Need help with Easy T Printer - fixing Error - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Need help with Easy T Printer - fixing Error

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 4:29:27 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Need help with Easy T Printer - fixing Error

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are desperate for answers and are not getting much help from Easy T. Both the paper light and the ink drop let are flashing and all we know is that it is an error but no one will tell us how to fix it. Our printer has now sat for two days without being run because we cannot do anything with these lights flashing. If anyone has been able to fix this with their own machines in the past, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:01:29 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: Need help with Easy T Printer - fixing Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPGraphics
Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are desperate for answers and are not getting much help from Easy T. Both the paper light and the ink drop let are flashing and all we know is that it is an error but no one will tell us how to fix it. Our printer has now sat for two days without being run because we cannot do anything with these lights flashing. If anyone has been able to fix this with their own machines in the past, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
A video would help to diagnose the issue (from start up) there are other threads on the same printer here that have experienced the same issues that you have-might want to search those threads aswell, some of the fixes have been documented...

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:04:45 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks - I'll try and get a video uploaded. I've done some searches but haven't been able to find anything - do you have any links?

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:21:41 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Thanks - I'll try and get a video uploaded. I've done some searches but haven't been able to find anything - do you have any links?
Heres one but there are many threads https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-garment-dtg-inkjet-printing/t193001.html#post1136860

search the printer name in the search box just so you know the double yellows are just indicating theres an issue with the printer and there can be many causes of the error, it needs to be diagnosed by an epson technician to determine what exactly it is... generally it can be diagnosed from a detailed vid/skype..

Last edited by german13; February 15th, 2013 at 06:30 PM..

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:25:19 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Terrific. Thanks. I'm working on getting the video uploaded now. In the mean time here is the error that is occuring: 42H: X-Hot detect after flashing. i was able to run a program that told me that. Does that help at all?

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:31:04 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Terrific. Thanks. I'm working on getting the video uploaded now. In the mean time here is the error that is occuring: 42H: X-Hot detect after flashing. i was able to run a program that told me that. Does that help at all?
was that with the epson adjustment program? which printer model..

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:38:06 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yep - thats what it is. It's the R2880. Trying to get the video uploaded from my phone. Hopefully should have it soon...

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:42:16 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Havnt used the 2880 much, but from the sounds of it.. the print head or a motor is reading an abnormal temp... how long has it been in use?

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:48:58 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Well we are on our second machine since the first one never worked from the get go. We have had this one for two weeks now and at first it was working alright - we were just having problems having lines through our prints so Easy T sent us new cartridges as they were having issues with the ones they sent with the machines and we tried installing those a few days ago and the printer would not read them. We put the old ones back in and then we weren't even able to get a nozzle check or anything. We would get ink on the waste pad and through to the waste bottle when we ran heading cleanings but no ink on nozzle checks or print purges. Then two nights ago we turned the machine on, it ran it's initial start up and then both lights started blinking and haven't been able to get answers since.

Apparently my phone thinks its too late to work or something tonight. I cannot get the video to upload. I'm going to keep trying and hopefully have it up by tomorrow. I really appreciate your help so far!

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 6:53:08 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I think I finally got it! Hopefully it works.... http://sdrv.ms/11LMpjB

Old February 15th, 2013 Feb 15, 2013 7:42:36 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I think I finally got it! Hopefully it works.... http://sdrv.ms/11LMpjB

It seems to be going thru its initial sequence, i cant pinpoint what exactly is going on.. it could be as simple as an inkchip issue or the head/motherboard/cisc deal.. I have converted the 2880 to dtg but we abondoned it after extensive testing due to starvation issues as the 2880 functions a bit different than the other 8 channel epsons.. we consulted the issue with a few rip manufactures and were warned that this was not the best epson model to use for dtg due to the ink control differences. I also dont know of any other manufacturers that use this model either.. It may be best to consult with the manufacturer while under warranty at this point

P.S do you know if the pw sensor was left in the printer? also when i tested this printer there were 2 chipsets available one was listed with photo black (pk) and one was listed with matt black (mk) these were seperate chip blocks from the carts and had little white toggle reset switches.. I cant recall but one of the sets worked and the other did not consistantly check and see if you have this type of chip set- which one it is (mk) or (pk) and try the other.. you get both sets when you order carts maybe the issue? inkjetcarts.us http://store.inkjetcarts.us/epson-r2...tem-p4651.aspx

Last edited by german13; February 15th, 2013 at 08:02 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
JTPGraphics (February 19th, 2013)
Old February 16th, 2013 Feb 16, 2013 9:15:12 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Andy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Try using the new cartridges again. If they won't reset they might be in the wrong slot. Each ink cartridge is for a specific spot.

I don't recommend using the original (inkjetcarts) cartridges we sent you. We traced our ink flow and banding issues to them.

The head hot error could be a couple things. 1 - Ink or fluid got down the ribbon cable causing a short. 2 - lack of ink flow is causing the head to over heat

Thank you,
Andy

Old February 19th, 2013 Feb 19, 2013 1:05:36 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you for all your help Jeff. I finally had some time to sit down today and get back on the forums. We are starting racing season here in Iowa and are busy lettering cars. I appreciate all your responses.

Andy - Michael sent me the correct order of the cartridges the other day but the ink light still does not disappear. The error finally disappeared when we turned the printer on last night but we still have not had any luck with the new cartridges.

How would we know if the ribbon cable is causing a short?

Old February 26th, 2013 Feb 26, 2013 12:16:16 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I'm having this same issue with my r1900 dtg. Have you managed to fix it?

kully

Old February 28th, 2013 Feb 28, 2013 9:28:36 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Star
I'm having this same issue with my r1900 dtg. Have you managed to fix it?

kully
No the issue was never solved. We are exchanging for a new machine. Sorry!

This is a discussion about Need help with Easy T Printer - fixing Error that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in