[Brother GTX] Brother GTX - High White Ink Consumption! - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.

[Brother GTX] Brother GTX - High White Ink Consumption!

Like Tree4Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 1st, 2019 Mar 1, 2019 8:40:27 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Blair
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Brother GTX - High White Ink Consumption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack Cat
Thanks for the info this was not what I was told to do by my rep. You should include instruction videos with your machines to avoid confusion.
I put two new white bags in my machine and then put down the amount of ink used in each print in an excel sheet until the bags need to be replaced. One bag always empties out first so I add an extra 60 cc's of ink to my calculation to account for the second bag. Is my ink log 100% accurate? No, but it's pretty damn close give or take 2%.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 7:39:13 PM -   #32 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: josh

All anyone has to do is keep track of the ccs of waste ink vs how many shirts are printed. When I first got my machine I put my waste ink line in a measuring cup and measured the waste ink. Every time you turn the machine on it is an ounce of white ink alone. (Thats the number brother told me for that) I calculated the cost and if you only needed to print one shirt it would be about 35$ to turn the machine on for the day. That $35 includes it being turned on all day and it turning off for the day) With a head cleaning every 24 shirts I calculated about 50$ printing around 75ish shirts for the day. Another random measurement I have found out is printing 1000 shirts in a month I have used 2500ccs of waste ink. That is a little over $800 in waste ink if you are buying 700ccs of ink. That is .80c per shirt in waste ink. If someone is printing hundreds of shirts a day the cost per shirt would be much much lower im sure.

Old February 17th, 2020 Feb 17, 2020 10:22:11 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyswy
All anyone has to do is keep track of the ccs of waste ink vs how many shirts are printed. When I first got my machine I put my waste ink line in a measuring cup and measured the waste ink. Every time you turn the machine on it is an ounce of white ink alone. (Thats the number brother told me for that) I calculated the cost and if you only needed to print one shirt it would be about 35$ to turn the machine on for the day. That $35 includes it being turned on all day and it turning off for the day) With a head cleaning every 24 shirts I calculated about 50$ printing around 75ish shirts for the day. Another random measurement I have found out is printing 1000 shirts in a month I have used 2500ccs of waste ink. That is a little over $800 in waste ink if you are buying 700ccs of ink. That is .80c per shirt in waste ink. If someone is printing hundreds of shirts a day the cost per shirt would be much much lower im sure.
WOW that is a lot of wasted ink!

So every shirt you print you have to allow for 80c of waste ink. What are your profit margins?

Old February 18th, 2020 Feb 18, 2020 4:02:33 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: josh

I should say that (I think) people the get this printer should print much more than myself. If you printed consistently large runs of shirts (200 shirts a day) the waste ink per shirt would go down. I do retail and contract printing. I had to bump my prices up a little with I got the Brother GTX.

This is a discussion about Brother GTX - High White Ink Consumption! that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in