What is the Best DTG Printer? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

What is the Best DTG Printer?

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2007 Dec 7, 2007 9:35:12 AM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is the Best DTG Printer?

I think you misunderstood what I said in reply to DAGuide. The normal 4800 routine when printing is for the printhead to go across the entire carriage even if the graphic itself is, for example, just a breast print. This obviously takes more time when you multiply the number of times the printhead moves from side to side in an average print. On the Blazer the printhead goes out from the capping station to the edge of the graphic being printed and then returns to the capping station instead of having to go all the way to end of the carriage and then returning.

Last edited by printerguy; December 7th, 2007 at 09:44 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2007 Dec 7, 2007 11:07:10 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
The normal 4800 routine when printing is for the printhead to go across the entire carriage even if the graphic itself is, for example, just a breast print. This obviously takes more time when you multiply the number of times the printhead moves from side to side in an average print. On the Blazer the printhead goes out from the capping station to the edge of the graphic being printed and then returns to the capping station instead of having to go all the way to end of the carriage and then returning.
With all due respect: Who told you that?
Let me clarify that the Blazer does exactly what all Epson 4800 print engines do.
No magic, it is what it is.

The 4800 print head does not travel the entire width of the carriage unless the image is 17 inches wide.
If the image is only 4 inches wide the carriage will only move as far as it needs with respect to the capping station but it will always return and spit.

If you owned any 4800 based printer you could verify this for yourself.

Mark
Belquette Inc

Old January 5th, 2008 Jan 5, 2008 10:10:39 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Ink verses DTG printer

I did not have any knowledge of these DTG printers. I still have to use inkjet trans. I am older and do not have enough years left to warrant even 15k. I have made a lot of shirts and have a vinyl cutter and I can't understand why the industry can't come out with a printable vinyl for shirts. I cut thermofilm for shirts. I have seem shirts printed with a DTG printer in fact one of my customers who I make business shirts for with a full color logo had the exact shirt made on a DGT so we could compare. It faded just as much as my inkjet transfers so what is the point. That is my problem I what to produce a high quility shirt that holds it's color and I haven't been able to find anything good enough yet. Not a printer a transfer or any ink. Food for thought 15k is a big investment. If I purchased a customized shirt I would want my special shirt to hold up until I wore it out. If anyone has a suggestion I would like to hear it.

Old June 4th, 2008 Jun 4, 2008 10:41:18 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
That's a loaded question. Need more information on what type of shirts (darks, lights only) you want to do, ..
Mark
hi Mack,

Given my situation (iam living in Vietnam with budget limit is 10-20k, biz scale is printing 5-50 tshirts per day/ scale of a normal store), could you advice which DTG machine/ model should i buy to be optimal in short and mid term?

Thanks you very much
F5

Old August 21st, 2008 Aug 21, 2008 8:55:14 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I think the AnaJet is the best way to go on this guys. They have a vacuum sealed ink cartridge that keeps the ink from clogging, lasts way longer than the T-Jet. Also, it prints on black. They sent me samples and I was totally impressed. The best part is they make the printer in the US!

Old August 21st, 2008 Aug 21, 2008 9:31:18 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris

Flexi-jet and t-jet blazer express/pro are also made in the US.

I like the idea of vacuum sealed ink cartridges but they come at a higher price.

Bailey, what part of the AnaJet last way longer than the T-Jet?

Old August 21st, 2008 Aug 21, 2008 10:25:27 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
I like the idea of vacuum sealed ink cartridges but they come at a higher price.
Not necessarily, it depends where they come from.

Last edited by Rodney; August 21st, 2008 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: removed sales posts about machine

Old August 21st, 2008 Aug 21, 2008 2:30:26 PM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

To put it simply ,the best DTG printer is the one with ZEROOOOOOOOO problems and because it doesn't exist than it really depends on the persons opinion.

Old September 27th, 2008 Sep 27, 2008 6:10:40 AM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

i have been looking at the direct advantage machine does anyone know anything about this machine

Old September 27th, 2008 Sep 27, 2008 7:37:52 AM -   #55 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I myself do not own one ( I have a Brother and an anajet), but I do know I did not care for the prints on the darks, most of the people at the shows with the advantage did not even have white ink in them to test shirts. There was someone on here that has one and is not happy at all.
I will see if I can find the thread and maybe some more people have posted there as well

Be right back

Old September 27th, 2008 Sep 27, 2008 7:39:41 AM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...ng/t61011.html

Here is one threads but if you go to the dtg page and search for advantage you will find a few things there as well

Good luck

Old September 27th, 2008 Sep 27, 2008 8:01:50 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

thank you for your information i was at the nbm show in indy and didnt realize there were so many machines to choose from

Old October 11th, 2008 Oct 11, 2008 9:09:31 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi,

I am going to put in my brief knowledge for what it is worth! We purchased the DTG-541 a month ago - on the theory that we COULD do all colors BUT Black T-shirts - this is how it was pitched to us and after a lot of research - decided on this. Keep in mind when we were speaking to the salesman - he said the only thing this machine can not print on is BLACK - fast forward to a couple of days ago, we had multiple orders for high school teams, navy, forest green, maroon, choc brown. Strained our brains to figure out why nothing was working - just minor hints of an outline - so we called the company and guess what - YOU CAN"T PRINT ON ANY DARK COLORED SHIRTS! I lost 6 schools business in 1 phone call. Brother's reply - between the 3 of you you should have figured it out - they were baffeled that we did not understand that BLACK encompassed ALL DARKS - so I came back the them and said then if this is clearly the case - then why when pitching the machine do you not SAY DTG-541 DOES NOT ANY DARK COLORED SHIRTS? So in a nutshell, I am returning it as soon as possible, not only did I lose time and money, more importantly I lost business and probably the reputation I had quickly built up in my community!

So please everyone the 1st question to ask is: WHAT CAN'T THIS MACHINE DO?

Old October 11th, 2008 Oct 11, 2008 2:52:20 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: corey

Sorry I can't pass this one up! I to am baffeled as why youdidn't understand this. It sounds like you did very little research on DTG or the Brother,how many trade shows did you go to? how many brother owners did you talk to? how many threads on how many forums did you read? And why did you give up those accounts when all you had to do is sub out those jobs to a screen printer?If you can't see black ink on black shirts why would you think you could see it on navy or dark green?With all the info available to us these days with just the click of a mouse there is no excuse for not doing your home work,I think the blame for this lays squarely on your shoulders,just some things to think about good luck in the future and remember no machine can ruin a good reputation only we make or break our reputations.

Old October 12th, 2008 Oct 12, 2008 6:04:21 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I think I am interested in the brother, my rep told me to try to discourage dark colors if posssible. I was just wondering if there was anyone in a small town that has one of these and how well they do with these, Thanks

This is a discussion about What is the Best DTG Printer? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in