[Brother GTX] Anyone using the knockoff Garmentprinterink white for a Brother GTX? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.

[Brother GTX] Anyone using the knockoff Garmentprinterink white for a Brother GTX?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pintprinting

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2020 Mar 9, 2020 11:13:12 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone using the knockoff Garmentprinterink white for a Brother GTX?

I have a Brother GTX and the white ink cost is killing me, this machine dumps about $20-$30 worth of ink every single day just grooming itself.

I noticed that Garment printer ink has been the first to market with a generic ink for this machine and its about 50% less than the real Brother inks.

I am very skeptical after the hell we have been thru with print heads on this machine. I was always told that aftermarket inks were a no-no because it kills the white print head when all the heavy metals settle into the print head while it is docked between uses.

We could really use the cost savings of this new "GTX compatible" white ink but I would like to hear from someone that has actually run a few pouches thru the machine before jumping in to give it a try.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2020 Mar 28, 2020 2:18:49 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Stayce

Default Re: Anyone using the knockoff Garmentprinterink white for a Brother GTX?

Hi! I do not have the GTX, but I do have the Brother GT 381. I have been using Garment Printer Inks white, as well as colors for a couple of years. They have been awesome to deal with! They have always treated me right when I've had issues, such as refill bag leaking upon arrival, etc. It is not compatible with OEM inks though. I initially bought the change-over kit, and that was a really great value! Hope this helps!

Old March 30th, 2020 Mar 30, 2020 9:58:53 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Anyone using the knockoff Garmentprinterink white for a Brother GTX?

Just like with my Epson DTGs I am sure that swapping to another brand of ink for either machine would include dumping ALL ink that may be within the machine's internal tubing that hold ink within the DTG.

Not sure what it would cost for my GTX but for each of my Epson's it would involve dumping at least $125 worth of white ink just to swap over and that doesn't include any color ink swap over that would need to be performed.

Pulling that trigger might be kinda tough for some folks.

Old April 11th, 2020 Apr 11, 2020 12:25:41 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ted
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintprinting
I have a Brother GTX and the white ink cost is killing me, this machine dumps about $20-$30 worth of ink every single day just grooming itself.

I noticed that Garment printer ink has been the first to market with a generic ink for this machine and its about 50% less than the real Brother inks.

I am very skeptical after the hell we have been thru with print heads on this machine. I was always told that aftermarket inks were a no-no because it kills the white print head when all the heavy metals settle into the print head while it is docked between uses.

We could really use the cost savings of this new "GTX compatible" white ink but I would like to hear from someone that has actually run a few pouches thru the machine before jumping in to give it a try.
I am looking at the costs, and I cannot see that the Garment Printer is half the cost of the Brother ink, unless I am missing something. My calculation shows that the Garment printer ink is about 17% less compared to 700cc of Brother ink bought in a 2 pack. Garment printer ink one bottle of 700cc is $180.00, Brother 700cc pouch bought in 2 pack is $217.60 each pouch. Maybe I am missing something about the costs. If anyone sees it as half the cost, please let me know how you calculated that so I can look into it. Thanks

Old April 13th, 2020 Apr 13, 2020 11:11:08 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
Just like with my Epson DTGs I am sure that swapping to another brand of ink for either machine would include dumping ALL ink that may be within the machine's internal tubing that hold ink within the DTG.

Not sure what it would cost for my GTX but for each of my Epson's it would involve dumping at least $125 worth of white ink just to swap over and that doesn't include any color ink swap over that would need to be performed.

Pulling that trigger might be kinda tough for some folks.
It's not a waste of ink if you swap when the white ink pouch is finished. Just put a cleaning solution pouch in and clean the tubes. Then install the new ink.

Old April 19th, 2020 Apr 19, 2020 9:01:14 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The ink manufactures say that you'll still need to dump any other ink within the machine and switch over completely to ALL of their inks at once. They say that you should not use their white ink with factory CMYK inks at all.

Old April 23rd, 2020 Apr 23, 2020 6:51:25 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Yelanie

I tried the color and the white. For the white ink it was bad there was no vibrancy, in fact, it was faded. I tried with the heat press and through the oven failed. I had to flush the ink right of way. The color is ok. I still would prefer the original ink. I have 2 gtx so I was able to compared.

Old May 1st, 2020 May 1, 2020 5:53:30 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

UPDATE: I tried the white ink and it was a huge mistake. Vibrancy took a major hit, whites overall just looked washed out, and the process of loading the ink was a huge waste of time. I also lost a printhead in the process, it was an old printhead with a lot of miles on it so I cant blame that entirely on the ink....but it is suspect with the timing.

If you are thinking about using generic white ink in a GTX think twice. This was a huge mistake.

This is a discussion about Anyone using the knockoff Garmentprinterink white for a Brother GTX? that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in