T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Business and Finance

Business and Finance Sponsor

This section of the forum is for discussing the business and finance issues of the t-shirt industry. Which business structure to use (sole proprietor, LLC, S Corp, etc), how to handle billing, where to register your business and get the proper licensing, etc.

Denied Business Loan - Need to re-do business plan

Like Tree12Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 2nd, 2018 Oct 2, 2018 8:55:11 AM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Dennis
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Denied Business Loan - Need to re-do business plan

Banks like collateral. Logos, websites, marketing do not constitute collateral. Low cost/low value equipment hasn't much value, either. That leaves receivables. Without some real firm sales numbers for them to crunch you won't stand much chance of a business loan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2020 Mar 3, 2020 2:25:58 AM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Why were you denied when you first started looking for funding? It could be as simple as having a 679 instead of 680 if you went to your local bank. Did they give you a reason? Maybe look for another resource of loans - check out this one https://www.oneword.co.uk/

Old June 4th, 2020 Jun 4, 2020 4:49:47 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have a question I’m just starting a t-shirt business. I have all of my paperwork I’m just wondering what’s the best route to go for getting shirts and equipment. I have been approved for equipment, however they are charging a lot to finance. The equipment cost is $11,099 but if I finance I’ll be paying close to $19,000. I need help finding the best options for purchasing equipment.

Old June 4th, 2020 Jun 4, 2020 4:59:19 PM -   #19 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have a question I’m just starting a t-shirt business. I have all of my paperwork I’m just wondering what’s the best route to go for getting shirts and equipment. I have been approved for equipment, however they are charging a lot to finance. The equipment cost is $11,099 but if I finance I’ll be paying close to $19,000. I need help finding the best options for purchasing equipment.

Old June 29th, 2020 Jun 29, 2020 1:47:54 AM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I have no idea actually, but lenders want to see repayment capacity. The key things all lenders want to see are:

Repayment capacity, your audited accounts will demonstrate this or not. Or you may want to contact other lending service, this one is a reliable one - https://maggly.com/

Old June 29th, 2020 Jun 29, 2020 6:26:25 AM -   #21 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,314 Times in 1,080 Posts

All bets are off right now however try your local bank and see what they say. We have had 4 loans (one is current) over the last 10 years for equipment all they ranged from 4% to 7%.

Old June 29th, 2020 Jun 29, 2020 9:22:43 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The best place to start is binge watching SHARK TANK.
The questions they ask the business owners are incredibly purposeful.
Even more important is the 'facts' offered that are nothing but wishful thinking and conjecture.
And they always seek the history of the candidate to understand if this is their FIrst Rodeo (in garments and apparel). It is helpful to note the 'gold' in finding funding is existing SALES. This is quickly followed by sales acquisition costs? Cost of goods? And finally margin.
IF a business owners seeking funding can't pass the SHARK TANK test, they are not ready for prime time with a lender.

Old June 29th, 2020 Jun 29, 2020 9:27:57 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

King, you are looking at the wrong data.
If your business is generating $2,500 to put in the bank, it seems then new equipment investment should raise that income to lets say $3,500 a month.
Are you unwilling to pay $350 a month to make $1,000? You are a business owner, focus on profit not cost.

Old August 7th, 2020 Aug 7, 2020 2:50:28 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

My mother is in the process of obtaining a loan from theguaranteedloans.com/high-risk-loans/ right now for a franchise business. We originally went with the bank the franchisor recommended because of course they have worked with this company and its franchisees. We got approved and then a month before we were set for construction they rescinded on the loan because of underwriting restructuring or whatever they called it.

Old 1 Week Ago Sep 15, 2020 3:55:19 AM -   #25 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

First of all, thanks for sharing your experience, guys! But I have a question. What about installment loans in USA? I heard that people get them, especially if their credit score is bad. I'm looking for the way to get a loan for my business. All banks denied me. Of course, the best way is to find investors, but it might take much time. Did anyone take out an installment loan?

This is a discussion about Denied Business Loan - Need to re-do business plan that was posted in the Business and Finance section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in