Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 14th, 2012 Jul 14, 2012 3:11:10 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights

I bought the Easy T Printer about two months ago. I don't feel as though I am getting the service I was promised when I spent 8,000 dollars on this machine. It was a brand new never used (except test run) machine. I have been having trouble since the first day. There is not much information out there on this machine. The Knowledge page the Easy T Printer company has on there page is a joke.
I am getting double flashing orange lights on my machine--which on the knowledge center states it is a fatal error. I have taken all the steps to try to fix this according to the website with NO luck. I have contacted the owner Andy and I keep getting half answers to my questions. I really do like this machine if it would only work.......HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 14th, 2012 Jul 14, 2012 11:20:24 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severity
I bought the Easy T Printer about two months ago. I don't feel as though I am getting the service I was promised when I spent 8,000 dollars on this machine. It was a brand new never used (except test run) machine. I have been having trouble since the first day. There is not much information out there on this machine. The Knowledge page the Easy T Printer company has on there page is a joke.
I am getting double flashing orange lights on my machine--which on the knowledge center states it is a fatal error. I have taken all the steps to try to fix this according to the website with NO luck. I have contacted the owner Andy and I keep getting half answers to my questions. I really do like this machine if it would only work.......HELP!!!!!
post a vid of exactly whats going on, general error can be caused by several different issues.. generally if you understand the printers function it can be fixed easily unless its a electronic issue or hardware failure.. you will get more help by posting a vid so we can see when and where its happening!! sorta like going to the auto mechanic/it has to be visably diagnosed, make sure you have good volume/sound on the vid, there are certain things we listen for that should happen without taking it apart to see if its happening mechanically @ 2 months you should still be under warranty? P.S skype works well also, i use this alot when helping the diy guys, maybe they can help you this way...

Last edited by german13; July 15th, 2012 at 12:27 AM..

Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 8:20:38 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Judi

I also have this problem with my Easy T Printer. I have also checked on the web site for info and followed their directions.

The only way I have found to clear it is to turn off the machine and restart it.

Would be tough to video it as there is no rhyme or reason when it occurs. But it is frustrating!

I really like this machine but being a newby to this I have some issues that I cant figure out. Like how come I have bad banding on photos, no matter what I do they are there. If I print it in graphics mode it is better but way to dark.

Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 8:25:28 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccall
I also have this problem with my Easy T Printer. I have also checked on the web site for info and followed their directions.

The only way I have found to clear it is to turn off the machine and restart it.

Would be tough to video it as there is no rhyme or reason when it occurs. But it is frustrating!

I really like this machine but being a newby to this I have some issues that I cant figure out. Like how come I have bad banding on photos, no matter what I do they are there. If I print it in graphics mode it is better but way to dark.
If you can get it when it happens in video, some one or i can help!! Im pretty sure i know what these random errors are but need video for comformation.. the banding is most likely in the hardware as in the drive is slipping causing the steps an adjustment would cure this if adjustment is possible.. this unit uses a spring release system and synthetic material for the friction drive (upgrading to cork friction material and a stiffer or adjustable spring will cure slipping issues)..

Last edited by german13; July 15th, 2012 at 08:41 AM..

Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 8:52:07 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I am trying to send a video but it will not upload. Do you have a private email I could sent it too? or do you know how I could get it to work?
The double flashing orange lights were few and far between at first but now are every time I turn the machine on.

Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 9:09:39 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Andy
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

James

Those flashing lights can be numerous things, if you call my office number this week I can log into your computer and read the code to point us in the right direction.

When are the lights coming on?
During startup?
During a head clean / ink reset?
Right before it starts printing?
During the print?
Right at the end of the print?

Thanks,
Andy

The Following User Says Thank You to abmcdan For This Useful Post:
Severity (July 16th, 2012)
Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 9:13:15 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccall

Judi,

Are you getting a good nozzle check?

If yes then we could adjust the drive pressure and a setting in the RIP to cure the banding.

Please email me some pictures of the prints.

Thank you,
Andy

The Following User Says Thank You to abmcdan For This Useful Post:
jmccall (July 16th, 2012)
Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 9:46:15 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Andy, Thank you for responding. I did call the office and leave a message yesterday.
We will call again tomorrow and let you on our pc.

At first double flashing was random and would disappear upon powering off and powering back up.

Progressed to after a pass was complete

Then platen table started moving jerky

Double flashing lights would come on when platen was moved to the printing position upon easy t prompt.

Now I receive double flashing lights upon start up, right after the printhead goes through it's initialization.

The motor in the back moves and as soon as it kicks in so do the orange lights.

I am uploading a video to youtube right now and will post the link as soon as it is finished.

I do apologize for the crankiness that I have, but I lost two accounts this weekend because I could not get the machine working.

Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 10:08:00 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Easy T Printer Fatal Error, Flashing lights - YouTube

Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 10:19:32 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
this is a faulty asf issue (this is the roller they have in the rear of the machine) and should not happen with a two month old printer.. in the start up sequence the asf should be rotating and then you should here a click sound this is the asf doing a milisecond movement in and out of the sensor on the tiny relay board.. if i m not mistaken i didnt see any movement of the asf unit on start up... first check the flat cables to make sure there plugged (i can see the tiny flat cable near the asf unit in the back make sure this didnt get tangled around the asf drive unit and pulled out, if all is plugged its a deeper issue either hardware related or the asf unit is bad itself... I had mentioned/inquired in an earlier thread how the asf would hold up operating (double loading) after the print, i will interested to know if its a wiring issue/ hardware/ or failed asf motor.. you or someone will have to dismantle covers to get to the bottom of the asf failure.. Its a simple replacement and someone can walk you thru it via skype if you have the part/s needed.. shipping the whole machine is costly for warranty repair not to mention flushing inks and downtime. Im sure you can do this yourself and save time/$ but looks like you will need parts if its not a loose connection/motor or ffc.. have them overnight needed parts or possibly send a tech out..

this is not the random error im referring to during some start ups/ printing..

Last edited by german13; July 15th, 2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old July 15th, 2012 Jul 15, 2012 7:59:25 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I had a bit more time to review the vid after returning home and i do hear the asf motor turning, but the asf shaft is not, this tells me its probably a faulty weld where the stock asf shaft was shortened and welded.. you can prolly pin this shaft together as a quick fix to get your jobs done until you get a new part!!

as far as the other random general errors (flashing double orange lights) that were mentioned happening before the asf issue by you and the other owner jmcall, this is an entirely different issue and i gaurantee it will continue to happen until the fault is corrected.. the printer i viewed had this issue also ..if the builder cant correct it, i will wait until a few users ask for the cure, as it doesnt seem my help was well recieved?, when folks cant get resolve they will come calling for help!! to be honest i have been waiting for this question to arise within the threads, its inevitable the way the unit is set up... This is more advanced knowledge that is not readily shared even in the diydtg threads by advanced builders..just goes to show we dont publish all of our secrets, its a case of apprentice vs journeyman knowledge or the difference between the builders that actually went thru the learning process hands on and thoroughly tested operations more than a few test prints....lmao.. dont fret it can be remedied.. If the builder had a resolve for the issue multiple endusers wouldnt be here trouble shooting the same issue, obviously the builder has no clue why this is happening .. like i said if my help is welcomed and assistance is asked for i can help you to get your machine running like a new caddilac.. wonder how long it will take for folks to ask? and who will be first? Mr. outawarranty or Mr. beyondfrustrated... I will start the stop watch now, as im itching to help you and your 8,000 purchase!!

Last edited by german13; July 16th, 2012 at 12:55 PM..

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 6:49:43 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Judi

Andy - will email you this am

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 1:06:57 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Jeff,

Your help is appreciated and we are taking care of our customers.

Your attacks aren't needed and now that you are claiming to be coming out with a competing product you are out of line. This forum is a place to help not run down competitors for your benefit.

Thanks,
Andy

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 1:13:23 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Andy,
Attack? are you serious? im only speaking truth based on knowledge,I think your misreading the intent. Im offering help to fix a problem.. I dont see how this could benefit me only you and your customers? am i missing something? your customer/s came here asked for help (broken asf) i helped and diagnosed the problem.. im offering help aswell for the random flashing (general error lights) again, am i missing something?

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 1:15:08 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Jeff,

Feel free to post your fix idea then.

This is a discussion about Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in