[Flexi-Jet Model L] Flexi Jet L VS NEOFlex Confused - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[Flexi-Jet Model L] Flexi Jet L VS NEOFlex Confused

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 21st, 2009 Sep 21, 2009 5:06:23 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: Flexi Jet L VS NEOFlex Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm
NeoFlex controlled jerkiness 100% which we could not with Flexi. I will show you at SGIA. Show you perfect registration. Print 3 dark all day long with out off registration. Show you perfect flatten bed. Show you No static. Wires/usb code will never catch anything below cover all are in track. Used thicker shaft. Somehow armature master the jerk? jerk what? Who is armature? you or me? Because of cannot control jerkiness used slide rail is armature, i guess.
Good luck with mod. But still a desk top model ($400) you always sing when we sell Flexi together. Remember that song we sang together? Desk top vs Pro printer ($2000) and we scored around 300?
Why DTG come up with Viper? any good answer other than they are Armature. Because they found out that we were right not using desk top Epson as an engine.
Peter I believe he was using the term Armature as part of the machine not Amateur as in a person

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2009 Sep 21, 2009 6:00:57 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belquette
FYI the newer mod series use a similar technology that moves the bed rather then the head allowing for greater productivity.
Because the weight of the platen is many times lighter it can accelerate and reverse very quickly and most importantly safely.
Moving a 70 lb head any faster than the Flexi already does can become a hazard in the workplace.
You sound like all the people who used to argue AGAINST the moving head technology, when you introduced the printer several years ago...

Sorry, that was just an observation. As for a question: did you always use servo motor technology in the Flexi-Jet?

Hope all is well with the new printer! I've heard good things.

Old September 21st, 2009 Sep 21, 2009 6:02:19 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeMarlea
That is our old website, try https://www.belquettedirect.com/
The new website looks great!!

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 6:37:46 AM -   #19 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,468 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimiq
Gentlemen, (distributors, manufacturers sales people, etc) Thank you all for the input... Are there any USERS who use Neo Flex for your business and printing here? Please share your opinion on functions, quality, etc...
If you want to hear from NeoFlex user go to NeoFlex forum not Flexjet here. When user have problems they often visit here and scream and looking for help (read other forums Clog, error code --- service are major conversations). As I said we have 100% satisfaction rate. Not many are interesting to spend time here. If you call us we will provide users who volunteer to talk with new potential member. We will launch our own forum soon but not in hurry (it is easy one). We have been working on new web site almost 6 months but not ready yet. Because we are carrying so many products. Digital is about 10-15% of All American business which is very big part. we have 50+ major vendors and each vendor have so many items. This means we are going to have 50+web site in ONE. If only Digital maybe a week or so? Anyway it is out of point on Flexijet vs. NeoFlex. thank you all and I'm leaving here.

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 6:48:41 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
If Flexi have powerful servo motor now it is good news. It should eliminate many error codes.
Should know this...?

Quote:
Sorry, that was just an observation. As for a question: did you always use servo motor technology in the Flexi-Jet?
Yes, from day one, and it still uses the same servo drive.

Quote:
You sound like all the people who used to argue AGAINST the moving head technology, when you introduced the printer several years ago...
The reason for the moving head was never speed as the 4800 series printer are not designed for speed as they are intended for proofing work, so the idea was to keep the footprint smaller, especially on the L model.

Quote:
Hope all is well with the new printer! I've heard good things.
Yes, it never stops evolving.

Quote:
Then Flexi does not need to give play on front shaft holding hinge to always loosen it to fit in. Slide Rail waste so much motor energy to push and pull Printer (60 plus minus lbs all day long?) instead of using liner bearing.
This may get boring, but…
First the linear fiction bearing was chosen over a ball bearing purposely, because we intentionally want to introduce drag to avoid this little thing called backlash. The laws of physics state that things in motion tend to stay in motion, ( especially a heavy load ) so we took advantage of the friction element to keep this to a minimum. The front bearing floats to compensate for any irregularities and is common practice in many liners systems.

Quote:
But still a desk top model ($400) you always sing when we sell Flexi together. Remember that song we sang together? Desk top vs Pro printer ($2000) and we scored around 300?
A little knowledge can be dangerous.

Let me shed some light on this subject. Yes one does cost 3 times more. The reason is its target market is intended for doing proofing work.
So what are the advantages or disadvantages of both platforms?

Print Quality: Most people would not be able to see a difference between them, both are high end photo realistic platforms.
Print Width: 17’ vs 13’ depends on you need and what the majority of end product require the extra width. The extra width does come with a disadvantage of print times since they behave very different.

In reality the only component common to both platforms that’s used is the carriage assembly. The carriage assembly on the 48xx series is beefed up to handle the heaver head. Because we have added some weight to the 1900 series printer we have upgraded the carriage assembly to be on par. The mod is the only small format print to alter this mechanism. So in essence the mechanical systems of both carriages are =.
They also use the same print head, so again it comes down to speed or width.

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 6:59:52 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
So Peter are you saying that it was your goal was to take the Flexi and improve on it and you did this by making the Neo-Flex
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"
I guess that he does not want to answer this question to him
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 7:07:39 AM -   #22 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
What can I say. I am stick with my faith while someone change shoes with their own benefit. (head moving, desk top better --etc)
50+ lbs because we take off so many parts off from Epson before modifying. 50 lbs on top of liner bearing with level this is no weight at all. Think about train. You can push with roll of A4 paper. Slide as butter on summer picnic bread. Humm hungry~. Any day I will race production speed with anyone with serious bet.

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 7:13:29 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark

Quote:
Any day I will race production speed with anyone with serious bet
Ok The 48xx series cannot compete with desktop speeds.
Period.

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 7:54:42 AM -   #24 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDan
I guess that he does not want to answer this question to him
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"
OK Dan
Here is my answer but I am afraid that Roger will delete this. I will not blame him.
1. I had all the list I want to improve on Flexijet and ask BQ countless time. BQ excuses were we have so many parts in order we have to use them all. cost us too much money --etc. but I starting to believe that BQ had no technology to go further more after see many projects failed.
2. BQ was so busy to violate our contract (in my view only until court decide) and build i180 and Mod. Did not pay any attention or no interest at all. I lost many deals because of they confused buyers.
3. I had static problem/error of motor force at the SGIA show and machine did not work. I ask help (they were 5 booth away) but they never show up to help me. Ending with without printing Flexijet. They were having fun sit under never introduced i180. As never on pretreat machine, never on Dual (2x4800 printer), never on ink system.
4. Other show BQ had Logojet in their booths and do business(?) with them while I request many times do the show together and I was denied by them.
5. I gave Mark developing money to bring Textile printer to the market. My contract clearly says all printers but did not carry out as it written.
6. What is my choice? Walk into grave which BQ show to me? or find survival route and fix all the issues Flexijet had? I took 2nd one.
7. As Mark posting here he changes as it goes which is very him. Show his real color. I am glad he is proofing himself here. As Justin (he knows all from day one) notice his changing tone. Justin is very diplomatic and has much better English than I am. so~ he tells Mark HELLO~~!!! what are you talking about?
8. Do I owe them any money? "0". They kept my Epson printer which I stack up to the ceiling (because we knew 4800 will discontinue. We need 6-12 monthsupplies until break 4880 code) with my money as we did from day one. Maybe they are selling my machine now. They are the only one who have 4800 in warehouse entire world. I ask them send it back but they said they salvage as a part. without my permission. You tell me ~. I will listen.
OK Dan? these are my truthful answers. Happy?

Last edited by allamerican; September 22nd, 2009 at 08:09 AM..

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 8:06:58 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

"happy printing"

Last edited by YoDan; September 22nd, 2009 at 11:40 AM..

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 8:42:34 AM -   #26 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belquette
Ok The 48xx series cannot compete with desktop speeds.
Period.
Mark. print speed is not Production speed. If you are so call engineer you should know and you are the one convince me on this when I support all your need. I am surprise you did not report bad post to Roger yet.
When printer moves(prints) user can load and unload shirts which can save tons of time. User do not need wait until printing is done. Let's race your printer and NeoFlex at SGIA. 100 shirts who finish fisrt. You call the bet amount. 99% of Flexi user are print one at a time because of registration and middle of bed 1/4 inch drop (too far from print head). this is why production is slow. All because of your poor design. Now I am eager to show you how I made this happen.
You swear up and down Epson 4xxx is the best printer for Textile. Remember? And US screen, DTG followed. Are they all fool? or you? or you are bat (animal and bird war) or you still can not crack 4880 yet? When you cannot crack 4880 you said to me change Epsom board buy 4800 board and put into 4880 until you crack code? I refused that idea.
Jerid said when the time come you will introduce 4880. what are you going to say when the time come? You are running out words. Go to bathroom and look your face on the mirrow.

Last edited by allamerican; September 22nd, 2009 at 09:00 AM..

Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 8:53:17 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimiq
Gentlemen, (distributors, manufacturers sales people, etc) Thank you all for the input... Are there any USERS who use Neo Flex for your business and printing here? Please share your opinion on functions, quality, etc...

Thank you again
As per the original poster's discussion, now that the distributors have chimed in (and had a little back and forth), let's please swing this thread back to the "users" input on the machines

Gene, if you search for each of the machines (neoflex & flexi) using the search box, you'll find user input on both machines. As Peter mentioned, people that use the machine may have posted a few times, but might not see your current thread. There are also some user posts in the NeoFlex section of the forum here: NeoFlex - T-Shirt Forums

Please keep the back and forth bickering between distributors off the forum. I'm sure you guys have each others contact information so you can hash it out privately

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
allamerican (September 22nd, 2009)
Old September 22nd, 2009 Sep 22, 2009 12:36:53 PM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Angel
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Rodney I know you are but what am I....

Just kindin couldn't help myself

Lighten fellas, we all have the same agenda and thats to make money so lets do it.

Old September 23rd, 2009 Sep 23, 2009 7:33:14 AM -   #29 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

NeoFlexMotor size and direct contact to shaft. Servo control system, Shaft, All wire arrangement much more but ~
My graphic skill is no good, Too big image ( I fixed yeaaa!!) but it is worthy to look into it. All ture!!! You will know what I have been saying.

Last edited by allamerican; September 23rd, 2009 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: add info

Old September 23rd, 2009 Sep 23, 2009 7:35:32 AM -   #30 (permalink)
Sponsor
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Flexijet I hope Belquette made MOD better than this way (home made style). Flexi motor. I cannot call this is servo motor. nobody. No accuracy = no registration

Last edited by allamerican; September 23rd, 2009 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: more info

This is a discussion about Flexi Jet L VS NEOFlex Confused that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in