T-Shirt Forums banner

Should we buy the GTX or not - that is the question?

[Brother GTX] 
4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BeeGeeTees 
#1 ·
Looking for guidance as to whether or not to take the plunge and buy the GTX or not?

Pro and Cons from owners of a GTX would be greatly appreciated!!!
Would you buy it again or not?

We currently own a GT-541 and a GT-782 and they run great! Our 782 took a dump a few days back and has me thinking of buying a new one.

Any feedback would help a lot!

Thanks in advance!!!

#3 ·
I use to use the GTX and the prints are OK but it's expensive to get vibrant prints and it annoyed me that the layer alignment kept needing to be adjusted.

The death nail for me was when I saw this from another GTX user. The GTX is the only printer that the maintenance costs are the same if it is been used or not.

If you want a mid-priced printer for an operator just to push the button then it is OK but I don't know why companies that have large numbers of printers have not invested in GTX printers.

#4 ·
Overall I would say my time with the GTX has been a nightmare and by far the worst equipment investment of the year. Sure its nice to just walk into the shop and bang out a few hundred shirts first thing in the morning, but it seems like at least once a month there is some sort of issue with the machine and the parts are insanely expensive and the fixes for all the problems seem to involve flushing $100 worth of ink down the drain.

The inability to find 3rd party parts, 3rd party repairs, and 3rd party supplies for this machine make it by far the most expensive DTG machine by a huge margin. At this point I really doubt that I will ever make a profit on it, and it seems that it can just print enough shirts between issues to finance the next round of parts and supplies. I will be selling this machine off as soon as I can find a buyer in my area that wants it.

#5 ·
We got our 1st one in 2017 (43k Prints) and the 2nd one 2018 (50k Prints).
The first ~ 6 month it was a nightmare but then they fixed alot of **** with heads and Firmware.
Now the only thing will be the 25k Print Maintenance which is kinda not needed if you print enough.

But like a lot of ppl already told, its expensive to p rint with the GTX but the Prints are really great.

We are switching now to Kornit got enough from Pretreating and the High costs of everything

#7 ·
Well, we made the decision to buy the GTX and it has been one of the best decisions that we have ever made! The printer prints amazingly and the maintenance is minimal. It doesn't waste ink - in fact the ink cost is about half the cost of the GT-782 and GT-541. I wonder if all of the negative posts about the GTX are real or from folks that have never owned a Brother DTG. I'm glad I did not listen to all of the nay sayers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.