Anyone interested in a bagged bulk ink system for 4800 based machines - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

Anyone interested in a bagged bulk ink system for 4800 based machines

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 22nd, 2012 Feb 22, 2012 1:55:47 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jonathon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone interested in a bagged bulk ink system for 4800 based machines

I've noticed one common thread with some of the bagged bulk ink systems for DTGs... there are no EXTERNAL systems for 4800 based machines.

Has anyone attempted to create their own system? I am currently working on one and wanted to gauge interest before I put in the time on working on a instructional thread.

And yes, you can buy degassed bagged ink cartridges, but that has it's limitations as it still uses Epson's lines and connections. If you've ever opened up an Epson 4800 based machine you know how complicated replacing the lines can be.

Also I imagine this would work with existing bagged inks from Belquette, Equipment Zone, DTGinks, All American, etc...

Last edited by JonWye; February 22nd, 2012 at 06:26 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 22nd, 2012 Feb 22, 2012 8:40:12 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Default Re: Anyone interested in a bagged bulk ink system for 4800 based machines

Good idea! All end user should do DIY.
Deggas is near to BS. Just refill and it will work. All marketing of dishonest scare tatic approach which is never my style of run business.
Lots of luck and if you need help just post here.
Then, why my ink is degased? My refill machine is made that way with it.
Many TSF people was Brain washed by dishonest ink sellers. We tried without this bs and it works every time. Take air out and put ink in and air out one more time from the bag. ANY Dtg PRINTER. Am I crazy? No I am honest to myself. I do not sell air to scare the people. Dishonest people get confused themselves, later on after many lies and they see illusion to believe they are tell the truth too. If someone steal someone failed product and sell it for lower price that is 100% profit right? Unbelievable.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by allamerican; February 22nd, 2012 at 09:38 PM..

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 10:27:54 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Anyone interested in a bagged bulk ink system for 4800 based machines

Peter, I understand your opinion differs on this than ours, but we have a steady stream of customers who use the bagged and degassed inks we offer that will say differently. We have customers with various machines and they attest to it. We didn't even set out to give our ink system to any other end user, but it was requested of us close to 3 years ago. I just had a call yesterday from someone who stated after a month, they couldn't believe the difference. Kevin got a call a couple days ago where they said they started out the day and was always worried about trying to get their printer started, but after the bagged and degassed inks, they start up right away with no issues.

We aren't doing this to fool anyone, we are doing this because it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
kevrokr (February 23rd, 2012)

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 10:39:20 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have to agree with Jerid. The logic is sound with regard to the chemistry of it all. Oxygen is the enemy and degassing pulls out all the microscopic oxygen.

The system I am working on is something that would utilize bagged ink from really any supplier. As a member of the few skilled DTGers who can repair almost anything in a 4800 base it just makes sense to me. I have been through the ringer and one by one as I eliminate various issues with DTG printing it works better and better. bagged ink included.

Also this is NOT the forum thread to debate the merits of bagged ink. There are many other threads for that. This is to discuss the feasibility of a additional cleaning system for 4800 based DTG machines.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonWye For This Useful Post:
JeridHill (February 23rd, 2012), kevrokr (February 23rd, 2012), Rodney (February 24th, 2012)
Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 11:10:08 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Bagged yes
I will lose business because end user can doit themselves. But it is true. Earth is round no matter how many people says it is flat.

Last edited by Rodney; February 24th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: please do not comment about other company's products

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 11:14:32 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWye
Has anyone attempted to create their own system?
Jon,

The whole concept is something that we dabbled with for our Flexi-Jet series, the first modular and 4800 based direct-to-garment printer, after we developed the degassed bagged ink system for our Mod Series.

You could go the route of having the bags external and leaving cartridges with automatic resetting chips (arc) in the machine. Or half cartridges like the DTG Viper offers.

We just found that the conversion may have been a little too much for the end-user since all of the tubing would be taken out and we still were not bypassing the ink chips.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 11:50:25 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I am glad you guys are not saying degassing anymore. Thank you.

Cheers! Beers are on me always.

Last edited by Rodney; February 24th, 2012 at 08:33 AM..

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 12:02:26 PM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

We still degas and will continue to do so. We are less than half the cost of the most expensive ink on the market, so there is no ripping anyone off even considering the additional time needed in the degassing process. Please refrain from defacing us as a company and our users. We have never scared anyone into buying our ink. If you point me to somewhere on the forums where we have done that, we will correct it because that is not and has never been our intent.

Last edited by JeridHill; February 23rd, 2012 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: For Clarification

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 2:02:15 PM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I put my honor on the line. I have no choice but degas because my refill machine does automatically.

Last edited by Rodney; February 24th, 2012 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: please speak only for yourself

Old February 23rd, 2012 Feb 23, 2012 2:07:44 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
I put my honor on the line..
Peter, as someone that has ordered from you before you are being obnoxious. Please stop posting here about your opinions about bagged ink. I am attempting to garner interest and collaboration for a cleaning system/ bulk ink system for epson 4800 based machines. if you have something to say about that and some ideas you want to share please do, but stop ranting about your ink opinions. Start your own thread and stop hijacking this one as you did from when I started it.

Last edited by Rodney; February 24th, 2012 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: cleanup

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWye For This Useful Post:
Rodney (February 24th, 2012)

This is a discussion about Anyone interested in a bagged bulk ink system for 4800 based machines that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in