Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > T-Shirt Fulfillment Services > CafePress
Discuss the CafePress service and features. Please note: this is not an "official" CafePress sponsored forum, it is a peer to peer community for current and future CafePress members. Visit CafePress.

[CAFEPRESS] CafePress or an alternative service?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2013 Dec 13, 2013 4:56:23 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Claude
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default CafePress or an alternative service?

Hi, I want to create a new t-shirt selling business with a unique line of designs and slogans. I have very little startup capital, and very little experience. I've been looking at zazzle, cafepress, printmojo, and spreadshirt. I have a few questions:

First, which company do you think I should use for my business, based on my goals, their quality, and your experience with them?

Second, can you describe the difference between screen printing, digital printing, and plot printing (and which has the highest quality).

Here is some info on how I would like my products:

I want decent quality, not something that my customers will be disappointed in. I don't want the design to wash away, crumble, or feel rigid when they wear the shirt. I also would like to have a variety of different shirts and colors. Eventually I would prefer to expand to sweatshirts and hats, also decent quality. I'm looking in particular for trucker style hats that aren't cheap foam material.

In terms of inventory/storage, I would like to use a company that doesn't require me to buy all the shirts up front. (I think what I would prefer is called rolling printing, or something like that?) Also, I understand that these sites store your shirts at their warehouse. Are there any sites that create the shirts, send them to you, and then allow you to store the shirts (is this cheaper or more expensive to store it yourself and ship it yourself)? I also would like to make shirts or products with our logo embroidered over the breast (like polo and other companies do), is this possible with these sites? I'm also prepared to do all the marketing myself, and may be able to promote the site I'm using (be an associate) on social media in the near future.

Anything else I should know, or any other advice you have to offer?

Thank you, I appreciate your time and help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2014 Jul 16, 2014 10:58:56 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Default Re: CafePress or an alternative service?

If you do want to buy your own shirts in bulk at a discount, this company is offering discount bulk shirts, see if this helps and start out small: Fruit Of The Loom Unisex 3391 - Â*8 UNLIMITED Solar

Old July 16th, 2014 Jul 16, 2014 11:20:37 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

Claude,
Contact Peter Rinning at www.qrsts.com they have two different pieces of digital Direct to Garment Printers which would be the way to go.
As far as the "Blanks" go.
You can buy them directly at Alpha Broder www.alphabroder.com
Comfort Colors or Aurum Organics from www.dyehouse.com (speak to Lori Willette, she's a doll and VERY knowledgeable) or Spectra out in California (They make the shirts here in the USA if that's important to you)
All of them offer really high quality blanks.
If you go digital, you can Print On Demand on a discreet as need order basis. QRST's will hold your blanks for you and then print, however, that having been said, we tote around our choices for blanks (BTW all of our Blanks have Tear Away Tags so we can private label them. We take the customer orders, order the blanks, have them shipped to the vendor, they print and ship. Quick, easy, fun and your done. We make up "Look Books" here in house with our designs and go out and sell.
Feel free to call with questions
john e
(508) 740-0854

BTW- AlphaBroder even has a FREE design studio where you can design your shirts.

Old July 16th, 2014 Jul 16, 2014 11:26:37 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

Finally, you want to go Digital. Unlike Silk Screening which utilizes Plastisol based inks that sit on top of the fabric and will eventually crack and peel. Direct to Garment printing actually sprays (It's has inkjet printing heads) the ink INTO the fabric, in essence Dyeing it so it won't wash out and you won't be able to "feel" it either. The garment, if you use a really high quality 110% Cotton will just get softer with every washing and eventually will feel like "butta" as they say in Massachusetts
A really good quality blank cost about $5.00 each for a T but is well worth it!

Old September 8th, 2014 Sep 8, 2014 3:25:47 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

What brand of machine is good for DTG printing?

Old September 30th, 2015 Sep 30, 2015 9:59:04 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Randy

Hi everyone, I have been doing a ton of research and am using Teespring right now. It's not perfect, as I wish they had more of the "store" feel that you can get with CP. I am on CP but have not done any marketing to it yet.

Personally, I cannot see doing any meaningful volume at those prices. I just did a search for Vancouver thirts on the .ca and saw some pretty cool ones. I picked one and my price out the door was C$55.50. For a short sleeve tshirt?

I would kill for a guy working in his basement that would do DTG printing (I would provide the garments) for a reasonable wholesale price - that could print one at a time, stick it in an envelope (that I would also buy) and ship to BC and Alberta mostly. I'd pay him for his printing and time.

Old September 30th, 2015 Sep 30, 2015 5:54:04 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleisenberg
Finally, you want to go Digital. Unlike Silk Screening which utilizes Plastisol based inks that sit on top of the fabric and will eventually crack and peel. Direct to Garment printing actually sprays (It's has inkjet printing heads) the ink INTO the fabric, in essence Dyeing it so it won't wash out and you won't be able to "feel" it either. The garment, if you use a really high quality 110% Cotton will just get softer with every washing and eventually will feel like "butta" as they say in Massachusetts
A really good quality blank cost about $5.00 each for a T but is well worth it!
This is BOLLOCKS. DTG is definitely better than inkjet printed transfers, but from what I've read in most cases it doesn't hold up to washing as well as a screen printed shirt. The only time a screen printed shirt will crack is when it's under cured. And one more thing. How exactly is it possible to have a shirt be "110% cotton"?

This is a discussion about CafePress or an alternative service? that was posted in the CafePress section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in