Any one have a GT-541 Brother printer??? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.

Any one have a GT-541 Brother printer???

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 3:45:13 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Any one have a GT-541 Brother printer???

I have been trying to find the truths about DGT printers and seem to really like the brother printer or the HM1 ANY OPINIONS?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 5:29:55 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Extravaganza Winner
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Robert
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Any one have a GT-541 Brother printer???

I think Printchic has one and loves it - https://www.t-shirtforums.com/members/printchic.html

Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 5:39:56 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi Jeremy

We have a Brother GT-541. I absolutely love it!! Its very easy to use, & very little trial and error.

One of the biggest arguments the folks that sell the printers that print white are "You will loose sales because you cannot print on darks."

We have had the machine 2 full months, and each time someone wanted color t-shirts, after explaining they could have full color graphics, at no extra charge, they jumped on it.

One order specifically, a woman came in and wanted dark blue aprons, with one color print. She didnt want white aprons....kept saying she didnt want white aprons. Until I showed her the sample we had, full color, and she had the entire apron as her canvass. She left and I didnt hear from her for a few days....She came in today with her deposit!

We do cut vinyl heat transferrs for the one of's that really want dark shirts with one color. Larger orders, (for dark shirts)we order transferrs.

I really like the way we have set ourselves up. There really isnt anything we cant do. But with the brother, someone can come in today, ordered 2 shirts, and I told her to come back in an hour. A very nice $29.95 sale for 15min worth of work.

After all is said and done, I have absolutely no regrets and wouldnt change a thing.

Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 5:52:55 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks Robin

Like I have said in so many of these fourms I can't keep track what fourm i'm in. I HAVE YET TO READ ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE BROTHER GT 541.

That makes me comfident that it is going to be my machine. The plain fact that the rest of the printers in this 20k and under field use a modified epson printer, brother I'm told actually built this printer and not using a epson desktop printer. I was all about the HM1 but for all the wrong reasons. I wanted it for the white ink. having to run a maitanace clean every 8 hrs burns a lot of ink. Thank all for the info and giving me more confidence in this choice of printer the GT 541.

Old September 20th, 2007 Sep 20, 2007 6:04:23 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Your very welcome! If you have any other questions, drop me a pm, sometimes I dont get here for quite a while.

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 9:25:37 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

just been reading these forums about it and it seems everyone with a brother loves them and people with t-jet are not satisified

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 9:56:41 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Extravaganza Winner
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Robert

Someone told me that the main thing was the white ink. It ruins the heads over a period of time. I saw a few at the ISS show, and they ran great and produced some nice shirts, but of course those are demo models. I think they also take a tinkers mind. If you can do it yourself, yo can fix things as they crop up. I think some people expect them to run like a desktop printer, and I don't think that they are there yet.

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 10:02:30 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
I think some people expect them to run like a desktop printer, and I don't think that they are there yet.
that is how the brother runs....no tinkering, no fuss!

I did my first cleaning today! I did good, it still works!

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 10:10:48 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

I purchased the HM1 and absolutely love it. I do my daily maintenance and make sure it prints every day and I have had no problems. The only issues I have had were software related but that is because I have vista on all of my comps., I love the way my printer works and have had no printing or pretreatment issues as of yet. I think the main thing is that if you want to print darks you must do the maintenance and learn the pretreating process well to make good garments. I have done many wash tests on different colors on light and dark and so far they look great and I have had no clogging issues as of yet. I do think the brother is a nice machine if all you want to print is light fabrics but that was not an option for me. I agree with prometheus that if you expect it to run like a regular ink jet that is when you will be dissapointed. It just really depends on the work you are willing to put into it. The maintenance doesnt take that long to do each day, but it is something you have to do. Hope this helps.

Bobbie

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 10:55:19 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: kenn

our Brother GT-541 was just installed this week. although i haven't produced an actual order on it yet, the quality of my samples are impressive and the ease of use and maintenance are tops. we hope to be producing actual orders soon.

robin has already been a tremendous help with some color issues already, so i hope to be picking his (her?) brain for more.

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 11:14:56 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

I got my sample from MESA distributing today. Wow it looks and feels great. It is a Marlin Fish printed with the HM1 Hanse shirt on black.

So my next question to you all is HM1 or other white ink printer owners what is the actual steps that need to be taken for a print procedure on black Vs. white. Example a step by step process. and how long does the whole process take from grabing the tshirt out of the box to folding it and putting it in the customers hand?

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 11:25:20 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mike

Kustom, while you didn't ask about how fast the Brother is...I'm gonna tell ya anyway! Robin, who is my wife, did 46 full color prints, 14"x16" in one hour. That includes heat pressing them for 30 seconds to set the ink.
Damn, she's good!!!

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 6:26:39 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

We have had a brother for about a year and love it.
Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Old September 21st, 2007 Sep 21, 2007 6:38:12 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

don't you feel limited with the white shirts only? that is what I can't get over though people tell me the white ink is just a pain, still I feel like I will lose half my work. What other process do you have for doing your black or colored shirts?

Old September 22nd, 2007 Sep 22, 2007 7:49:57 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom
don't you feel limited with the white shirts only? that is what I can't get over though people tell me the white ink is just a pain, still I feel like I will lose half my work. What other process do you have for doing your black or colored shirts?
You can print very well on grey, light blue, light pink and light yellow. Right now Im wearing a light pink w/our logo, and a lightening strike thru it. The lightening has a green glow to it. It turned out really awesome.

Like I said earlier, we havent lost any business because we dont do full color on darks. If we need to, then we just order the plastisol transfers. However, doing it this way, there is minimum orders.

But if you have someone that comes in and wants "Big Papa" in white on a black T, I pull out my heat press vinyl, cut it out and press it to the shirt. Viola! No lost customers!

Truth be told, the Brother is getting more work than my cutter, or the plastisol companies!

Since purchasing the brother......its been paying the rent! How cool is that!

This is a discussion about Any one have a GT-541 Brother printer??? that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in