What is the Best DTG Printer? - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

What is the Best DTG Printer?

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2008 Oct 12, 2008 6:02:10 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is the Best DTG Printer?

Mr Sharkfin -

If Brother was as good as they maintain, then WHY would they NOT state in print and in sales pitch that THIS MACHINE DOES NOT DO DARK COLORS????? And why are they telling owners of the machine to, DISCOURAGE THE SALES OF DARK COLORS??? Everyone has their own way of seeing things and clearly your eyes are fogged!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2008 Oct 12, 2008 11:24:52 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by payet-tees
If Brother was as good as they maintain, then WHY would they NOT state in print and in sales pitch that THIS MACHINE DOES NOT DO DARK COLORS?????
For what it's worth, the Brother web site for the GT-541 FAQ section says:

Quote:
Q. What color of garments can it print on?
A.We can print on white and many light or pastel color shirts, additionally some dark color shirts as well.

Q. Can we print on dark color shirts?
A. It depends on the color of the garment. But it cannot print on black due to the printer not having white ink.

Old October 12th, 2008 Oct 12, 2008 1:48:36 PM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: corey

People we have to wake up! I'm 49 and have been into DTG from the beginning.Again I Say research,research,research! Brother is about to release their printer with white ink so don't despiar. I,ve had 2 different DTG'S so far and for my money the BROTHERS BEEN THE BEST! but as soon as the brother and white ink are one( so to speak) I will be buying one of those.PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT TALK TO OWNERS OF THESE MACHINES! We're spending lots of money so do the research and know your market! P.S. LAZY PEOPLE GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND BLAME IT ON THE OTHER GUY!

Old October 12th, 2008 Oct 12, 2008 1:51:51 PM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

BTW its SHARKTEES not sharkfin maybe thats why your confused!

Old October 12th, 2008 Oct 12, 2008 2:02:26 PM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Also my rep never told me that, I did my research so I new what the machine could and couldn't do before I plopped down my money.I have noone to blame for my success but myself. I can print any color but the ones you stated earlier.So yo never told us about your reseaech like I asked earlier,PAL YOU DROPPED THE BALL!

Old October 12th, 2008 Oct 12, 2008 2:13:41 PM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Angela

Quote:
Mr Sharkfin -

If Brother was as good as they maintain, then WHY would they NOT state in print and in sales pitch that THIS MACHINE DOES NOT DO DARK COLORS????? And why are they telling owners of the machine to, DISCOURAGE THE SALES OF DARK COLORS??? Everyone has their own way of seeing things and clearly your eyes are fogged!
The brother does state on their website in their Frequently ask question section about the machine what the machine can print on.

They can't say "it can't print on ALL DARK COLORS" because that would not be true.

What most of us that owned this printer did when we got the printer is print off the color pallet on each shirt color we planned to print on so we could see what colors did and didn't print on a particular shirt color.

I feel your disappointment but i have to agree with Sharktee on this one there is so much info on this forum from others asking about the brother in almost everything thread someone says "It doesn't print white ink".

My advice to you is that you think it over calmly before returning your machine. As someone that came from the otherside 1st...

(Owned a T-jet that could print on dark colors) i sold it and opted for the Brother (knowing it couldn't print white ink) because "the machines" that can print white it don't do it well. You loose more shirts attempting to print a decent dark shirt. Consistent print quality from one shirt to the other is not there. I could go on but simply put you have the best machine there is, it can't print white ink on a few dark shirts but for those things sub out as someone said.

What i do and many other brother owners do and i for one have "never" lost a job because i couldn't print on a dark shirt is to get plastisol transfers. Here are a few examples of jobs i did when the customer wanted a dark color garment printed;

So you didn't have to loose those jobs you had alternatives. Check out plastisol transfers anyone doing shirts that isn't a screenprinter should know about this method and have a list of companies that offer this service.

Much success on whatever you decided.

The Following User Says Thank You to printchic For This Useful Post:
Rodney (October 28th, 2008)
Old October 13th, 2008 Oct 13, 2008 4:47:54 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Well said Printchic well said!

Old October 16th, 2008 Oct 16, 2008 4:28:18 PM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

thank you all for your information, this is a good place to do some of that research, thanks again

Old October 16th, 2008 Oct 16, 2008 8:46:50 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i was not familiar with tshirt forums until after

Old October 16th, 2008 Oct 16, 2008 8:49:31 PM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

sharkman, did you have a bad childhood or something - you seem so arrogant and irritable each time you respond - get a life! it happened - this is MY story and I did not have the ball in my hand so therefore it would be impossible to have dropped

please don't waste my time -

Old October 16th, 2008 Oct 16, 2008 8:53:06 PM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

you must be looking at a totally different website than the brother site I have been looking at - red and jeans are distinctly dark colors - and it was NOT the website but the salesman who told me just recently when I questioned him that when they said BLACK "I" should have known = all DARK colors. we could not do forest OR kelly green, brown, navy or purple - if you have had a different experience it clearly must have been divine intervention.

Old October 17th, 2008 Oct 17, 2008 7:11:14 AM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Be sure to consider your volume of production. We found our use of the machine was not at a high enough volume (printed occasionally during a week, small runs of 20-25 shirts) and the nozzles constantly clogged. Even ran nozzle checks each morning and each afternoon just to run ink through so it would not gum up. Eventually had to replace the head ($500 job) and have had no luck since. We were then told these machines need constant use to avoid nozzle problems.

Old October 18th, 2008 Oct 18, 2008 4:48:03 PM -   #73 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
you must be looking at a totally different website than the brother site I have been looking at - red and jeans are distinctly dark colors - and it was NOT the website but the salesman who told me just recently when I questioned him that when they said BLACK "I" should have known = all DARK colors. we could not do forest OR kelly green, brown, navy or purple - if you have had a different experience it clearly must have been divine intervention.
We have printed red shirts, blue jeans, military green and such. I am having a hard time believing that a salesman said you could do black shirts, did you look at the machine before you bought it? did you not see there was no white ink?
And there are brown shirts that have been done that look awesome, experiment and you will find it is a great machine

Old June 6th, 2009 Jun 6, 2009 7:56:41 PM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have spent quite a bit of time and research on DTG printers. I am about to choose either the FREEJET from omniprint or the DREAMJET 800 does anyone have any feedback on these and which would you buy ?

Old June 6th, 2009 Jun 6, 2009 8:01:54 PM -   #75 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,032 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGELAS
I have spent quite a bit of time and research on DTG printers. I am about to choose either the FREEJET from omniprint or the DREAMJET 800 does anyone have any feedback on these and which would you buy ?
You may want to start a new topic for your question with a title that talks about the 2 machines you're considering. That way people who aren't following this thread who may have experience with those 2 machines will see the question and be able to answer.

This is a discussion about What is the Best DTG Printer? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in