T-Shirt Forums banner

any Honest review of the GT-381 ?

[Brother GT-381] 
16K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  tusa 
#1 ·
Okay so im not sure what to go for Anajet or Brother.
in anajet section i found a review on the anajet mp10 machine but yet didnt find any review on Brother Gt-381 machine

so any review on the printer ( GT-381 ) ? Printing Quality And Colors Brightness ..any issues with the Machine it self ..etc ? disadvantage and advantage ?

Please Honest Review Not Company Promoters

Thanks

#3 ·
We've had the brother 381 for about a year and a half. Overall it's a been a good machine. Printing white has been valuable, and the value increased when brother did the price decrease for the ink last year. As for quality... if you're familiar with the feel from a DTG... the white base certainly has a different feel than the CMYK (I'd say it almost has a rubbery feel), but that kinda comes with the DTG garment territory. The machine is tough. It prints and prints. We did have a printhead go bad, I'm generally pretty good about bringing printheads back to life... I've worked on several large format printers in the past ten years, but even after ordering special clog buster chemicals - it didn't resolve. We had to buy the $1000 printhead (which was pretty easy to install). At times we have fibrillation issues, but we use a paint brush to brush the fibers in one direction and we use wax paper on the heat press to help. Overall, it's a workhorse.

#6 ·
Hi Brother,

I am also setting up a t-shirt printing and needs your experience. Have you bought the machine yet? Are you happy with DTG machine or not? It is much cheaper to run.

Also, I need the Heat Press and other equipment. I live in Reading and Preach Christianity. So, it is almost a religious layout.

If interested to join hands, watch my Youtube videos; channel nijjhar1.

#7 ·
We have had our Brother GT-381 for over one and a half years. It is a great machine and I would guess that 97% of our T-shirts we do are dark color t-shirts and we use a lot of white ink. This machine is a tank and it keeps going and going. We had no major problems with the machine. If you take the time and do your artwork in RGB and use the color swatches that are made for the brother machine the colors come out great. If I had to do it over again I would still buy a brother GT-381. :D

#10 ·
We upgraded from an iDot (actually a pair of them) to the GT-381 and it was an amazing difference. The reliability and speed stand out the most. The Brother machine was clearly designed for this purpose (DTG) vs the "Frankenstein" Epson hybrid versions.

I am so glad I'm not taking apart Epson half-machines to replace parts anymore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.