Looking to purchase Brother GT541 Need Input - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.

Looking to purchase Brother GT541 Need Input

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 14th, 2008 Mar 14, 2008 3:16:01 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Peter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Looking to purchase Brother GT541 Need Input

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2opro
fdsales, You are right where I'm at and you are down to the same two machines. I was looking into the T-jet Blazer Express or the refurbished T-jet 2(so much cheaper). But after reading so many bad posts on the T-Jets I'm a little scared. Does anyone know how much the DTG kiosk with white ink are selling for? I'm going to the trade show in Minn. on March 28-29 so I will get to see the Brother, T-Jets, and DTG run. Hoping this will make my mind up for me.
If you read a bad posts about the Tjet1 and Tjet2, then you can be sure that the same problem will show up on a DTG Kiosk because itīs pretty much the same printer with another logo on it (actually they was made in the same factory). I think that itīs natural with many negative posts on a brand that is so much bigger than their competitors.

We choosed Tjet and UsScreen based on their knowledge in white ink printing. Without white ink we can say goodbye to 80-85% of our orders.

Yes, we had some issues but thanks to support staff, support forums and other forums like this we have solved everything right away and in two years our maintenence cost has been very low. One printhead and two pump/capassembly in 7-8000 shirts on our first T2 (total cost 720$). And the first printhead was ruined after 100 shirts by our own mistake.

After reading alot of posts during the years I would consider a refurbished T-Jet2 printer from Equipment Zone. All wear items, including the printhead, are replaced with brand new parts. It even comes with a one year parts and labor warranty. Unlimited lifetime technical support by phone or email is included. Also included is a brand new EZ PRO Bulk Ink System and a brand new set of FastINK ink.

I live in Sweden and have 4 T-jets in our shop. We have bougth them both new and some refurbished printers. As a first printer I would prefer a refurbished T-Jet2 infront of a new Kiosk, Blazer or another epson-based model (much quicker ROI).

The Following User Says Thank You to Peta For This Useful Post:
h2opro (March 15th, 2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2008 Mar 14, 2008 5:37:43 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I guess it isnt a matter of the machines themselves as much as its the support that comes with it that I'm scared of. I know this world has become a place where people can jump on board a bandwagon either way but it sure doesnt help T-Jet having alot of negative posts. That could also be because they have more machines out there. I understand that its a machine and just like any mechanical equipment theres a chance that you might get a bad one. I just want to narrow down them chances. I would love to get a refurbed T-Jet 2 and save some money but with my luck lately I'd get a bad one. I just want the support more than anything.

Old March 14th, 2008 Mar 14, 2008 7:44:39 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I would tend to believe that from all the positive posts I have seen about Equipment Zone, that if you did get a "bad" machine, they would make it right. I purchased a TJet 3 NEW, an got 2 different "bad" machines, so even purchasing new doesn't guarantee you won't get a defective unit. If you're on a budget, go with the refurb from Equipment Zone. This would be a good way to get into DTG without spending upwards of $16 K or more. However, one of the big mistakes we made was the learning curve; there's a lot to learn about the software, machine itself, white ink, pretreatment, and the maintenance. It's definitely NOT plug & play, so don't take any orders until you are throughly familiar w/ the machine & software. Also, know & UNDERSTAND your actual ink costs to print lite & dark shirts. Then I would setup a really good design for your company, and everyday print at least a few of this design to 1. keep the white ink flowing & machine running well (these machines tend to perform better when run evey day), 2. spot wash tests to make sure your pretreatment methods & cure times are correct 3. Once your determine thru the spot wash tests that your shirts are holding up under repeated washings, you can use these daily printed shirts as giveaway samples for your company. Good Luck, and please keep us "posted".

The Following User Says Thank You to fdsales For This Useful Post:
h2opro (March 15th, 2008)

Old March 15th, 2008 Mar 15, 2008 7:11:36 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Darn it you guys....Just when I thought I had it narrowed down!!!!!!
I'm not really on a tight budget so I dont want that to be a big factor. But if the refurbed T-Jet can run with a new 15-16 thousand dollar machine would you go that route and save the money?? Can it hold a candle to the new ones??
As far as the programming and running it, why do I need to know so much when I have this forum and you guys????? LOL!!!

I do realize that it will take some time to figure things out. I actually plan on playing with it awhile(sounds bad,I know) before starting up full speed.
My friend has a screen printing, embroidery and custom graphics buisness. He even said that he will have no clue as to how to run this thing but should be able to help on the computer side.

Old March 16th, 2008 Mar 16, 2008 10:25:10 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Understand that the TJet 2 is a model that's 2-3 years old, and no longer in production. Also, it's production speed is slower than current Blazer or compartible other mfg. models. We're really leaning toward the Brother, I know it doesn't have white ink, and is 20K firm, but I just don't want the hassles of the extra maintenance involved with the machines that use white ink.
If budget is not a consideration, then always buy new, as you're getting the lastest model, and full warranty. As to which machine for you, I guess you need to decide that based on your business plan, and feedback from users on this forum.

Old August 21st, 2009 Aug 21, 2009 8:17:44 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: tuan

Is Brother working on a version that can do white ink at the moment? If they already have a machine that almost everyone loves why not take the extra step and conquer that very last request of white ink ability from their client base and so their machine can be the "photoshop" of all DTG printers....meaning it's the one product that dominates its field. Maybe they're working on that right now?

Old August 21st, 2009 Aug 21, 2009 8:49:21 AM -   #37 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Stacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuan
Is Brother working on a version that can do white ink at the moment? If they already have a machine that almost everyone loves why not take the extra step and conquer that very last request of white ink ability from their client base and so their machine can be the "photoshop" of all DTG printers....meaning it's the one product that dominates its field. Maybe they're working on that right now?
Its done....
Brother International - Digital Garment Printers

Old August 25th, 2009 Aug 25, 2009 4:06:37 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwoods
We have had our machine since June of 2006 and we love it.
We have never (knock on wood) had any issues with the machine itself. I like it because it is easy to use ,send file to machine hit the print button and you have a great looking shirt. It really is plug and print, even though others will say there is no machine that is. The brother really is and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
us too!! Same story...we're sticking to too

The Following User Says Thank You to Robin For This Useful Post:
WholesalePrint (August 25th, 2009)
Old February 12th, 2010 Feb 12, 2010 11:05:17 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Danielle

You are happy with BROTHER GT 541 ??? I WANT TO BUY AND TO OPEN MY OWN BUSINESS. Gave me some advise because I want to send in my country to make my people happy printing t-shirts and hats and all things cotton and light color. THANKS

Old February 15th, 2010 Feb 15, 2010 12:11:59 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: ROBERT

i bought me brother 541, 8 months ago and i love because after i purchase this machine that was set in a warehouse for 6 months with all ink in the lines and not running i was thinking that waste me money but when i flush the lines and clean inside the machine start running like new and i didnt been having any problems. And i will looking for one more used to transformer in the polar bear that print white ink.Robert.

Old February 20th, 2010 Feb 20, 2010 5:11:36 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

It's very easy to use and prints very well. It's the best printer for reliability and performance...it doesn't print white on black but most printers that do have more maintenance and technical issues. I'm only selling mine because I'm getting out of the garment business altogether.

Old March 26th, 2011 Mar 26, 2011 10:05:09 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: marty

I have had mine for a year and a half and it works great ; I am in Florida and am now going to sell it

Old March 27th, 2011 Mar 27, 2011 4:11:43 AM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean

2 years zero issues, even when running it when outta ink many times and leaving it over weekend with air in lines, machine is solid, very easy maintenance, clean it once a month and change cleaning thing after 2 500cc black carts Ha.

Hopefully be adding 782 soon

Old March 27th, 2011 Mar 27, 2011 4:12:00 AM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean

2 years zero issues, even when running it when outta ink many times and leaving it over weekend with air in lines, machine is solid, very easy maintenance, clean it once a month and change cleaning thing after 2 500cc black carts Ha.

Hopefully be adding 782 soon

Old March 30th, 2011 Mar 30, 2011 8:33:33 AM -   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Akin

what is the difference between DTG and what workhorse products(screen printing) does?
I'm kinda new here. I want to start up a t-shirt printing biz and need advice...

This is a discussion about Looking to purchase Brother GT541 Need Input that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in