Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Need to Register?

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

Cad-Cut Direct Help Forums

PLEASE NOTE: The CAD-CUT Direct Support Forums are hosted by T-ShirtForums.com.

In order to post a question here, you will need to fill out the quick T-ShirtForums.com Registration form here to get new login details that you'll use to access the forum.

This will be separate from any login information you have for Stahls'. After you login to T-ShirtForums.com, this notice will automagically disappear :)

+   T-Shirt Forums > Vendors > CAD-CUT Direct Help Forums > CAD-COLOR® Materials sold by CAD-CUT Direct
Discuss the CAD-COLOR® materials sold by CAD-CUT Direct

Vintage Puff

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2010 Dec 5, 2010 6:51:31 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Vintage Puff

I have started using Vintage Puff with my SP300 and I love the feel and look of the printed puff material. I am having one issue, when heat pressing the puff material onto caps it simply will not puff up. I have tried pressure as low as 1 and as high as 8 on the Hotronix cap press. I have adjusted the heat as low as 300 and as high as 375. I have gone through 2 dozen caps trying to get this stuff to puff up. On Shirts, Hoodies, jean jackets, it works great just not caps.

I used 100% cotton 6 panel caps with a full buckram. I don't know if it is the material in the buckram or something I am doing wrong with the press.

Old December 6th, 2010 Dec 6, 2010 4:53:19 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Nick

Default Re: Vintage Puff

The amount of puff depends on the material that it is being applied to. It could be that the fabric on the front of the cap is pulled really tight.

For instance you will get a better puff with 100% Cotton T's then you will on a Polyester fabric.

It may be that you just will not be able to get a really good puff on those caps.

We also sell a Cad Cut Puff material. You can't print on it, but it may fit your needs. I have not tried it on caps yet though.

Old December 6th, 2010 Dec 6, 2010 6:46:04 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Default Re: Vintage Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Horvath
We also sell a Cad Cut Puff material. You can't print on it, but it may fit your needs. I have not tried it on caps yet though.
Nick, I purchased the Solutions Vintage Puff from Stahls' CAD-CUT Direct. You can print on it with eco sol max ink.

You are right the cap material is just too hard. I tried an unconstructed 100% cotton cap and it worked fine. It has to be the material and the buckram.

This is a discussion about Vintage Puff that was posted in the CAD-COLOR® Materials sold by CAD-CUT Direct section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in