[Brother GT-782] At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums
 

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?





Site Navigation








+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.



[Brother GT-782] At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

 
Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 17th, 2010 Nov 17, 2010 10:42:47 PM -   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul


Printzilla's Avatar
 
You can call me: Marc
Member Since: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 212
Thanked 303 Times in 177 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

I have RIP's for 2200, 2400, 48xx, 1800, and there is not a tremendous difference. As stated in my post, the RIP setting used to create the underbase in the examples were set to 50% strength. These were not solid backgrounds, they were consistent with the type of underbase used on the 782, as well as high end process screen printing, a gradient greyscale type of under base.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Printzilla For This Useful Post:
german13 (November 17th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 17th, 2010 Nov 17, 2010 11:09:46 PM -   #47 (permalink)
Guest
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

102557's Avatar
 
You can call me: Jeff
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1,507
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
I have RIP's for 2200, 2400, 48xx, 1800, and there is not a tremendous difference. As stated in my post, the RIP setting used to create the underbase in the examples were set to 50% strength. These were not solid backgrounds, they were consistent with the type of underbase used on the 782, as well as high end process screen printing, a gradient greyscale type of under base.
have you had any expermintation results with different brand rips iproof,fast artist,eukon digital, or others? or is the software technology settings the same based on epson drivers?

I ask because some have said you cant get good coverage printing white underbase at 14xx res without a double pass? with some rips! and would that make a difference in costs or is the ink laydown the same volume no matter if its covering at 720 or 14xx with the epson models?
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 2:42:42 AM -   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul


Printzilla's Avatar
 
You can call me: Marc
Member Since: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 212
Thanked 303 Times in 177 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

All of my info is based on a single pass white and cmyk.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Printzilla For This Useful Post:
german13 (November 18th, 2010)
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 3:52:35 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


mrbigjack50's Avatar
 
You can call me: Sean
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 303
Thanked 330 Times in 283 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

brother ink is thicker than the inks Epson based machines meaning it will need to use less ink to give satisfactory results...

Software is important but loosing focus on aspect that ink formula is different to is important thing to remember : )

Drop size is different to 40ppl for Brother and 4ppl For Epson, larger drop - wider coverage at faster speeds
__________________

 
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbigjack50 For This Useful Post:
german13 (November 18th, 2010)
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 12:30:21 PM -   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


Justin Walker's Avatar
 
You can call me: Justin
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1,054
Thanked 694 Times in 352 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigjack50
Drop size is different to 40ppl for Brother and 4ppl For Epson, larger drop - wider coverage at faster speeds
... And lower resolutions.
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 12:40:41 PM -   #51 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


mrbigjack50's Avatar
 
You can call me: Sean
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 303
Thanked 330 Times in 283 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

True, but never had a client to this day complain about resolution : )
__________________

 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 2:20:29 PM -   #52 (permalink)
Guest
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

102557's Avatar
 
You can call me: Jeff
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1,507
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigjack50
brother ink is thicker than the inks Epson based machines meaning it will need to use less ink to give satisfactory results...

Software is important but loosing focus on aspect that ink formula is different to is important thing to remember : )

Drop size is different to 40ppl for Brother and 4ppl For Epson, larger drop - wider coverage at faster speeds

thanks for all theinfo guys!!!

I am however still very baffled to say the least regarding ink-speed!! i keep hearing the brother amongst other non epsons talk or describe the thicker ink faster speed combination.. however every video i have ever seen whether it be a company demo or youtube or in person i have not seen this speed portion?? the fastest machines i have seen are the mod1 and anajet sprint hands down no contest as far as speed IMHO!!! so what am i missing here? is it just the washability that attracts the non epson users/buyers because it looks as if the non epsons are much higher in price at a res sacrifice aswell? Im just trying to learn the reasoning behind the purchase of non epson because it cant be speed?
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 2:27:03 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Senior Member
Certified T-Shirt Junkie


mrbigjack50's Avatar
 
You can call me: Sean
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 303
Thanked 330 Times in 283 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Mod or Anajet does 60 shirts an hour?

Speed in curing is another big factor : )
__________________

 
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbigjack50 For This Useful Post:
german13 (November 18th, 2010)
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 2:47:52 PM -   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul


Printzilla's Avatar
 
You can call me: Marc
Member Since: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 212
Thanked 303 Times in 177 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13
thanks for all theinfo guys!!!

I am however still very baffled to say the least regarding ink-speed!! i keep hearing the brother amongst other non epsons talk or describe the thicker ink faster speed combination.. however every video i have ever seen whether it be a company demo or youtube or in person i have not seen this speed portion?? the fastest machines i have seen are the mod1 and anajet sprint hands down no contest as far as speed IMHO!!! so what am i missing here? is it just the washability that attracts the non epson users/buyers because it looks as if the non epsons are much higher in price at a res sacrifice aswell? Im just trying to learn the reasoning behind the purchase of non epson because it cant be speed?
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/belquet...tml#post717805

The shirt in this post took between 4-6 minutes on a mod1 according to TT. It was a matter of 1440x720 or 1440x1440. I can print it in 3 minutes on my 782.

I don't know what it is your missing either, but the 782 is clearly faster. Jerid also timed a print for me that took him five minutes on his mod1, I can do it in three.

So the reason for non epson purchases certainly include speed. And this is just one shirt at a time. If you want to print two shirts, my 782 is even faster.

Next.....
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 3:52:57 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Guest
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

102557's Avatar
 
You can call me: Jeff
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1,507
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/belquet...tml#post717805

The shirt in this post took between 4-6 minutes on a mod1 according to TT. It was a matter of 1440x720 or 1440x1440. I can print it in 3 minutes on my 782.

I don't know what it is your missing either, but the 782 is clearly faster. Jerid also timed a print for me that took him five minutes on his mod1, I can do it in three.

So the reason for non epson purchases certainly include speed. And this is just one shirt at a time. If you want to print two shirts, my 782 is even faster.

Next.....
What about the mod1 printing at 720 ? Is this the case with the anajet aswell, the anajet will do a dark in under two min im not sure about the mod in 720? Im just trying to calculate the equation for myself.. not dising the machine its a price per unit of machine vs speed for me!! asnd im looking to see what you guys think the benefits are outside of that.. the brother 782 is impressive but cost vs the output speed just isnt there for me personally... unless there are several other bennies im overlooking?

Last edited by german13; November 18th, 2010 at 04:06 PM..
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 4:16:14 PM -   #56 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul


Printzilla's Avatar
 
You can call me: Marc
Member Since: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 212
Thanked 303 Times in 177 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

The mod and anajet are the same platform, 1800/1900 Epsons. The speed will be almost identical save a few minor differences due to the RIP's.

My old kiosk would do a black shirt in under two minutes. 10x10 360 squared. Looked like garbage, but it could do it. I am sure the Anajet could produce similar results in both speed and quality.

If the mod1 could produce a sellable print at 720 don't you think that is what they would be using?

This is my last post debating or sharing information with you, it is a waste of time. I appreciate the DIY info you have so freely shared, and I thank you for that. You are convinced that the Epson 1800/1900 platform is faster than the 782 when producing the same image at a comparable quality. It isn't. Multiple other well respected forum members that actually own the machines have proven it.
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 4:31:51 PM -   #57 (permalink)
Guest
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

102557's Avatar
 
You can call me: Jeff
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 1,507
Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,052 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
The mod and anajet are the same platform, 1800/1900 Epsons. The speed will be almost identical save a few minor differences due to the RIP's.

My old kiosk would do a black shirt in under two minutes. 10x10 360 squared. Looked like garbage, but it could do it. I am sure the Anajet could produce similar results in both speed and quality.

If the mod1 could produce a sellable print at 720 don't you think that is what they would be using?

This is my last post debating or sharing information with you, it is a waste of time. I appreciate the DIY info you have so freely shared, and I thank you for that. You are convinced that the Epson 1800/1900 platform is faster than the 782 when producing the same image at a comparable quality. It isn't. Multiple other well respected forum members that actually own the machines have proven it.
Wow,
Im sorry you feel that way!!! people like to ask questions and get real answers!! again thats what a forum is right, the sharing of imformation with different user opinions!! I do not agree with you saying a 720 printed image from an epson 1900 base is not a quaility sellable image... the anajet vid clearly debunks that notion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e14hAkB6RL8 and i do this on a daily basis with the same software in 720 res on a home build!! im not sure about the 720 image on a mod1 i cant debate that..

that is very interesting however (this is your last post debating or sharing imformation!!) why because i disagree regarding speed? why do you even bother coming to the forums then? this will be part of many conversations a diference of opinion!! sounds very child like..no? I was honestly looking for the other benefits outside of speed.. my math equates to this regarding the subject: i could purchase tthree anajet sprints for the price of one brother 782 which can print a dark in under two minutes tripling my output for the same cost per unit with cheaper ink cost!.. i dont see it any other way!!! sorry!!

Last edited by german13; November 18th, 2010 at 05:03 PM..
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 5:32:07 PM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

islandtees's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

I believe because your posts look for conflict,not discussion.Everytime I read one of your posts it seems like that is what your trying to do.Sorry.On another note-The Mod 1 blows away the anajet.
 
The Following User Says Thank You to islandtees For This Useful Post:
Printzilla (November 18th, 2010)
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 5:58:30 PM -   #59 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul


Printzilla's Avatar
 
You can call me: Marc
Member Since: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 212
Thanked 303 Times in 177 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Lol - it kills me that you would think that you can tell from a video that the product is sellable. It also amuses me that you would trust anything that comes from Anajet. The video you posted contains a multitude of falsehoods.

Only American made DTG. WRONG
Only one that can print on polyester. WRONG
Built from the ground up. WRONG
Fastest in the industry. WRONG

It is not a matter of disagreeing. It is a matter of facts. It is not different user opinions. Your opinion does not break the laws of time and space, or if it does you should be working on something a little more important than a DIY DTG.

Every image I have received printed 720x720 white layer one pass from any vendor, manufacturer, or reseller has been of an unacceptable quality.( in my opinion, just wanted to demonstrate the difference in opinion and fact) If the 1800/1900 can produce such great images, why don't those in the business print with it? Why wouldn't Jerid and the Belquette staff correct me during my pre purchase phase? Surely it would have been to their benefit to show me how much faster the mod1 is. Especially when they knew I was looking at the 782, and specifically requested head to head print speed comparisons.

You say you like to ask questions and get real answers, but then proceed to argue about the real life answers, from actual real life users, this is why I decided to forgo any further discussion.

Printzilla signing off for good. Good luck and good night......
 
Old November 18th, 2010 Nov 18, 2010 6:00:03 PM -   #60 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul


Printzilla's Avatar
 
You can call me: Marc
Member Since: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 212
Thanked 303 Times in 177 Posts


Default Re: At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtees
I believe because your posts look for conflict,not discussion.Everytime I read one of your posts it seems like that is what your trying to do.Sorry.On another note-The Mod 1 blows away the anajet.
That is my belief as well, on both counts.
 






This is a discussion about At $3/shirt, isn't a $55K GT-782 too expensive? that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.


Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)
.

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DTG how expensive??? cryingtears Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing 1 October 15th, 2008 04:16 PM
is it expensive ? coolman775 Business and Finance 3 June 27th, 2008 07:29 AM
Could be an Expensive Mistake neckmouth Heat Press and Heat Transfers 7 April 10th, 2007 12:10 PM
Is this too expensive? Rebelesque General T-Shirt Selling Discussion 10 November 17th, 2006 09:17 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.