T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Business and Finance

Business and Finance Sponsor

This section of the forum is for discussing the business and finance issues of the t-shirt industry. Which business structure to use (sole proprietor, LLC, S Corp, etc), how to handle billing, where to register your business and get the proper licensing, etc.

Online screenprinting shop only (pickup or delivery)

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2015 Jul 13, 2015 12:57:59 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Online screenprinting shop only (pickup or delivery)

I'm sure this gets asked a lot but I'm looking to venture at doing a screenprint and sublimation print shop exclusively online and wondering if people are generating enough to live by this. I've been doing screenprinting for about 13 years but it was all via etsy, ebay or online shop. And it did generate well but i feel like i need to move on and doing just a shop that take bulk orders intead of made to order per tees.
Some questions i have are.

1. Doing this strictly online, I'm sure its harder to get sales instead of having a brick mortar shop. Is there a ballpark income estimate people are able to generate doing this way?

2. Where are the customers mostly coming from.. I'm guessing local places where a salesmen or team goes and looks for churche, schools. If it's outside and requires shipping and I'm wondering if people actually purchase since it's all online.

3. Is portfolio a make or break in the deal as they will see my shop site. Or is it strictly sales pitch etc..

I also work downtown seattle doing letterpress design and want to quit this and start venturing on myself so any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2015 Jul 13, 2015 11:28:13 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Online screenprinting shop only (pickup or delivery)

If you already have prints of your work, why not just invest in a web developer that can develop a site for you catered to you whatever your selling. Then take out some ad space using google or bing to drive customers. Like any venture though, to make a living off of it your going to need to become established and keep your customer returning by doing good work. #my2cents

Old July 19th, 2015 Jul 19, 2015 6:01:05 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

To focus on your third point. I feel like for bulk orders it is more of a sales pitch. and simply because of how much competition is in the market.

Old July 19th, 2015 Jul 19, 2015 7:14:42 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You're going to go head to head w/ the biggest online tshirt printer customink.com. They got the website, TV ads, and online presence & their prices are very much in line w/ general competition. They even offer free shipping.

Old July 19th, 2015 Jul 19, 2015 8:04:37 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Are we not all going head to head with them in one way or another?

Old July 19th, 2015 Jul 19, 2015 12:17:33 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Garrett
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Strict online can be tuff. Back in 2005-2008 it was a lot easier since not every shop had a site. Now you will find a large group of sites just like custom ink that have developed similar if not better sites with much more competitive pricing. Yes, many of these sites have bad reviews on quality and such BUT going head to head with them means you will need to spend a lot of capital on ads, web development, and more. Look up inksoft reviews and others. Many times you find people that try the same route only to revert back to store-front sales.

For example, would you do 6,000 G2000 black shirts with a 1 color print front and underbase with free shipping anywhere in the domestic U.S. for $3.27? You may jump to say yes, but once you crunch numbers you have to be a steady production house to run these type of orders.

This is a discussion about Online screenprinting shop only (pickup or delivery) that was posted in the Business and Finance section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in