[DTG Pretreatment] New standup Pretreater: SpeedyJet - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

[DTG Pretreatment] New standup Pretreater: SpeedyJet

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 5th, 2011 Apr 5, 2011 5:52:48 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Thomas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New standup Pretreater: SpeedyJet

Came across this upright pre-treater at SSI Orlando: SpeedyJet by CadCamTechnology sold here in Orlando by Axiom America. Here's a youtube video:
Anyone heard of this machine? From the video, what you think about it's function? I like the small footprint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2011 Apr 5, 2011 7:39:21 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: New standup Pretreater: SpeedyJet

Tom,

Here is what I know based on what I have seen at two of the past shows and from talking to Brian at Axiom:
1. The vertical process allows the footprint to be much smaller than any other pretreat machine I have seen. However, you will need to space to load/unload the garment as it sticks out the front of it.
2. It uses a similar process as an embroidery hooping board or even the Little Sister System to load the garment on the platen (i.e. hanger like top).
3. It has one sprayer that sprays in one vertical motion. Not sure if it sprays going up or going down.
4. The way you control where the spray goes is to slide in plastic cut-outs of standard designs (i.e. rectangle, circle, square, left chest) that come with the pretreater or you can create your own. It is just a simple piece of plastic cut-out - which can be done very cheaply.
5. There is a drain in the back bottom of the pretreater that drains the over-spray back into the container of pretreat fluid. I think it was mentioned that there is some type of filtration system in it, but I have no clue how that works.
6. I was told that they are going to have other type of platen jigs to hold non-shirt items (i.e. pants, long sleeves,...).
7. When you raise the shirt up to close it, there is a magnet that holds it tight during the spraying process. Once the process is complete, the magnet releases and the shirt falls down to prevent dripping.
8. They manufactured the pretreater so that any of the excess dripping will drip back inside the pretreater by angling the front of it slightly.

Hope this helps.

Mark

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
apipromo (April 5th, 2011), Florimonte (April 5th, 2011)
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 12:44:07 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Does anyone one own of these machines?

Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 12:46:29 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I don't think any of them have been sold and installed in the U.S. at this point. The one that was shown at ISS Orlando and ISS Atlantic City Shows was the first one in the United States. No clue if it is going to be displayed in the booth at the ISS Columbus Show. If there are any installed, they must have been done recently in the past month or so. But the best way to find out is to call Axiom and see what they have to say.

Mark

Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 5:40:54 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Tommy over at Axiom said they should have one in house shortly and would call us for a demo. Well let everybody know that happens.
Are there any other pre-treatment machine that are in the stand up style out there?

Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 7:14:20 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Not that I am familiar with. This concept is pretty unique - which if it is found to work, means it is a matter of time before there is someone else that is going to copy it. Just part of this industry.

Mark

Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 7:56:58 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Interesting.. There should be no dripping of anything though, dripping means too much pretreatment. That has to be the loudest DTG printer I've ever heard lol..

Old April 7th, 2011 Apr 7, 2011 3:39:27 AM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Chobay,

The dripping is from the overspray because the nozzle will fire from the beginning to the end. How you control where the pretreat goes on to the garment are the cut-outs (which are hard to see in the video). So let's say that you have a shirt that you only want to pretreat 6" high and 14" wide. You would slide in a cut-out (large piece of plastic that has a square hole in it to match your desired area) that is used to block the pretreat from being sprayed on the garment. The pretreat that is blocked hits the cut-out and then drains back into the pretreater. This is where the overspray / dripping comes from. But since the garment drops down immediately after spraying and the front is slightly angled back, none of the excess pretreat fluid escapes the pretreater.

As for how loud it is, that is a result of the video. From what I saw in person, it is pretty quite or at least as quite as the majority of the other pretreaters I have seen.

Mark

P.S. I am trying to create a single thread for different ways for pretreating. If anyone would like to contribute, here is the thread - https://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-pre...t/t148669.html. Thanks.

This is a discussion about New standup Pretreater: SpeedyJet that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in