[Brother GT-782] Brother GT-782 replacement - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Brother
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Brother GT-541 and Brother GT-782 DTG owners.

[Brother GT-782] Brother GT-782 replacement

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2011 Aug 30, 2011 3:08:40 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Smile Brother GT-782 replacement

THE WORD IS OUT !!!

As Kornit goes... so goes Brother.

To no surprise... rumor is that Brother will be going to a fully integrated digital t-shirt printer whereby the t-shirt undergoes pretreatment and printing all in the same machine... goodbye Brother GT-782... and a welcome hello to the Brother GT-785. Keep your ear to the rail... it should be a tremendous increase in production efficiency along with eliminating the pretreat discoloration problems associated with the present Brother GT-782... HALLELUJAH!!!

Last edited by John1943; August 30th, 2011 at 03:43 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 8:44:24 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Brother GT-782 replacement

I'm surprised no comments.. that would be very very interesting.

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 9:30:06 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Chris,

I think it is important to understand how Brother creates their names for their printers. The first number is the version of the printer, second number is the number of print heads and the third number is the number of the platens. For example, the GT-541 is the 5th version of their printers with four print heads and one platen. So a GT-785 printer would be nothing more than a GT-782 printer with 5 platens on it. How they would make a GT-782 printer with 5 platens is something that would be interesting to see, but would have a very small printable area for each platen. Just seems too far fetch for me.

The other thing is I just became aware that Kornit got another patent approved and this one goes into more detail about the pretreating process. Here is the post I made - https://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-...tml#post970808. Brother is a very conservative company and I am not sure if they would openly violate a patent unless they had some proof that they could get around it or if they had a license from Kornit.

Right now, there are a ton of rumors floating around about almost every dtg manufacturer and what they are working on. I personally think it is a good thing that the manufacturers are working on improving the technology, but I have learned to take every rumor with a grain of salt till my own eyes see something. But I think over the next several months some of the manufacturers will release a new printer. Hopefully, they will improve more on the maintenance / usability side of things then just focusing on the speed or production numbers.

Mark

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 9:54:10 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1943
... rumor is that Brother will be going to a fully integrated digital t-shirt printer whereby the t-shirt undergoes pretreatment and printing all in the same machine... ... it should be a tremendous increase in production efficiency along with eliminating the pretreat discoloration problems associated with the present Brother GT-782... HALLELUJAH!!!
Also, I will add that having your PT process "on board" does not (by itself) necessarily eliminate pretreat discoloration, nor does it always make the process more efficient - I say this based on my experiences with Kornit; maybe Brother would do a better job....

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 1:51:51 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1943
THE WORD IS OUT !!!

As Kornit goes... so goes Brother.

To no surprise... rumor is that Brother will be going to a fully integrated digital t-shirt printer whereby the t-shirt undergoes pretreatment and printing all in the same machine... goodbye Brother GT-782... and a welcome hello to the Brother GT-785. Keep your ear to the rail... it should be a tremendous increase in production efficiency along with eliminating the pretreat discoloration problems associated with the present Brother GT-782... HALLELUJAH!!!
Care to name your source
Brother pretty much denied that they would ever use white ink, up to the day they set their machine up at a trade show. So I doubt that they would pick you to post this (on your first post) here in the TSF.

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 3:02:05 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I've also heard from a brother dealer a new printer is on its way (within 3 months)

it does make sense with the news of dtg brand's m2 launching shortly (under $30k) making the 782 a littttle difficult to sell at it's current list price,

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 3:26:16 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce
I've also heard from a brother dealer a new printer is on its way (within 3 months)

it does make sense with the news of dtg brand's m2 launching shortly (under $30k) making the 782 a littttle difficult to sell at it's current list price,
Ok, this is weird. What's the chance that 2 different people(johnny & applesause) come on the same thread, on the same day...and post about a new printer AND on their very first post. Both of them? This must be a real rumor

I know, I may be apologising for my snide remarks when the real truth comes out, but isn't that strange?

The Following User Says Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (September 1st, 2011)
Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 3:53:54 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
Ok, this is weird. What's the chance that 2 different people(johnny & applesause) come on the same thread, on the same day...and post about a new printer AND on their very first post. Both of them? This must be a real rumor

I know, I may be apologising for my snide remarks when the real truth comes out, but isn't that strange?

understandable,

if you are really curious, call a reseller and you should be getting the same answer

Old September 4th, 2011 Sep 4, 2011 7:33:38 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean

Might explain why Brother selling Printer/viper and install for under 50k

Old September 5th, 2011 Sep 5, 2011 7:27:58 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Angel

I wouldn't be surprised but the name wouldn't probably be GT-785 and I also noticed that this is John's first post and this is his first post lol

Old September 12th, 2011 Sep 12, 2011 12:12:33 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: beri

Those are just rumors, anyone who uses pretreat machine knows that machine corrodes faster than you can pretreat and I do not want even to talk about mist from spraying flying around

This is a discussion about Brother GT-782 replacement that was posted in the Brother section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in