What is the Best DTG Printer? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

What is the Best DTG Printer?

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 22nd, 2007 Nov 22, 2007 6:45:21 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is the Best DTG Printer?

Id recommend anything by Kornit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2007 Nov 26, 2007 8:33:20 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ruthie

What do these systems cost? I notice they don't say on their websites or any related ones that I can find..

What does the Anajet go for?

The T Jet 3 and DTG Kiosk? Thanks!

Old November 26th, 2007 Nov 26, 2007 9:22:32 AM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Pricing always changes unfortunately. You can also get different pricing at a trade show. The Kornit machine is in a different price range. For a complete package (small printer, RIP, dryer,...), it is around $100,000. For the other printers, I would recommend contacting the manufacturers or distributors. Here are some of the websites that I can think of off the top of my head.
- Direct to Garment Printer: AnaJet (Anajet) or Large Format Printing, Dye Sublimation, Inkjet, Solvent, Engraving & Cutters (Anajet Distributor)
- DTG America - Digital Garment Printers (DTG Kiosk, HM1,..) or SWF East | Embroidery machines, T-Shirt Printing Equipment, & Supplies (Eastern Distributor) or Apparel Decorating Equipment from MESA Distributors (Western Distributor)
- U.S. Screen Print & Inkjet Technology (Fast T-Jet 3, Blazer) - tons of distributors to choose from
- Sawgrass Technologies - Home (Direct Advantage) or Tools for screenprinting, sign making, laser engraving, embroidery, promotional products (Direct Advantage Distributor) or www.baurdan.com (Direct Advantage Distributor)
- Brother International - At your side for all your Fax, Printer, MFC, Ptouch, Label printer, Sewing - Embroidery needs. (Brother) or Inkjet Garment Printing and Brother GT-541 Digital Garment Printer (Brother Distributor)
- Specialty Purpose Printers (Flexi-Jet) or www.ddmsupply (Flexi-Jet Distributor)

NOTE: This is not a complete a list, just some quick sites that I can think of. Most of the manufacturers will list their distributors as well. Hope this helps.

Mark

Old November 28th, 2007 Nov 28, 2007 9:25:24 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks so much DAGuide -- that was a lot of info/work! lol

Are there any trade shows in the northeast coming up in 2008 that may have these printers?

Old November 28th, 2007 Nov 28, 2007 12:44:45 PM -   #35 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Northeast? For us Florida boys, NJ is in the northeast. Check out the ISS Atlantic City Show in early March. Imprinted Sportwear Shows. Otherwise, later on in the year there are shows in Boston and Baltimore (NBM Shows: Where People and Business Connect) or Rhode Island (Imprinted Sportwear Shows).

Hope this helps. Now, back to your homework! (I always wanted to say that to someone else).

Mark

Old November 29th, 2007 Nov 29, 2007 9:45:19 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ha Ha, thanks! Boston is my more likely possibility... homework?? I feel like I've been doing "homework" for the last ten years!! Seeings how I've built my own t-shirt business/online store and learned web design all on my own.. seems there is always more to learn... oy

Old December 6th, 2007 Dec 6, 2007 3:06:38 AM -   #37 (permalink)
psi
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joel

Hey Guys,

Can I just ask...Does the T-jet3 use a different print engine to the Blazer?

Are they comparable print quality or would you go for the Blazer?

Thanks

Old December 6th, 2007 Dec 6, 2007 8:24:24 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Looking back on things I should have picked up the blazer for being able to print multiple images at once compared to my t3/t2. The Blazer is based off a 4800 and the T3 is based off an R1800. Comparable print quality and speeds from what I have seen and read

Old December 6th, 2007 Dec 6, 2007 8:25:41 AM -   #39 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

T-Jet3 is based on an R1800 (printable width of 12.5" or so). Blazer is based on a 4800 (printable width of 16" or so). The question about print quality is very subjective and based on several factors (what ink, what RIP, what profiles, what type of graphic, resolutions,...). I am sure you will find people that say that both of them put out great designs. Here is something else to think about.

The R1800 printhead will only move back and forth over the graphic. The 4800 printhead requires it to travel the full distance back and forth the printhead track. So, in some cases (i.e. left chest designs, designs that don't go across the shirt completely)...the R1800 based printers could print the design faster.

Last edited by DAGuide; December 6th, 2007 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: correction on wrong printer

Old December 6th, 2007 Dec 6, 2007 11:42:36 AM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
The printhead in the 4800 is larger, but the drop size in the R1800 is bigger. So, more ink can be dropped by the R1800 than the 4800.
Mark: I'm not sure what you are basing your data on but our system that incorporates these print engines are as follows:

The 1800 and 4800 print heads are physically the same size and have the same nozzle configuration.
The 4800 has a larger drop size then the 1800, respectively 21 pl and 18 pl, so the 4800 can lay down more ink in one pass then a similar 1800 configuration.

FYI: The 2400 print engine maximum drop size is only 12 pl so it will take almost twice as long to lay down the same amount of ink as the 4800 or 1800 print engines.

You are correct regarding the way the print head lays down ink between the 1800 vs 4800.

Mark
Belquette Inc

Last edited by Belquette; December 6th, 2007 at 12:04 PM..

Old December 6th, 2007 Dec 6, 2007 3:50:50 PM -   #41 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mark,

Sorry, I mistaked it for the 2400 as you stated. Doing too many things at once. Post has been changed. Good catch. Thanks.

Mark

Old December 6th, 2007 Dec 6, 2007 4:30:16 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
T-Jet3 is based on an R1800 (printable width of 12.5" or so). Blazer is based on a 4800 (printable width of 16" or so). The question about print quality is very subjective and based on several factors (what ink, what RIP, what profiles, what type of graphic, resolutions,...). I am sure you will find people that say that both of them put out great designs. Here is something else to think about.

The R1800 printhead will only move back and forth over the graphic. The 4800 printhead requires it to travel the full distance back and forth the printhead track. So, in some cases (i.e. left chest designs, designs that don't go across the shirt completely)...the R1800 based printers could print the design faster.

Actually, the Blazer and the new Blazer Express printhead also only move back and forth over the graphic being printed. It does not have to travel the full distance side to side as it's printing. So the Blazers print very quickly.

Last edited by printerguy; December 6th, 2007 at 04:44 PM..

Old December 6th, 2007 Dec 6, 2007 5:48:43 PM -   #43 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by printerguy
Actually, the Blazer and the new Blazer Express printhead also only move back and forth over the graphic being printed. It does not have to travel the full distance side to side as it's printing. So the Blazers print very quickly.
That is interesting. I was told the reason why the printhead travels differently between the two printer models is because of the Epson firmware - which none of the dtg manufacturers can really change. So, maybe US Screen has done something different. Maybe Mark from Flexi-Jet can shed some light on this. All the graphics I saw printed at the SGIA show on the Blazer were full size graphics. So, I could not really tell the difference.

Old December 7th, 2007 Dec 7, 2007 7:56:24 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan

Quote:
Actually if you watch the video:
Video - http://myt-jet.com/videos/T-JET_BLAZER_Express_Commercial_11-27-07_512kps.wmv
You will see that it goes to the spit station every pass
"YODan"

Old December 7th, 2007 Dec 7, 2007 9:21:07 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Marketing blunder

FACT:

ALL 4800/4880 print engines including the 7800/9800 return back to the spit station near the capping station and spits a few drop every x axis pass.
This is an embedded function in the Epson firmware that cannot be changed.

There are 2 reasons for this function.

1: It helps keep the ink lines primed and damper pressures equalized because the head must travel greater distances.

2: These printers are made for the pro market where nozzle drop outs means you just ruined some very expensive media, this routine help avoid this from happening.

Mark
Belquette Inc

This is a discussion about What is the Best DTG Printer? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in