[Brother GT-361] Is the T-Lock platen kit worth buying instead of buying separate platens from Brother? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.

[Brother GT-361] Is the T-Lock platen kit worth buying instead of buying separate platens from Brother?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Olperez1

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 5th, 2018 Sep 5, 2018 10:28:48 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Otto
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Is the T-Lock platen kit worth buying instead of buying separate platens from Brother?

Hi Guys, looking at getting the T-Lock platen kit, but is it worth it? Is it flimsy? The Brother sales guy that sold me the DTG GT-361 tells me that it is not worth it as it shakes/moves a lot, but not sure if I can believe a sales guy who is in it for commission.

Please help on what your thoughts are if you have bought a T-Lock yourself. I need a youth and baby platen, so figured, research on T-Lock to get the added ones for just a couple benjamins more.

Thanks for your help.
Justingray likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 13th, 2019 Jun 13, 2019 4:15:22 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Is the T-Lock platen kit worth buying instead of buying separate platens from Brother?

Did you ever get any responses, or did you buy the T-Lock system? I'm curious how you made out if so as I just purchased a GTX printer and need some platens quickly

Thanks!

Old June 13th, 2019 Jun 13, 2019 1:28:18 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Geno
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Is the T-Lock platen kit worth buying instead of buying separate platens from Brother?

Unless you use a certain non-standard size patten a lot I usually just make my own platen out of coreplast (that the yard sign people use). Dirt cheap, easy to cut and mounts easily to the base with nothing more than masking tape. Printed 100 baby gowns this way last week. Easy peasy.

Old June 14th, 2019 Jun 14, 2019 11:19:54 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
Unless you use a certain non-standard size patten a lot I usually just make my own platen out of coreplast (that the yard sign people use). Dirt cheap, easy to cut and mounts easily to the base with nothing more than masking tape. Printed 100 baby gowns this way last week. Easy peasy.
Geno nice hack! I use plexi glass and tape. My shop is by a company that makes windows and signs so they have loads of plexi glass scraps around for the grabbing or glass lots of glass. I usually just tape down the plexi glass and thats good enough but I have actually cut some to shape or do what I did in 7th grade with a few tea candles and actually heat up the plexi glass and fold it so I can tuck the shirt in.

Old July 11th, 2019 Jul 11, 2019 4:00:12 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorGRAFIX
Hi I just got a gtx today. The sales man told up to get the baby onesie platen it will cost 400$!! Can you show me how you made yours diy? How did you make the base to fit? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Old 1 Week Ago Aug 11, 2019 9:07:30 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a GTX and a GT3 and would also like to know how to configure the stand for the plexi, I am trying to make a youth platen. I have a CNC and plenty of half-inch acrylic for cutting the base. I just need to know how to configure the stand for it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it will be much appreciated. I can even cut some acrylic for you.

This is a discussion about Is the T-Lock platen kit worth buying instead of buying separate platens from Brother? that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in