[Inks for DTG Printing] Bagged Ink: What's better? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing

DTG Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.

[Inks for DTG Printing] Bagged Ink: What's better?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 11th, 2011 Jan 11, 2011 6:28:49 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Thomas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Bagged Ink: What's better?

Hi!
My question isn't who has the better bagged ink (Equipment Zone vs Belquette) but rather which method, with the white ink, to use. I'm running a T-2 with the EQ bulk ink system, just emptied my last bottle of white ink and need to order more today. I want to switch the white ink over to bagged so the question is: One big bag split into three supply lines -OR- Three bags like it's set up now? Any advantages going either way? Anything else to say about the subject?

By the way, anyone able to get prices at EZ on their bagged inks. I've PM with no response?

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Thomas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2011 Jan 11, 2011 7:23:36 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Bagged Ink: What's better?

My personal opinion is that 1 bag is better.
Also, having used Belquettes bags since 2009 we've also found that a smaller bag of white is also better. The larger bags 1 liter or more made it so you didn't have to change them out as often, but it would cause a pressure differential with the colored bags, so you would have to raise / lower the bag height relative to your printer. Also, you may have to adjust the colored bags a bit higher than the white bag.

Using a standard 500ml single white bag or the smaller 250ml white bag makes it so you can leave the all the bags at the same height.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TahoeTomahawk For This Useful Post:
Florimonte (January 12th, 2011), german13 (January 11th, 2011), Justin Walker (January 14th, 2011), trytobecool (January 26th, 2011)
Old January 11th, 2011 Jan 11, 2011 7:24:07 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 1,037 Times in 869 Posts

Thomas- we are in Tampa, Belquette is in St Pete your best bet is Belquette we have two bagged K2's if you wanna come to Tampa check it out.. we are here..

One day delivery.. filters and degassed the same day your order.. one bag instead of 3.

My personal choice

Last edited by Rodney; January 12th, 2011 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: please no email requests

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatKat Printz For This Useful Post:
german13 (January 11th, 2011), Justin Walker (January 14th, 2011)

Old January 11th, 2011 Jan 11, 2011 11:31:48 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Thomas,

I have tested both, EZ first, then Belquette, then EZ again, currently I have the 3 ink lines being fed off of one EZ bag (250ml) which is half the size as the 500ml Belquette bag.

I have to agree with Adam, one bag feeding all three channels has worked for me, I have had 3 EZ bags (one feeding each channel) then switched to the Belquette (1 500ml feeding all 3 channels), and now one EZ bag feeding all 3 channels, they all work but for the sake of space, and even head pressure I like one bag feeding all three channels.

JMHO

Hope this helps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IYFGraphics For This Useful Post:
Florimonte (January 12th, 2011), german13 (January 11th, 2011), Justin Walker (January 14th, 2011)
Old January 11th, 2011 Jan 11, 2011 12:25:45 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Also, 'better' really depends on your preference.
Would you rather adjust your ink height more often, or just the bag out more often.

For me, if you're out of height then you get starvation and dripping which is an actual problem, vs the annoyance of changing out a smaller sized back.

With the 500ml bag, we seem to change it every 2 days or so, it's not a big deal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TahoeTomahawk For This Useful Post:
FatKat Printz (January 11th, 2011), Florimonte (January 12th, 2011)
Old January 11th, 2011 Jan 11, 2011 8:09:21 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

We used EZ Bulk Ink system on 2 of our Kiosks and found that for whatever reasons, the white ink channels is used differently between Gray, Light Cyan (LC) and Light Magenta (LM). After printing for awhile you will notice the bottles have different amounts of white ink in them, this did cause an imbalance for us and required us to constantly add more to even them out.

Perhaps its our location or elevation, but in our opinion separate is not better.

Back to the original question, now white ink in larger bags will have different pressures even if the bag is at the same height as the other bags. You can even see this with near empty bags, sometimes they need to be raised a bit higher than the rest ..

Changing bags is an annoyance but no actual problems such as starvation or dripping like we saw using your EZ Bulk ink system with separated bottles.

Last edited by Rodney; January 12th, 2011 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: cleanup

The Following User Says Thank You to TahoeTomahawk For This Useful Post:
Florimonte (January 12th, 2011)
Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 7:25:04 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Thread note: some posts were removed from this thread. Let's let the actual machine owners and customers share their personal experiences instead of having this be another vendor vs vendor debate thread

Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 7:27:31 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
By the way, anyone able to get prices at EZ on their bagged inks. I've PM with no response?
Generally speaking, PM might not be the best way to get a hold of companies for pricing. They may not have a chance to connect to the forum, whereas a call during business ours (or an email directly to them from their site) has a much better chance of getting a fast response.

Back onto the topic, hopefully other DTG machine owners that use either system will be able to share their experiences with you here.

Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 8:21:28 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Thomas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for the great info and advice. I decided to jump in with both feet. Ordered a couple of 500ML bags (white) from Belquette after talking to Kevin. He also gave me some great info- Thanks!

Wondering if anyone would post some pic of their bagged setups??? The visuals would most helpfull. Keep me from making to many mistakes getting this system up and running. Again, I'm running a T2 with the EZ Bulk Ink Pro. I'm keeping the CMYK bottles as is, and replacing the white bottle with the bags. Thanks.

Also, I wanted to say that with this posts title "Bagged Ink: What's better?" may have been poor wording on my part. As I said in the post itself, I wasn't comparing the products from different company's, but what SETUP was better to use. Sorry about that.

Thomas @ Ka-Blam
Bagged Ink: What's better?"

Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 9:06:11 AM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florimonte
Thanks everyone for the great info and advice. I decided to jump in with both feet. Ordered a couple of 500ML bags (white) from Belquette after talking to Kevin. He also gave me some great info- Thanks!

Wondering if anyone would post some pic of their bagged setups??? The visuals would most helpfull. Keep me from making to many mistakes getting this system up and running. Again, I'm running a T2 with the EZ Bulk Ink Pro. I'm keeping the CMYK bottles as is, and replacing the white bottle with the bags. Thanks.

Also, I wanted to say that with this posts title "Bagged Ink: What's better?" may have been poor wording on my part. As I said in the post itself, I wasn't comparing the products from different company's, but what SETUP was better to use. Sorry about that.

Thomas @ Ka-Blam

Please remember these do not hang up they lay flat.. they need "one" good shake before your first run.. I mean "shake it like a Polaroid picture" you will love it..

Remember, we are in Tampa PM if you need anything..

Last edited by FatKat Printz; June 18th, 2011 at 10:34 PM..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatKat Printz For This Useful Post:
aju_jp (January 12th, 2011), Florimonte (January 12th, 2011), german13 (January 12th, 2011), Justin Walker (January 14th, 2011)
Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 9:16:29 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:

Thomas @ Ka-Blam
Congrats Thomas, I was in the same position you were back in 09', switched from the EZ Bulk to the Belquette Bags.

It's very simple to get the connectors working if you already have the EZ bulk system, let me know if you need any pointers before installing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TahoeTomahawk For This Useful Post:
FatKat Printz (January 12th, 2011), Florimonte (January 12th, 2011), kevrokr (January 12th, 2011)
Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 10:55:42 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
PM if you need anything..
Or post in the forums so everyone can share experiences and benefit from the answers posted

Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 11:36:50 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jeff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts

Some questions for Mark /(Belquette)..

Mark do you have any literature for converting to your bag system? can you run the color inks without the bag,and just run the white in a bag? or would you suggest all bags? how does the ink reset work for the 1900 is it a chip block with dampers and what holds the dampers in place in the stock carriage.. Im revamping my printer so this would be helpful for what i/diy community needs to construct to make the adaptation to your bag system.. I like the single feed white line from the bag (another testament of belquettes superior engineering).. the only thing holding us back is the white ink clogging issues, refill carts simply will not work long term printing white without issue.. (3 printheads to prove it).. no one wants to fool with the ink delivery system.we just want to print.. I ran upon this article and i think it says it all in a nutshell
I have converted my printer to an all steel tube frame.. so i would like to implement any bracketry needed to the design from the start for the inkfeed lines.. I can pm you with my email/address if you have literature on the subject.. there are many diy 1900 already running looking to convert to a bag..

additionally some people use non dupont ink/ is this an option you would consider degassing/filling ink with different brand ink? or suppling/selling the empty bag system for these users to fill there own with there preferred brand ink? t-print and resolute have shown excellent results without a bag however there evaporation rate is much greater than dupont by the diy community testing.. so a bag would be beneficial to these users aswell!

Just noticed on your site you have "damper cassettes" for the printsrite do these include ink reset chips as the carts do (dual button reset)? or can they be implemented?
thanks in advance
jeff

Last edited by german13; January 12th, 2011 at 02:44 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to 102557 For This Useful Post:
bjdbjd (January 25th, 2011)
Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 12:04:43 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
Or post in the forums so everyone can share experiences and benefit from the answers posted
I meant my address and where we are located..

you know all those crazies out there!!!

Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 4:33:12 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Here you go Thomas......note that I'm still using yellow bottled ink with all the rest being bags.

Hope this helps.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IYFGraphics For This Useful Post:
Florimonte (January 12th, 2011), german13 (January 12th, 2011), Justin Walker (January 14th, 2011), mrdavid (January 13th, 2011), TahoeTomahawk (January 12th, 2011)

This is a discussion about Bagged Ink: What's better? that was posted in the Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in