[Brother GT-341] Code Error 6108 - Brother GT341 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.

[Brother GT-341] Code Error 6108 - Brother GT341

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WGiant

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 5th, 2016 Oct 5, 2016 5:04:22 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Code Error 6108 - Brother GT341

Hello All,

I have two machines Brother GT341 (since 2015) and i have the same problem on these machines. All the morning, when i turn on the machine, i have the message 6108, i turn off the machine and after i turn on again the machine and the message disappears.

I don't understand. I changed already the PCB, I cleanned inside the machine but always the same problem on these two machines.

Thanks you for your help.

Ced

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2016 Oct 5, 2016 9:42:28 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Default Re: Code Error 6108 - Brother GT341

These might help:

1. Clean and re-grease the carriage shafts. The grease is a very specific weight, so find the right stuff or a close match.

2. Replace the felts cleaning the rail for the carriage wheels, or just take these of entirely. These are on the rail closest to you when you open the lid of the printer, they're on little metal fenders going over the wheels. It really won't hurt much to remove the fenders and felts entirely, but you'll need to be judicious about cleaning the rail. But, first just try replacing the felts.

3. Clean the encoder strip and perform a CR Speed adjustment.
alin3117 likes this.

Old October 5th, 2016 Oct 5, 2016 10:11:58 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hello WGIant,

Thanks you for message.

I already changed the small two felts on the rails. Before, i cleanned the rail with the product of maintenance. I cleanned also the inside of the machine, the shaft, made the CR Speed, cleanned the Encoder Strip, changed the PCB Encoder...

The problem is just the morning when i turn on the machine for the first time in the day. After, no message in the day.

Thanks you.

Julien.

Old October 12th, 2016 Oct 12, 2016 3:31:13 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: BrotherGTPrinters
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ced,

An Error 6108 has to do with the Carriage not being able to locate the home or origin position. Please refer to our manual on how to clean the Encoder and inspect the encoder for any damage by the black on the far left side to ensure no damage or overspray. You will need to perform a CR origin and then run an additional CR speed adjustment after performing those steps. If your located within the US or Canada, please give us a call at 877-4Brother or contact your original dealer if outside these areas for assistance or a guide on the instructions regarding CR origin and Encoder cleaning.

http://www.brother-usa.com/VirData/C...er%20Strip.pdf

The Following User Says Thank You to BrotherGTPrinter For This Useful Post:
alin3117 (April 28th, 2020)
Old January 22nd, 2020 Jan 22, 2020 10:05:59 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jeff

Im getting the same error 6108 code on my gt381. I did try everything you guys said to try. I cleaned the encoder strip, clean and lubed the shaft and rail, and performed a CR origin and then ran an additional CR speed adjustment and also changed to the two felt pieces on the rail.

Is there anything else I can do to resolve this problem?

Old January 22nd, 2020 Jan 22, 2020 4:06:45 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Did you clean the CR sensor. It is the green chip board that reads the encoder strip. When you take it off, you should see two black "towers" that the encoder strip runs between. Get a thin piece of cloth or paper and soak it in denatured alcohol and floss it between the towers. Run the CR Origin Adjustment and then the CR Speed Adjustment.

Its just another part that may cause an error code if its dirty.

Old January 23rd, 2020 Jan 23, 2020 8:31:46 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jeff

Thanks for the advise 500AustinTX. I tried that and it's still giving me the error.

This is a discussion about Code Error 6108 - Brother GT341 that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in