go to the show and check with own eyes. Worth Gold.. Jeff is talented guy. His partner has to keep up with new launch until have many references. Another option is send your art work work to all Dtg manufactures and ask print for you. Choose hardest image you can. Wish your best.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
Old July 14th, 2014 Jul 14, 2014 10:02:04 PM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Aj
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
The NeoFlex is a great printer you cant go wrong. They have a talented staff, they also have an excellent 2 day training in philly! don't forget to get a chese steak when your there..
Very clever. You say nothing but nice things about Neoflex, but all your links in your signature is Spectra 3000. What type of inks does the Spectra 3000 use and how do they compare with Neoflex?
Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to tee09 For This Useful Post:

This is a discussion about What DTG would you recommend? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in