Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Need to Register?

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

Cad-Cut Direct Help Forums

PLEASE NOTE: The CAD-CUT Direct Support Forums are hosted by T-ShirtForums.com.

In order to post a question here, you will need to fill out the quick T-ShirtForums.com Registration form here to get new login details that you'll use to access the forum.

This will be separate from any login information you have for Stahls'. After you login to T-ShirtForums.com, this notice will automagically disappear :)

+   T-Shirt Forums > Vendors > CAD-CUT Direct Help Forums > CAD-COLOR® Materials sold by CAD-CUT Direct
Discuss the CAD-COLOR® materials sold by CAD-CUT Direct

URGENT: Problems w/ Solutions Opaque on Tricot Mesh

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 2nd, 2011 Apr 2, 2011 11:03:59 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Exclamation URGENT: Problems w/ Solutions Opaque on Tricot Mesh

I need some suggestions for Jerseys I'm going that I CAN'T screw up... and also need to be done ASAP....

The Jerseys are 100% poly tricot mesh. They are reversible and light weight.

I'm applying a Stahls cad color solutions opaque logo
on the front.

I've had a lot of problems with this transfer. Either the mask sticks to the logo and causes it to rip or its so hard to pull the mask that the logo stretches out of proportion!

The Stahls instructions say to press at 305 degrees for 5 seconds.. peel WARM. Then seal for 5 seconds after that. My press is a Geo Knight jet press (manual).

I'm thinking my press tends to be hotter than what Stahls recommend. The reason is because I just finished applying thermo film numbers and pressed them at 300 degrees for 6 seconds instead of the instructions which are 330 degrees for 6 seconds.

I can't afford to mess anymore of these Jerseys up. Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help!!!???
Thank you so much!

Old April 2nd, 2011 Apr 2, 2011 2:55:04 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jean

Default Re: URGENT: Problems w/ Solutions Opaque on Tricot Mesh

Have you checked the press for temp setting vs actual press temp? Might be a place to start. If your press is not heating correctly, then that can cause all kinds of ills.

Old April 2nd, 2011 Apr 2, 2011 4:16:53 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Angry Re: URGENT: Problems w/ Solutions Opaque on Tricot Mesh

How do you do that????

At this point I'm just at my wits end with the solutions opaque. It doesn't matter what I try.... it just isn't working.

I will not be using it again!

In the meantime I have these jerseys to finish with no other choice. With the amount of issues (and I've spent hours reading other posts) they should just take it off the market..... that solutions mask anyways..... UGGGHH!!

Old April 2nd, 2011 Apr 2, 2011 4:41:05 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Can anyone give me suggestions??? I just need to get through this order....

Old April 2nd, 2011 Apr 2, 2011 4:52:24 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jean

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and find a heat temp gun. There are two different ones. I have heat test strips from Stahl's. How about pressure? Are you using the right pressure? Call Stah'ls again Mon morning. I can't offer advice on the shirts.

Old April 2nd, 2011 Apr 2, 2011 5:18:59 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I shut my press off and I'm not taking a chance to ruin another jersey. I have numbers (very easy to work with btw) on them already. For every jersey I ruin... its costing me more than just the jersey itself.. but the numbers and of course the logo!

Old April 4th, 2011 Apr 4, 2011 5:53:20 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by srhnglnn
I need some suggestions for Jerseys I'm going that I CAN'T screw up... and also need to be done ASAP....

The Jerseys are 100% poly tricot mesh. They are reversible and light weight.

I'm applying a Stahls cad color solutions opaque logo
on the front.

I've had a lot of problems with this transfer. Either the mask sticks to the logo and causes it to rip or its so hard to pull the mask that the logo stretches out of proportion!

The Stahls instructions say to press at 305 degrees for 5 seconds.. peel WARM. Then seal for 5 seconds after that. My press is a Geo Knight jet press (manual).

I'm thinking my press tends to be hotter than what Stahls recommend. The reason is because I just finished applying thermo film numbers and pressed them at 300 degrees for 6 seconds instead of the instructions which are 330 degrees for 6 seconds.

I can't afford to mess anymore of these Jerseys up. Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help!!!???
Thank you so much!
I would second the testing of the heat press as well. Also, even pressure is important as well. You can check your pressure by taking four squares (4 X 4) and placing them on each corner. Now lock your press down and see if you can wiggle any of those squares free. You should not be able to.

Make sure you are pre-heating even if it is just once for 10 seconds.

As far as the issues with releasing, I can help shed some light on this.

If it is pulling off the transfer when you peel, then it is being peel too fast.

If you are stretching your garment and transfer in effort to remove the mask, then it is being peeled too cool.

This is assuming that there are no issues with the heat press.

Are you printing these yourself, or did you order them from us?

Best Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Horvath For This Useful Post:
Rodney (April 5th, 2011)
Old April 4th, 2011 Apr 4, 2011 8:07:38 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thank you for replying...
I did the 4x4 test like you said. Nothing came loose.
I ordered the design through Stahls.

I'm working on a light mesh reversible jersey. The logo is 6.5 x 6.5.
Could there be specific instructions to get this right? Even if I peel very slowly, holding one hand down on the design as I'm peeling and peeling as close to the jersey as possible, it seems to cool too fast in the process causing it to stick to the mask anyways!

The instructions say a medium pressure. Could I be using too much pressure? Should I use a very light pressure?

Old April 4th, 2011 Apr 4, 2011 9:24:36 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Probably the best thing to do at this point is to have a garment as well as an unapplied logo sent to us so that our product testing department can take a look at this to see what the issue is.

Would you be open to that?

Old April 4th, 2011 Apr 4, 2011 9:54:15 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I spoke with a Stahls rep in Quality Assurance. He gave me the number to talk with Josh Ellsworth. I'm going to do one more test with his instructions before its assumed to be a defect.

Thank you for helping out!

Old April 5th, 2011 Apr 5, 2011 4:58:01 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Oh ok. Let me know if you need any more help from me. We want to make sure that if it is an application issue, we help you correct it, and if it happens to be some sort of defect we replace it.

Best Regards!

This is a discussion about URGENT: Problems w/ Solutions Opaque on Tricot Mesh that was posted in the CAD-COLOR® Materials sold by CAD-CUT Direct section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in