Looking for a online design software that links with Cafe Press - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > CafePress
Discuss the CafePress service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" CafePress sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future CafePress members. Visit CafePress.

Looking for a online design software that links with Cafe Press

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2007 Nov 28, 2007 2:21:40 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for a online design software that links with Cafe Press

For the Cafepress users, has anyone developed/found/used a third party software that allows our customers to develop a simple design online, and then have that design migrate immediately into a cafepress store for instant purchase?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2007 Nov 28, 2007 4:19:31 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Default Re: Looking for a online design software that links with Cafe Press

You can try their beta designer. It does what you need.

ClickShirt: Wear Your Imagination

Old November 28th, 2007 Nov 28, 2007 6:49:17 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you for the link. It looks very interesting, but I did not find a way on the CafePress site to integrate this into my own store. Am I missing something?

Old November 29th, 2007 Nov 29, 2007 11:40:41 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian
Thank you for the link. It looks very interesting, but I did not find a way on the CafePress site to integrate this into my own store. Am I missing something?
You can't integrate the clickshirt into your store.

I don't think there is such a tool (other than the CafePress design and buy tool that is for their own service).

Spreadshirt has a tool like that though that can be integrated into their stores.

Old November 30th, 2007 Nov 30, 2007 1:08:34 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

See CafePress Developers Network

All tools are developed around CafePress' Content APIs.

Old November 30th, 2007 Nov 30, 2007 7:00:14 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you everyone for your comments. I appreciate the help. Looks like I will need to start moving over to Spreadshirt.

Old September 25th, 2008 Sep 25, 2008 7:55:33 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian
For the Cafepress users, has anyone developed/found/used a third party software that allows our customers to develop a simple design online, and then have that design migrate immediately into a cafepress store for instant purchase?
may I know more about your request?

Why a link in your site links to Cafepress.com is NOT good enough?

Old September 29th, 2008 Sep 29, 2008 10:51:43 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Sorry if this sounds like a rant but the last thing cafepress and it's competition needs is more quickly dashed off clip art designs and unfunny slogans flooding the marketplace.

This is just my opinion but if you have no passion for t-shirt design and just want to make a quick buck off the internet go try affiliate marketing or something.

If you do truly want to make t-shirts at least learn some program. It doesn't have to be photoshop, there are cheaper and free options out there. Photoshop elements and GIMP are 2 that come to mind. Even plain text tees look bad if you just do them online in some boring ugly font.

I see over and over again people flooding the market with really bad designs, using something called api. I am not really sure what this is, but these designs tend to flood the new arrivals section for a day or 2 before they are buried forever by designs that actually took some effort, and people would actually buy.

Old September 29th, 2008 Sep 29, 2008 11:20:10 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark

All the software is intending for is to allow customers to go to your site and design some thing themselves or to upload an image they have created and get it on a shirt. Shop owners can as well put there own art on there site and sale there t-shirt designs. I do not know were your rant came from I have looked at the previous post and have no clue as to your post. any way I guess this is just my interpretation of your post

Old September 30th, 2008 Sep 30, 2008 12:28:18 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Adam
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I would suggest you check out their API and develop the application yourself - or pay someone to develop it. I've been successful with what I've built but unfortunately for you, like many others, I won't be selling it to the competition.

I would definitely ignore tshirtfort's comment. Nobody mentioned anything about flooding the marketplace just simply allowing another way for people to buy t-shirts online. Designing t-shirts to sell is an entirely different market to one that allows a customer to design their own unique t-shirt online - something some people obviously do not get.

Old September 30th, 2008 Sep 30, 2008 1:37:20 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Nick

Since when does a linked company make money when someone uses cafe's software to create a design. Why would a company make any money off that kind of sale?

Old November 4th, 2008 Nov 4, 2008 1:08:22 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I don't why everyone was calling my post a rant. I guess I misunderstood what the first post was. I thought they were looking for that API thing that allows people to upload thousands of similar designs in five minutes to places like Cafepress and Zazzle.

I don't mean to come off as harsh but 95% of the time when people flood the marketplace with 2000+ images that read Jason's 1st Thanksgiving, Jayden's 1st Thanksgiving, Jacaranda's 1st Thanksgiving, they look like somebody slapped some microsoft word clip art on every product imaginable whether it fits or not.

In my opinion that's why places like Cafepress have an undeserved rep for having amateurish designs. Anyway this is just my opinion. If you were looking for a legit free design program like Gimp then I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.

Old November 5th, 2008 Nov 5, 2008 7:44:15 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t shirtfort
I don't why everyone was calling my post a rant.
Actually, you're the one that called it a rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by t shirtfort
Sorry if this sounds like a rant but the last thing cafepress and it's competition needs is more quickly dashed off clip art designs and unfunny slogans flooding the marketplace.

Old January 21st, 2009 Jan 21, 2009 10:25:11 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ashley

One of the nice parts about Zazzle is, you can set a design element as a template and have people customize with their own stuff; a good example would be a Valentine's card (or anti-Valentine's card) with the interior message being a custom template area.

Then, if people come to the (example) card and like the front but not the slogan inside (same applies to shirts), they could design a different version to suit themselves.

As for why (sorry, don't remember who asked this) any website owner would send traffic to CP or Zazzle, well, that's what the affiliate program is there for. Hopefully they will make a purchase while your "cookie" is on their computer and you will be credited for commission earned from each transaction during the cookie period.

Even better, they sign up for their own shop and sell designs, earning you a cut.

Old January 21st, 2009 Jan 21, 2009 10:45:20 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mark

You can now do the same with deconetwork. Make templates and have them on your site for the customer to add their own txt change colors in the design etc...

This is a discussion about Looking for a online design software that links with Cafe Press that was posted in the CafePress section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in