[Inks for DTG Printing] Finding a machine to LEASE - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

[Inks for DTG Printing] Finding a machine to LEASE

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2011 Mar 5, 2011 7:10:52 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Kacie
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Finding a machine to LEASE

Hey, I'm looking for any kind of DTG printer machine that can be leased out for less than $200 month, can print cmyk AND white, must be able to print some other blends of shirts besides just 100% cotton and has to have a printable area of 12x16" or LARGER.

PM me if you can help! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2011 Mar 5, 2011 7:23:12 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

Default Re: Finding a machine to LEASE

Huuumm...tell me what you are smoking...I want to get some... Seriously I don't think you can find ANY DTG to lease for $200 a month.. at that rate it would take 7 years for the owner to recover his investment and that would not include interest..Most DTG will start around 16-17K...only one that I know that is cheaper is the Smart Printer from Digital Art Solution at about 13.9K and it will not print white..Your best bet might be to look for a used,,, but functioning DTG and get a loan to buy...you could probably find something along that line. I know that American Screen Supply - Best Prices on Inkjet Film and DTG Products! is selling a refurb T-Jet2 with a one year warranty for $5995 plus shipping.. The T-Jet is out of production but there are parts still available...and probably will be for the next couple years...I know that Direct-to-Garment Printers, Ink, Parts & Support | Equipment Zone | DTG, Screen Printing Equipment, Heat Presses also sells refurb T-Jets I was talking to the folks at Americanscreensupply recently and they knew of a MOD 1 that was for sale for a bit more $.

Old March 5th, 2011 Mar 5, 2011 7:58:27 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles95405
Huuumm...tell me what you are smoking...I want to get some... Seriously I don't think you can find ANY DTG to lease for $200 a month.. at that rate it would take 7 years for the owner to recover his investment and that would not include interest..Most DTG will start around 16-17K...only one that I know that is cheaper is the Smart Printer from Digital Art Solution at about 13.9K and it will not print white..Your best bet might be to look for a used,,, but functioning DTG and get a loan to buy...you could probably find something along that line. I know that American Screen Supply - Best Prices on Inkjet Film and DTG Products! is selling a refurb T-Jet2 with a one year warranty for $5995 plus shipping.. The T-Jet is out of production but there are parts still available...and probably will be for the next couple years...I know that Direct-to-Garment Printers, Ink, Parts & Support | Equipment Zone | DTG, Screen Printing Equipment, Heat Presses also sells refurb T-Jets I was talking to the folks at Americanscreensupply recently and they knew of a MOD 1 that was for sale for a bit more $.
You're only furthering the point I want to make. It's really not possible. Thanks!

Old March 6th, 2011 Mar 6, 2011 11:35:16 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc6789
Hey, I'm looking for any kind of DTG printer machine that can be leased out for less than $200 month, can print cmyk AND white, must be able to print some other blends of shirts besides just 100% cotton and has to have a printable area of 12x16" or LARGER.

PM me if you can help! Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you've asked this question several different ways but it's been answered that current white ink cannot print on Poly Blends.

The only other printer that doesn't use water-based pigment inks is the Mimaki discharge printer.

Old March 6th, 2011 Mar 6, 2011 2:41:10 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTomahawk
I'm pretty sure you've asked this question several different ways but it's been answered that current white ink cannot print on Poly Blends.

The only other printer that doesn't use water-based pigment inks is the Mimaki discharge printer.
No. I haven't asked about finding a printer to lease.

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 5:03:04 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Anything is possible, a $200 per month lease payment is possible, the down payment may be higher than you would like, however.

A reality check on this type of pricing for direct to garment printers - when they become this inexpensive - a lot of endusers and non-traditional apparel decorators will implement them. We already see home users buying $8-10K "home" embroidery machines - a similar pricepoint would likely do the same for direct to garment.

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 5:18:05 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: D.P.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm confused, what was the point of the post if you know it isn't possible ?

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 5:24:18 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
only one that I know that is cheaper is the Smart Printer from Digital Art Solution at about 13.9K and it will not print white
Come by our booth in Atlantic City and I think you will be surprised to find that this is not a correct statement. But the reality of the $200 per month lease would require a sales price of about $6000 or so with 20% down and good credit given today's lending rates for new businesses - top that off with the fact that most lenders don't want to write leases for under $10,000.

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 6:09:07 AM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Just to add what Don said, I think you may find it challenging to find a leasing company that will write a lease on used dtg equipment (which might fall in the range that you are looking for) in the current economy. Many of these leasing companies are trying to sell repo dtg printers that they currently have in stock and don't want to lease them either. The one dtg manufacturer that is offering a 2-year zero percent financing lease has a payment around $700.00 a month. Sounds like you might want to outsource the production till you can get more sales to justify a higher lease payment.

Good luck with your research.

Mark

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 9:15:32 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Thread title:

Finding a machine to LEASE

Quote:
Hey, I'm looking for any kind of DTG printer machine that can be leased out for less than $200 month .........

Quote:
No. I haven't asked about finding a printer to lease.

Now I'm confused
Jag1970 likes this.

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 9:32:49 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I confused her by quoting her entire post instead of the part where she was asking about printing on different materials other than 100% cotton.

She's asked that question multiple times in different ways, her response to me was that she didn't ask about leasing before.

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 11:17:51 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

kc,
Odd questions and off the topic but
1. How much money you think you will/can generate revnue by monthly or quarterly when you have DTG?
2. Do you have a market establish? or new to create?
3. Did you ever involve in shirts business?
4. Do you have clear business plan? Include finance? 5W. who what when where and how. sometime it is wise to discuss with pros.

Getting machine is easiest part of this business but it is first step. If first step is wrong whole dancing will be messed up. Hardest part is generate money. I hope you will be very successful in business. Best luck to you.
I met so many people who cannot sell their product. Please think this as most important area. We (sellers) create DTG competitors everyday for selling units after units. Today only we (all sellers) made easy 100 plus minus your competitors. You have to survive in this race with good plan.
"World is big, market is everywhere, there are so many things to do if we think". CEO Samsung.

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 12:43:31 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTomahawk
I confused her by quoting her entire post instead of the part where she was asking about printing on different materials other than 100% cotton.

She's asked that question multiple times in different ways, her response to me was that she didn't ask about leasing before.
This thread is about finding machine to lease. U were somehow confused and said I have posted something like this before, but that was about printing on different material, which I HAVE posted about a few times. But this time, asking about machines to lease, this is the first time I've posted about it.

And I was asked by our investor to ask u guys about leasing. I said it wasn't possible but she wanted me to ask anyway.

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 1:05:46 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

DON.. I posted that the cheapest DTG printer was the 13.5K smart printer from DAS and that they don't sell as a white printer...you stated that was incorrect. Please let me know what incorrect...? I can always use enlightment

Old March 7th, 2011 Mar 7, 2011 1:08:37 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
U were somehow confused and said I have posted something like this before, but that was about printing on different material, which I HAVE posted about a few times.
Yes, a mistake on my part for quoting your entire post when I was responding to only part of it.
It was answered that it's not the machine that can print on different materials, it's the inkset (with the exception of the Mimaki). I figured that you were asking that question yet again, that's all. My appologies.

Last edited by TahoeTomahawk; March 7th, 2011 at 01:26 PM..

This is a discussion about Finding a machine to LEASE that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in