Easy t printer or new veloci-T printer? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Easy t printer or new veloci-T printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 10th, 2012 Jul 10, 2012 7:11:12 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Easy t printer or new veloci-T printer?

i am finally at the point of buyıng a dtg but now a new player in the market. Velci-t by equipment zone.
anyone knows anything about this? which one would be better in quality Warranty? etc. ı know easy t prints on darks but equıpment zone is been there for a while and good support for 1 year laber and parts? what u guys think which machine is the way to go under 7000

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2012 Jul 10, 2012 7:17:13 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Easy t printer or new veloci-T printer?

As far a support goes EZ has been great - with even the smallest problems. Only thing is Im pretty sure the Veloci-T will NOT print on dark shirts - no white ink. So if your looking for something to print dark shirts on I dont think this will work for you.

Old July 11th, 2012 Jul 11, 2012 12:58:47 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sherry

Yes you definitely need a printer that has white ink capabilities. Opens up so many more opportunities for sales. That's the reason I went with the easy t printer.

Old July 12th, 2012 Jul 12, 2012 6:07:49 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: howard

Go with the Easy T! Equipment zone was a nightmare to deal with!

The Following User Says Thank You to hcohen22 For This Useful Post:
twistedmonkey (July 12th, 2012)
Old July 14th, 2012 Jul 14, 2012 8:12:57 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I wouldnt go with EZ either.
There are so mant complaints and unanswered
problems associated with their printers I see in these forums.
I think they try but often will get problems that are out of their control and even they cant figure out.

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 5:15:05 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolroo
I wouldnt go with EZ either.
There are so mant complaints and unanswered
problems associated with their printers I see in these forums.
I think they try but often will get problems that are out of their control and even they cant figure out.
Hardware forums are where unhappy users go to complain.

We're an Easy T user (I posted my review in these forums already) and we're not posting how happy we are, every day, because we're busy making money with our printer.

The printer set me back $8000. We're able to generate profits exceeding $150 per hour with our unit.

As I said in my review, this is NOT a $25,000 printer, it's an $8000 printer. As such, the problems we've experienced haven't been considered a big deal -- it's a new printer, built by a small US manufacturer. Andy has always fixed any minor problems, he's gone above and beyond the call of duty.

We're already budgeting for a second Easy T in dual-CMYK configuration. I think we'll order it in August -- less than 2 months after ordering our first one.

Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 5:43:09 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Judi

I am happy with my Easy T - just have a few minor issues that this newby needs to get figured out.

Old July 20th, 2012 Jul 20, 2012 5:05:08 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Heres the first vid that i have seen on the veloci=t, still not 100% on which epson based printer it is? i was told its an workforce 1100/7010.. maybe equipmentzone will chime in and clarify which epson model it actually is!! Im guessing this printer is made by the same folks whom make the rainbow printer, based on the signature platen system? Groener a German company?

From what i understand this is a cmyk only printer? (white or light shirts) Is there another model based on the desktop/dx5 head available in the same design? as im sure the capabilty is there to do so (swapping printer models).. this is one to watch IMHO if theres a dx5 model in the works @ the entry level price competition is getting stiff still waiting on the white ink capable desktop in the 4500-5500 price range and i think this design could pull it off and be a profitable machine for sure.. then i think dtg will grow enormously!! cool design by the way but it needs some stickers on the red plastic!!

Veloci-T Direct To Garment Printer - Just $6,995 - YouTube

Last edited by german13; July 20th, 2012 at 06:39 AM..

Old July 23rd, 2012 Jul 23, 2012 9:22:45 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sherry

I got my easy t printer Friday. It came very well packaged. Everything was fine no cracks broken parts etc. seems to be a very solid nice machine. I haven't got it up and running yet as waiting for my new place of business to be ready and don't want to have to set it up twice. Been an Excellent experience with easy t so far! I couldn't have asked for better customer service!

Old July 29th, 2012 Jul 29, 2012 10:52:30 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Seems both have lowered there price on ebay to 5900.00... looks like some price wars flaring up? It will prolly end up whom can go the lowest and still profit as far as price perspective?? This is what competition creates as we have seen an 8,000 machine drop to 5900 in a short time! are we going to see the entry level models in the 4500-5500 range? I think so maybe lower?, including the 8 channel printers, as we are only talking a few hundred dollars difference in the actual print engine base cost..If one wants to be competitve and stay in business price will be a factor in this reality, there will also be a point of whos entry level printer can keep up with production!! you may be able to sell alot of printers but sales cant trump production capabilities ...This is an entirely new market and will be interesting to watch..

Old July 29th, 2012 Jul 29, 2012 10:59:43 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

With volume production, there's little reason these machines couldn't drop to $5k. You still need ancillary accessories to get started (ink, press, cleaning solution, pretreatment, etc) but if you're starting with just CMYK, a $5k solution would open plenty of doors.

I think that the most active market for the lower end machines would be walk-ups and kiosks -- production speed isn't important if you're selling $20 "while you wait" custom t-shirts.

And if you did need production speed as a priority, a step up to a higher end machine (Neoflex?) is only 4000 shirts worth of profit. Just run 2 shifts per day during your busy season and you should be able to upgrade to a faster unit in a month or two -- if you have that kind of volume.

We'll pay off our first Easy T in under 4 months total. 1600 shirts. Production time hasn't been an issue, but of course I'd love a much faster machine (Aeeon YouTube gets a lot of hits from my shop).

Old July 29th, 2012 Jul 29, 2012 11:52:52 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I should have noted when i referred to production, i meant the actual production of the machine being built itself!! The desk top epson model printer is faster than any pro model epson printer as far as time per print basis on an equal sized and identical image, this due to the actual epson print engine firmware and interweaving capability between the two.. additional platens and work flow increase production on the 48xx series printer but not the actual print times per print on the same size and type graphic thats just a fact!! comes down to your business model, print qauility expected, rip capability etc.. but to get up in the higher print production speeds your going to be spending kornit and aeoon type money... @ this point you would weigh your machine cost, production volume, business model.. ie add another low cost machine to increase production? vs... I cant see spending 200,000-500,000 on these high end printers without being in the top 1% of your market! that leaves most of us out.. I would also add i have not seen a high end machine beat the print qauility of the epson print! have you?

Old July 29th, 2012 Jul 29, 2012 12:03:27 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Oh, I didn't realize that the 4880s would be slower (on a per-print basis) than the 1900/2000 models. Makes sense, though.

I would actually be willing to give up some resolution in exchange for speed -- the only reason we ever print in superfine mode is to reduce banding, but that's just a kludge that is better fixed by a nozzle clean. Printing in regular mode (720x720 I assume) is fast and aligns perfectly if the nozzles are clean.

I'd gather that the majority of the installation labor for the cheapest DTG printers is pure assembly: since a third party RIP does the data portion (EKPrint), that's plug and go. Since they appear to be using mostly OEM products, one can pre-make the long cables and that should be plug and go.

The most time consuming process is the alpha/beta test stages. I can not imagine how many hours go into testing every little adaptation of the OEM printer -- I'd guess a few thousand man-hours minimum.

Once that's resolved, the actual printer itself should be cheap to manufacturer. But us early adopters have to be the ones paying for the thousands of man-hours of initial design-build costs.

I'm OK with that -- as I progress and profit, I'm happy to share some of my secrets with others, but not all of them.

My guess is that the base line DTG printers (CMYK only) will sell for under $2500 by 2014, and the white underbase ones will sell for $4500.

The $8000-$10,000 price range will be replaced with Epson-based printers with 2 actual printheads (white in front, CMYK following up in back), channeling 8 channels of white and 2 channels each of CMYK -- and I don't know of anyone actually working on one, but it's definitely doable. It would triple productivity on darks, or faster!.

Old July 29th, 2012 Jul 29, 2012 3:11:55 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

On another note, the pic they list on ebay of the veloci-t clearly shows the epson workforce 1100 control panel (white face w/buttons lower right in the pic) So i think we can confirm this is an epson wf 1100 base model unit... The concern here is epson no longer sells the wf1100 its out of production, compass micro does sell wf1100 parts but how long is the question?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v-t pic.jpg (166.8 KB, 39 views)

Old July 29th, 2012 Jul 29, 2012 3:22:14 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I've seen that dual printhead video -- what I'm thinking about isn't a back-to-back print system, but a front-to-back system that literally prints white followed by CMYK in the same pass. Possible to calibrate? No clue. Custom ROM? Probably. Definitely going to be the next step for the commercial DIYDTG folks.

That Veloci-T worries me certainly. Easy T just retired the R1900 based printers and moved to a newer Epson printer (R2000? Not sure), which shows that they're at least spending their profits on revising their product.

Again though, for me, $8000 for a complete system from Easy T isn't even a decision. 67 T-shirts sold a month for 2 years pays it off -- and we're selling more than 67 printers. If it dies at 2 years and there aren't replacement parts, I buy whatever is newest and prettiest.

We've been considering doing an in-house DIYDTG ourselves (3880 would be preferred for the wider platen width) but were waiting to have an actual DTG in-house before tinkering. I was considering using 80/20 Inc's framing to build it. We'll see if we slow down in winter...

This is a discussion about Easy t printer or new veloci-T printer? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in