[ONTARIO - CANADA] - (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press? - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums
 

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?





Site Navigation







+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Canada
T-Shirt information for Canada



[ONTARIO - CANADA] - (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Like Tree1Likes

 
Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 28, 2020 8:58:34 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


into the T's Avatar
 
You can call me: Edward
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,669
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 222
Thanked 462 Times in 437 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthotep
I came across this:

T-shirt Heat Press Montreal | Sublimation & Iron On Heat Press | Printing Supplies Montreal

Any thought?

the 15x15 is a pretty generic chinese, cheaper elsewhere

the 15x18 is interesting, but that price is pushing it (here is a geo knight for $800 obo)
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 29, 2020 5:12:23 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

anthotep's Avatar
 
You can call me: Antho
Member Since: Jul 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
the 15x15 is a pretty generic chinese, cheaper elsewhere

the 15x18 is interesting, but that price is pushing it (here is a geo knight for $800 obo)
Thank you, much appreciated!

Well, i made some research and find this website:

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca

They have 2 types of press:
https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca...hine-flex-heat

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca...-hotronix-maxx

I was thinking that if I have to invest, well then I should just do it.

One is at 605$ and the other, an Hotronix at 1350$. I am revising my budget (even though its a pain!) but maybe you would have any opinion on those 2?
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 29, 2020 7:02:18 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


into the T's Avatar
 
You can call me: Edward
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,669
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 222
Thanked 462 Times in 437 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthotep
Thank you, much appreciated!

Well, i made some research and find this website:

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca

They have 2 types of press:
https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca...hine-flex-heat

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca...-hotronix-maxx

I was thinking that if I have to invest, well then I should just do it.

One is at 605$ and the other, an Hotronix at 1350$. I am revising my budget (even though its a pain!) but maybe you would have any opinion on those 2?
neil at flex heat is a great guy (i used him for vinyl for years, he carries a very good south korean htv)

the one for $605 is the same as siser/zuma, which sells for $650-$700cdn at other places

the hottronix is ok
but for that kind of money, i would be all over the used geo knight
(even the siser at $605, i would offer $650 on the geo knight and see what happens)
 
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 29, 2020 7:36:56 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan
Thread Starter

SilverRowan's Avatar
 
You can call me: Rowan
Member Since: Jun 2020
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

oh is it ever. I've reached out as well, because I could use an upgrade, we shall see what happens XD
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 29, 2020 8:13:11 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

anthotep's Avatar
 
You can call me: Antho
Member Since: Jul 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
neil at flex heat is a great guy (i used him for vinyl for years, he carries a very good south korean htv)

the one for $605 is the same as siser/zuma, which sells for $650-$700cdn at other places

the hottronix is ok
but for that kind of money, i would be all over the used geo knight
(even the siser at $605, i would offer $650 on the geo knight and see what happens)
Ah nice I talked to Neil, very nice guy!

Thats I what noticed with the one he has and the siser, it looked pretty much the same!

Im very interested in the Geo but I live in Quebec so shippng there might be an issue (price wise), anyways, I could check with the seller.

One last question, actually two (!), what do you think about the GCC LX plotter (and contour) and you said you were buying Neil's HTV but not anymore...?

Thank you again for your feedback, I have been scratching my head
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 30, 2020 8:22:43 PM -   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


into the T's Avatar
 
You can call me: Edward
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,669
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 222
Thanked 462 Times in 437 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthotep
Ah nice I talked to Neil, very nice guy!

Thats I what noticed with the one he has and the siser, it looked pretty much the same!

Im very interested in the Geo but I live in Quebec so shippng there might be an issue (price wise), anyways, I could check with the seller.

One last question, actually two (!), what do you think about the GCC LX plotter (and contour) and you said you were buying Neil's HTV but not anymore...?

Thank you again for your feedback, I have been scratching my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthotep
Ah nice I talked to Neil, very nice guy!

Thats I what noticed with the one he has and the siser, it looked pretty much the same!

Im very interested in the Geo but I live in Quebec so shippng there might be an issue (price wise), anyways, I could check with the seller.

One last question, actually two (!), what do you think about the GCC LX plotter (and contour) and you said you were buying Neil's HTV but not anymore...?

Thank you again for your feedback, I have been scratching my head
ah! i thought you were in t.o.
the only place i have dealt with in quebec was signmax originally for their siser easyweed htv when i first started

gcc are pretty decent cutters, i would recommend getting sure cuts alot (scal)

we switched to joto premium htv (it is thermoflex plus) and the soft hand technique here
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago Jul 31, 2020 6:35:28 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

anthotep's Avatar
 
You can call me: Antho
Member Since: Jul 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
ah! i thought you were in t.o.
the only place i have dealt with in quebec was signmax originally for their siser easyweed htv when i first started

gcc are pretty decent cutters, i would recommend getting sure cuts alot (scal)

we switched to joto premium htv (it is thermoflex plus) and the soft hand technique here
Noted, I will definitely take a look at it once I receive my equipment!
 
Old 1 Week Ago Aug 3, 2020 10:39:23 AM -   #23 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

anthotep's Avatar
 
You can call me: Antho
Member Since: Jul 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
ah! i thought you were in t.o.
the only place i have dealt with in quebec was signmax originally for their siser easyweed htv when i first started

gcc are pretty decent cutters, i would recommend getting sure cuts alot (scal)

we switched to joto premium htv (it is thermoflex plus) and the soft hand technique here
What do you think about cutter like the Cameo, scan and cut from Brother...vs a more heavy machine like the GCC
 
Old 1 Week Ago Aug 3, 2020 7:40:53 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


into the T's Avatar
 
You can call me: Edward
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,669
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 222
Thanked 462 Times in 437 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthotep
What do you think about cutter like the Cameo, scan and cut from Brother...vs a more heavy machine like the GCC
the new cameo 4's come in 15", with a roll feeder built-in, and are pretty fast
i still just use a cameo 2 (but these are my own designs customized for cutting/weeding)
i picked it up at michael's

the cutting program for the cameo is really quite good (esp. for text),
get the designer edition from here
(unless you can find it somewhere cheaper in canada, void ebay for this)

Last edited by into the T; 1 Week Ago at 09:54 PM..
 
Old 1 Week Ago Aug 4, 2020 12:42:09 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

anthotep's Avatar
 
You can call me: Antho
Member Since: Jul 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


Default Re: (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by into the T
the new cameo 4's come in 15", with a roll feeder built-in, and are pretty fast
i still just use a cameo 2 (but these are my own designs customized for cutting/weeding)
i picked it up at michael's

the cutting program for the cameo is really quite good (esp. for text),
get the designer edition from here
(unless you can find it somewhere cheaper in canada, void ebay for this)
Ah ok thank you for your feedback!
 






This is a discussion about (Toronto) Where to get a decent starter heat press? that was posted in the Canada section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.


Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)
.

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.