Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > CafePress
Discuss the CafePress service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" CafePress sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future CafePress members. Visit CafePress.

[CAFEPRESS] 4/22: Announcing Marketplace Changes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 1st, 2009 Jul 1, 2009 4:14:16 AM -   #61 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 4/22: Announcing Marketplace Changes

I have an update to my recent post. I have just been offered a licensing deal where the company will take my camera-ready art, post it on their many webstores for a POD model along with selling wholesale. They are going to pay me 20% of the retail price on webstores and 20% on wholesale. All this without doing anything but providing original art. CP is not providing a fair rate structure. At a minimum, they should be offering Shopkeepers a 25% royalty on the Marketplace sales.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2009 Jul 16, 2009 4:20:17 PM -   #62 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Clayton

I'm glad that I found out about this change before registering for a premium site. I had been planning on starting to create t-shirts through CafePress, even opened up a basic shop but didn't put anything on it. I've just been testing the waters with other PODs to see what's out there.

Old August 14th, 2009 Aug 14, 2009 2:52:47 PM -   #63 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Tink

Our designs, our work, and we pay and we get it right up the ole Kazzoo. I did not make enough this month to pay for 2 shops. And now they are threatening to close me down if I do not pay ASAP.

We should all ban together and promote each other. And also there is no way to know if someone does go through our shop if we get the correct markup. I have not had one shop sale in 2 months and that is strange as 30% of my sales were from my shop. But Cafepress has blocked any way for someone to find us now and that probably is part of it.

They did it all so it looks as if we have nothing to do with each other. Same company same designs different prices. Sounds fishy to me.

How can we get our due?

Old September 1st, 2009 Sep 1, 2009 1:31:23 PM -   #64 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Val

Any opinions on the comparing the print quality of Zazzle vs. Printfection vs. DecoNetwork? I tried Zazzle once, but the dye sublimation printing came out fuzzy.
Thanks,
Val

Old June 17th, 2011 Jun 17, 2011 11:52:26 AM -   #65 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I also went from about $6 per t-shirt on average to about $1 when this change went into effect, that's a massive drop in earnings especially when you consider most people buy more than one item per order. The new payment level is a joke and an insult to designers, other online t-shirt retailers are paying more than that for affiliates just to link to their products.

Used to get a lot of sales from the marketplace (more marketplace sales than website driven sales) before it became saturated with too many designs.

Will be trying Zazzle whenever I get the time to add all the top designs to their website, I've never tried them before and they seem to be the most popular alternative.

I think it's worth people keeping their old cafepress listings just for possibility of continued sales and publicity for your designs and your own site (if you have one).

Old September 21st, 2011 Sep 21, 2011 12:54:33 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Has the situation gotten any better over at cafe press ? I was thinking of opening a shop there .

Old January 10th, 2012 Jan 10, 2012 10:00:33 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: TM

well, the structure has changed completely, for a premium shop if you make under a certain thresh hold they take a % of sales instead of the monthly/quarterly/annual fee. So that is a good thing. The marketplace $ per sale is still pitiful... $1 to $4 per large item. I make .40 per sticker sale. I've removed all but a very few items from the marketplace and now I am contemplating putting them all back in because I no longer rely on this medium for my income. I make apparel myself now. I keep CP up because I have many hundreds of designs there. Good luck, I say do some research and try it out...

This is a discussion about 4/22: Announcing Marketplace Changes that was posted in the CafePress section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in