Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 1:19:58 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,052 Posts

Default Re: Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmcdan
Jeff,

Feel free to post your fix idea then.
Andy,

Thanks for the permission and your blessing Im going to save you from all the customer service issues your having with this, you can thank me later!! Im waiting for the end user to ask, and i certainly will give the answer to the issue just so you know its not a fix idea.. its a fix now, but it should have been standard... theres actually 2 issues that need dealt with, and i will explain them both when asked NOT by pm but right here so its beneficial for others with the issue.. after all its free info.. otherwise its up to you to get it worked out..

Last edited by german13; July 16th, 2012 at 05:51 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 6:06:16 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to inform everyone that I did receive a return call from Andy today. He was very helpful and understanding. We are getting the problem solved.

Over the weekend I had also called American Screen Supply's tech support, they did return my call as well but, I had already spoke with Andy.

As I stated in the first post, I will state again, I really like this printer and how easy it is to operate. We owned a T-Jet that we bought used and it was a nightmare.

Thank you to everyone for your help. Causing a dispute among you was not my intent.

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 7:04:40 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severity
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to inform everyone that I did receive a return call from Andy today. He was very helpful and understanding. We are getting the problem solved.

Over the weekend I had also called American Screen Supply's tech support, they did return my call as well but, I had already spoke with Andy.

As I stated in the first post, I will state again, I really like this printer and how easy it is to operate. We owned a T-Jet that we bought used and it was a nightmare.

Thank you to everyone for your help. Causing a dispute among you was not my intent.
James,

Im glad your getting it worked out.. I wish you the best of luck on the dtg venture.. you seem to be a very nice guy!!

the reason your experiencing the other random general errors and this is @ jmmcall and other inquiries also-- is due to the printer still having the pw sensor intact.. the pw sensor is under the carriage next to the ink mark sensor and the bottom of the printhead.. pics below you may get lucky for 5 or even 25 prints depending on the operating conditions of the printer but at some point the double orange general error will show up, unless your printing in the dark!!

Heres how it works and whats happening.. on start up the pw sensor takes an intial reading as a reference this reading in a stock printer tells it if there is paper present or not.. on start up no paper reads a certain voltage and when there is paper it reads a different voltage, its a transmissive photo interupter type sensor (more or less a proximity sensor per say) when using the epson driver it also functions by finding the paper edge when printing in photo modes to make sure its loaded straight/square etc..

that being said in a stock printer its enclosed in a dark area with tight tolerances which will not affect it or give false readings or random errors-you need this sensor with the stock printer using the epson driver... using a rip or another driver like guten print doesnt use the sensor..

your running in sheet mode using ek rip (it uses the same rip we had developement input involvement in that we used for our early 2010 machines it may even say t-dozer in the platen area..lol) therefore this sensor should be removed for trouble free (general error) random flashing light issues.. Once the sensor is removed it only reads one reading forever and cannot be affected by adverse conditions like light, reflective light, sunshine, objects etc, (you can even put the platen under it and it doesnt see it!!) its fairly simple to remove but it should have been done already for error proof operation.. other machines dont use this sensor aswell.. phewwww

next..or second issue is the pe sensor this sensor is the one that gets triggered by the platen bed, the stock sensor is used on this unit and is also a transmissive photo interupter.. which can be adversely affected by the same issues if its exposed to it.. im guessing by the location that it can be easily, this sensor is best changed out for a different type to avoid these issues also even with a mechanical sensor if need be (the stock sensors can be triggered with a flashlight).. this is merely referencing printer function we take a very different approach with the hardware aspect of the build.. take the info for what it is worth, all i can say is i have been building these for nearly three years and we know how they work inside out and all our machines work error free, as we have been thru the trial and error phase many moons ago.. this is not learned in a few months the education came self taught at the expense of countless hours and thousands in r&d printer cost which experience can never be substituted done my good deed for the day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pw sensor cover.jpg (63.9 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg pw sensor cover off.jpg (83.4 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by german13; July 16th, 2012 at 10:44 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
penguindrum (July 28th, 2012), Severity (July 17th, 2012)

Old July 26th, 2012 Jul 26, 2012 1:03:07 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

James,

Just thought i would check in on ya!! did you get back up and running?

Old September 7th, 2012 Sep 7, 2012 8:44:21 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Angela

I am having a similar issue with my brand new easy t printer, but now my platen will not move forward at all. If there is no platen on the machine all of the gears seem to move correctly but as soon as the platen is moved into place to print I get no movement and double flashing orange lights appear and then I have to restart...AGAIN I too like the ease of the machine when it is working but I cannot print the orders I have if the platen won't move....any help on why this is happening would be helpful.

Old September 8th, 2012 Sep 8, 2012 6:06:36 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasperfect
I am having a similar issue with my brand new easy t printer, but now my platen will not move forward at all. If there is no platen on the machine all of the gears seem to move correctly but as soon as the platen is moved into place to print I get no movement and double flashing orange lights appear and then I have to restart...AGAIN I too like the ease of the machine when it is working but I cannot print the orders I have if the platen won't move....any help on why this is happening would be helpful.
Is it an epson r2000 or r2880? Have you had an opportunity to speak with Andy about it? If you can reach him he is usually quite helpful and accommodating. He provided a solution for me when my r2000 version did this same thing, and am sure he will do the same for you. I myself have a major problem with my replacement that I've had for three weeks, and the jury is still out as I have not heard back from him yet, but this is a weekend and he often travels. Keep all of us fellow Easy-T owners informed on how this works out for you. This forum is a good mode of check and balance.
Welcome! Hope you get your answers.

Old September 8th, 2012 Sep 8, 2012 11:02:25 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severity
Is it an epson r2000 or r2880? Have you had an opportunity to speak with Andy about it? If you can reach him he is usually quite helpful and accommodating. He provided a solution for me when my r2000 version did this same thing, and am sure he will do the same for you. I myself have a major problem with my replacement that I've had for three weeks, and the jury is still out as I have not heard back from him yet, but this is a weekend and he often travels. Keep all of us fellow Easy-T owners informed on how this works out for you. This forum is a good mode of check and balance.
Welcome! Hope you get your answers.
It is an epson r2880...I have been trying to talk with Andy about this and he has emailed solutions to several other issues but no response on this. How did you fix yours? I have an order that needs to get printed this weekend and need some kind of answer for at least something to try in order to get it fixed. I definitely thought there was going to be more technical support available...luckily I am pretty savvy about solving issues with trial and error.

I welcome any possible solution ideas to this problem.

Old September 8th, 2012 Sep 8, 2012 11:12:59 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
It is an epson r2880...I have been trying to talk with Andy about this and he has emailed solutions to several other issues but no response on this. How did you fix yours? I have an order that needs to get printed this weekend and need some kind of answer for at least something to try in order to get it fixed. I definitely thought there was going to be more technical support available...luckily I am pretty savvy about solving issues with trial and error.

Videos would help, for anyone to help they need to actually see whats happening!! double yellows have many potential causes.. Im sure someone could help if they see the issue in action..

Old September 8th, 2012 Sep 8, 2012 2:43:12 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
Videos would help, for anyone to help they need to actually see whats happening!! double yellows have many potential causes.. Im sure someone could help if they see the issue in action..
I did record a video of what is going on with my printer and it is posted on youtube for anyone to see.

Old September 8th, 2012 Sep 8, 2012 3:46:35 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
I did record a video of what is going on with my printer and it is posted on youtube for anyone to see.
First check and see if the asf is spinning!! this is the rubber coated wheel in the rear of the printer that delivers the platen starting out!! it seems there is a problem with this as i dont see any movement of the platen but i do here the asf unit turning!! sounds like the same issue another poster with the easy t had which was a faulty asf unit.. start there anyway!!

heres the link of vid with similar problem as yours, your posted video is hard to tell (lighting)but im betting its a faulty weld on the modified asf unit aswell!! If its verified to be the asf this should be covered by the warranty.. you may want to talk with james whom got his replaced due to the issue from what i understand!
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...ml#post1137154

Last edited by german13; September 8th, 2012 at 03:56 PM..

Old September 8th, 2012 Sep 8, 2012 5:54:44 PM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Smile Re: Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights

Quote:

Mine was an r2000 faulty asf unit he paid to have it picked up and reshipped and replaced it with the r2880. That issue should be fixed on yours but sounds like not. He usually responds within a day or 6. Jeff is usually spot on right, feel confident in any advice he has for you.

Old November 1st, 2019 Nov 1, 2019 2:05:11 PM -   #27 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Buenas a todos,estoy finalizando mi dtg con una epson 1410, pude imprimir tres copias con bastante trabajo y hasta el momento no volvio a imprimir, estoy un poco mareado ya jaja pero por todo lo que estaba leyendo coincido con algunos de los post en cuanto a las fallas que se me presentan, lo mejor es quitar por completo el pw sentor?? gracias y seguirte intentando y en cuanto pueda subo algunas imagenes de como la arme

This is a discussion about Trouble Shooting Double Flashing Orange lights that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in