[Need Help Selecting Which DTG Machine to Buy] Best DTG to print all-over the t-shirt - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

[Need Help Selecting Which DTG Machine to Buy] Best DTG to print all-over the t-shirt

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BandPrints

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 17th, 2013 Aug 17, 2013 10:13:29 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Best DTG to print all-over the t-shirt

Hello,

I'm looking for DTG printer which will do all-over printing like this on design: http://i.imagebanana.com/img/n2bgz9d...84307652_n.jpg

It'd be cool if it'd be cheap and good printer.

Best

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 4:10:46 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default Re: Best DTG to print all-over the t-shirt

Sorry to say but i believe the only machine that can print that big is the aeoon, which starts off around $200k. the smaller printers max at a width of 15 inches normally and the length varies.

Its real easy to design a cool shirt, printing it is a whole different story. This is more of a cut ans sew type, or belt printing which you need minimum of 1000

Old August 19th, 2013 Aug 19, 2013 4:15:06 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Gareth

Hi

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZetiu_ccGg DTG Digital M4.

This video was shot at the last FESPA show in London.

regards

Old August 20th, 2013 Aug 20, 2013 10:39:52 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

This one printer is M4, or M4XL?

Old August 21st, 2013 Aug 21, 2013 2:16:39 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Gareth

The machine is a basic M4 with optional extension rollers and flat printing platen.

regards

Old August 21st, 2013 Aug 21, 2013 5:17:29 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Garrett
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I once thought about getting into Jumbo DTG printing to offer it along side our jumbo screen printing services. But after crunching a lot of numbers (ink cost, time, time, time, and daily production numbers) we decided to stick with DTG for standard size prints. It just never seemed to work unless we only printed white or light settings.
brixen likes this.

Old August 21st, 2013 Aug 21, 2013 12:25:21 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I dont think you will find a good solution for ready made goods. But for cut and sew printing segment there will be a lot of posibilities with the new hybrid dye/pigment inks that are slowly comming to market.

Old August 23rd, 2013 Aug 23, 2013 11:13:15 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: joe

We run a DTG Bullet that prints 24"x 59" it prints close to all over prints.

Old October 11th, 2013 Oct 11, 2013 3:23:42 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Honestly for the design you gave there is super easy and it'll be cheep (relative to 4 colour belt printing) you don't even need a belt printer since its one color front, you just need an over-sized platen, and there's no registration to worry about as long as you only use one colour (you have black and halftones of black to make grey.) Plus the back piece is a regular print. Id guess you could get away with only needing to print maybe 70 pieces at a time (but that's just speculation)

If you're after only 5 shirts or printing orders one at a time as they come in (as much as i personally hate polyester shirts) there are places that will all over sublimate 1 or 2 shirts at a time, for super reasonable prices. they can be in full colour and the detail is awesome! plus you get the true picture that you sent, there are no issues with over-saturating the piece with ink, so your picture wont get cannibalized when its colour separated.

In short for more complicated designs you can get them sublimated, if you cant invest a chunk of money, get them sublimated. As much as i hate polly, it would have made things 1000 times easier for me when I started off. And if you're successful, and if you want to, then start changing over to cotton. Way less risk, way easier on you, if your okay with polly sublimate it. Just google "all over sublimation printing"

(dont go on alibaba unless your getting lots ... and then be prepared for the chance of sub par stuff.)

Best regards & God bless - Robert

This is a discussion about Best DTG to print all-over the t-shirt that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in