better cheaper dtg ink than dupont - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

better cheaper dtg ink than dupont

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2012 Mar 12, 2012 2:32:09 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Thank you Peter :-) and it was nice to finally meet and put a face to the postings, although I did see you at the dinner at that brewery in long beach, I did not get a chance to talk to you at that one, so it was nice to finally get to this time. I wish I could say I will get better but unfortunately the damage to my spinal cord is permanent, but I am learning better ways as time goes to control the pain. Mostly I have just been more focused on that and spending lots of time with my grand babies, and yes I'm a young nana lol. I know that eventually I will get back to something so my poor fire fighting hubby does not have to take on so much. I still have so many of my customers contacting me, hoping I have started back up. We shall see what the future holds though. Thank you for the prayers :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2012 Sep 18, 2012 12:27:28 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: better cheaper dtg ink than dupont

Hello everyone.
Can anyone tell me whether DTG and Dupont are one and the same brand?
We use DTG ink for DTG M2 and DTG Viper. We use cleaning solution and pre-treatment (DTG as well). But we have to go through certification (cleaning solution and pre-treatment) in order we can buy and go through our Belarusian customs without any problems (Customs doesn't let through cleaning solution and pre-treatment withou certification). We have cerification for DuPont but we don't have certification for DTG.
Are there any document that can certify that DuPont = DTG? Please tell me where I can find them (are there any links on web-sites?)
Please help me!!!

Old September 18th, 2012 Sep 18, 2012 6:32:57 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I would get the MSDS sheet from your distributor to verify if these products are indeed DuPont. Then, have copies of the needed MSDS sheet(s) sent in a clear plastic document envelope that is adhered to the outside of the box when your ink is shipped from them.

Old September 18th, 2012 Sep 18, 2012 6:36:25 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

To be honest it really depends of who is selling you DTG brand inks. Good distributors have Dupont. But some try to earn a little on the side selling other inks as DTG brand. Witnessed this myself with this whole thing with CMYK inks washing of white underbase all over Europe all of the sudden two years ago.

Thats said I don't use Dupont for over a year now and no major problems.

BTW what kind of certification do you need in Belarus to pass the customs ?

Old September 18th, 2012 Sep 18, 2012 9:36:26 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

To kevrokr,
Thank you so much!
to Smalzstein,
If the goods were certified in Russia or Kazahstan, we don't need certification (it is because we are member of Belarussian-Russian-Kazahstanian union). DuPont (or Dtg, I don't remeber exactly) was certified in Russia. That is why we have to prove that DuPont=DTG. In this case we don't need to undergo certification.
If we can't prove this, we have to order one litre of pretreatment or cleaning solution and pass it to certification office and we pay 150 euro for certification. Then the certification office gives us certificate for solution (or pre-treatment). That is the way we pass certification.

Old September 19th, 2012 Sep 19, 2012 5:51:04 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Lol,
duPont = Dtg?
Very funny expression.
DTG(not digital to garment, company name) company in AUS sells printers to many countries. You bought printer from one of his dealers.
Dealer do not have to carry DuPont ink. It can be any brand.
So, you have to deal with guy who sold to you. I don't understand why you cannot have clear answer. Is there anything we do not know?
If you visit DuPont website MSDS is available to download. Public info.
In USA, some people do mix or re-label-- etc, all kind
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Old September 19th, 2012 Sep 19, 2012 9:01:59 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Jerry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
Lol,
dealer do not have to carry DuPont ink. It can be any brand.
That information is incorrect when refering to DTG brand dealers.

I believe you bought your machines from either the Turkish dealer or the Polish dealer. I can confirm that both sell only genuine DuPont consumables.

Old September 20th, 2012 Sep 20, 2012 1:11:14 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Jerry I have a question - do your dealers recive bottles of inks or in containers for them to reffil, mix filter bottle themselfs?

I ask because coupe of times in the past I've recived white in a high state of seperation.

Old September 20th, 2012 Sep 20, 2012 2:46:44 AM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Jerry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

only a couple of dealers buy in bulk and decant themselves, regardless the seperation can happen in any size ink container or cartridge if it is not stored/treated properly or out of date. Did this ink have any batch numbers on it at all?

Old September 20th, 2012 Sep 20, 2012 2:51:35 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I will check if I have some old bottles and check it. Thanks Jerry!

Old September 20th, 2012 Sep 20, 2012 3:47:06 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I believe you bought your machines from either the Turkish dealer or the Polish dealer.

Yes, correct.

Old December 27th, 2012 Dec 27, 2012 11:09:57 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Does any one know of any advantages or disadvantages from the ink bags vs the cartridge type inks for the 4880... I have also seen that DTG has a newer 4480 bulk cartridge and they say to leave an air hole open on top of the cartridge so the ink does not strave... But I see the neoflex does not.. Since they are both based on the 4880 printer is this extra air hold really needed?

Old December 27th, 2012 Dec 27, 2012 1:32:37 PM -   #28 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 846 Posts

bulk carts need the hole open so as the ink leaves the cart, air can take it's place. this way no negative pressure builds.

the carts with bags inside of them (NeoFlex) are vacuum sealed, so no air needs to be introduced into the bag.

i've used both with equal results, while others will swear by the sealed carts (bag inside). if you are printing everyday, then the bulk carts should be fine. i will say that the WHITE ink is much more sensitive to the elements and i would recommend using sealed carts for that. again, i've done both with equal results, but i also keep the ink moving, have good humidity, keep my printer clean, etc.

Old December 27th, 2012 Dec 27, 2012 4:13:37 PM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks ...That makes sense

Old December 27th, 2012 Dec 27, 2012 9:51:02 PM -   #30 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

The NeoFlex can use bulk ink carts, I've used them, but do remember, the carts supplied by AA for the NeoFlex have sealed bags inside - the best of both worlds

This is a discussion about better cheaper dtg ink than dupont that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in