Anyone use a flexijet printer? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

Anyone use a flexijet printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 29th, 2006 Nov 29, 2006 10:56:05 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Anyone use a flexijet printer?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to check in and see if anyone here has actually used a flexi-jet printer. I've been looking into purchasing one and heard that they were better than the t-jet ( apparently too many problems). Of course, if anyone has had good sucess with the t-jet or another model, I'd really love the imput. I been thinking a lot about purchasing a direct-to-garment printer but for that kind of money, definitely, want to get the right one. If anyone could share I'd appreciate it. Also does anyone know of some companies out there that offer direct-to-garment services. It would be nice to start out with that until I know which one I want to purchase.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 29th, 2006 Nov 29, 2006 12:06:55 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Anyone use a flexijet printer?

Quote:
Of course, if anyone has had good sucess with the t-jet or another model, I'd really love the imput.
Hi there, if you read some of the past topics in this DTG forum, you will see people that have had both positive and negative experiences with the t-jet models. You'll probably find the same with most equipment.

You'll also find topics on the machine from Brother that others have had experience with.

Here's a good topic that covers a lot of the machines:

Direct to Garment Printing:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=3355

DTG Examples:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=5478

Buying a DTG Machine: which one?
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=5390

Old November 29th, 2006 Nov 29, 2006 8:10:21 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Smile Re: Anyone use a flexijet printer?

Good evening,
I have a Brother and love it, although it cannot print black shirts and white ink. I have screenprinting for that.

I have not been able to find many people that print white with the flexi, as I have been looking into one also, but I am thinking I will just stick with Brother until they can come out with another great printer to do white ink

I don't know if this will help but it's just my opinion

Old January 10th, 2007 Jan 10, 2007 12:04:47 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jeff

I have seen the Flexijet work on white shirts and it worked great. I have not seen it demonstrated on dark garments.

Colorado Timberline does direct to garment printing. I have used them and the price was great $3.50 + shipping per shirt and this included the white T-shirt. They have a 9 piece minimum.

Old January 11th, 2007 Jan 11, 2007 10:47:00 PM -   #5 (permalink)
JPD
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Eric

We use one specifically for light garment printing. Although we have only had it for a month, it is running well and producing some very nice shirts.

Any specific questions regarding the machine?

Eric

Old October 31st, 2007 Oct 31, 2007 4:41:12 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

FLEXIJET...I received samples from several companies, and nothing, Nothing looked as good, as crisp, as detailed as the flexijet samples. I gave the long tshirt with the 40" rose to my wife and she was thrilled. One wash. One wash and the lovely red rose started to fade already. The green stem still looks okay, but, other items washed with the shirt are pinky. I guess the technology ain't ready yet, so I will wait.

Old April 17th, 2008 Apr 17, 2008 3:37:42 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have had a decent amount of experience working with a Flexi-jet printer, as I actually worked with the guys at ALL AMERICAN SUPPLY in Philadelphia directly on several occasions to make sample shirts of my own design. I'm not a screen printer by trade so I can't speak to the business ins and outs of the machine, but from a person using the machine for FASHION brand screen-prniting I was extremely impressed

using is on white a light colored I had great success with the actual prniting process, I got amazing results in both color and image accuracy. The only problems I encountered with the machine was ling up the graphics and then in the drying process. We dried the shirts using a heat press and with certain colored and the heat from the press actually effected to color of the shirt, either causing the fabric area around the prnit graphic to become either lighter or darker depending on the blank

The white ink Method worked, but pretreating the shirts with their machines took too long and was far from a scientific process. The pretreatment works, but it leaft the shirts I used it on with a kind of oily feel on the inside.

the biggest pros I could speak on about the machine would be that it is amazing for short run, multicolor print light colored shirt. I personally favor the actual ink itself on printed shirts because it had has the consistency and texture of water based ink printing without the hassles most facilities give you for wanting to use water based inks. One great success I had was with doing multi-colored prints onto the collar of the T-shirt, which is usually unheard of from most domestic screen printers. You basically get the print quality of top shelf designers brands like TRUE LOVE AND FALSE IDOLS

My biggest complaints about the machine are as follows
-Less effective then advertised for dark colored/ white ink shirts
-Too Narrow a print area, 15 inches max just doesn't really cut it for everything, especially when compared to the 50 plus inches of height on the L model
-The machine does require a STRICT maintenance regiment if you want to be able to continue to use it. Several local shops I know that have it have trouble keeping the machines running because they let the ink sit to long

MY SINGLE BIGGEST COMPLAINT THOUGH IS THAT I SIMPLY CAN'T FIND ENOUGH LOCAL PRINT SHOPS IN THE NEW JERSEY AREA WHO OFFER PRODUCTION QAUNTITIES AND PRICES ON THE MACHINE AND ACTUALLY HAVE THE MACHINE RUNNING TO USE. I HAVE HAD TO DRIVE AS FAR AS BALTIMORE TO RUN MY PRODUCTION RUNS WHICH IS REDICULOUS. AS A CUSTOMER OF SEVERAL PRINT SHOPS I LOOK FOWARD TO THE MACHINE BECOMING MORE POPULAR CAUSE I KNOW I HAVE WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE

Last edited by sunnydayz; April 17th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Removed Email

Old April 17th, 2008 Apr 17, 2008 3:59:45 PM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJfromJersey
MY SINGLE BIGGEST COMPLAINT THOUGH IS THAT I SIMPLY CAN'T FIND ENOUGH LOCAL PRINT SHOPS IN THE NEW JERSEY AREA WHO OFFER PRODUCTION QAUNTITIES AND PRICES ON THE MACHINE
Just curious as to what you consider production quantities and prices?

The Following User Says Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
JJfromJersey (April 20th, 2008)
Old April 17th, 2008 Apr 17, 2008 4:17:50 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have been quoted and paid prices around 3-5$ per shirt (no white ink) and I consider production to 50 plus shirts of the same design, similar to any print shop using normal screen printing machinery.

I currently have 1 print graphic that I expect to be printing several 100 prints of as soon as I find a new print shop (my local shops machine is supposedly down, first no ink now the claim a piece has broke) with preferably a LONG BASE flexijet machine

Old April 17th, 2008 Apr 17, 2008 4:54:43 PM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Have you checked with Contact DTG - [email protected]. Sounds like they could take care of you. They use the Kornit printers.

The Following User Says Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
JJfromJersey (April 20th, 2008)
Old April 17th, 2008 Apr 17, 2008 5:18:14 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

thanks for all your help Mark, in a short time you have proved to be extremely helpful. I will be reaching out to [email protected] tonight, hopefully I will hear back from them soon. I hope they can accomodate me, as my image is 14.5 inches in width 25 in height.

thanks
JJ

Old April 17th, 2008 Apr 17, 2008 5:54:26 PM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

JJ,

Sorry, but the Kornit does not print 25" long. You need to look at a Flexi-Jet or a T-Jet Jumbo. There is another company on this forum that has a T-Jet Jumbo in the MA. Here is a link to their site - http://www.jmclothing.com/. He goes by JMclothing on this forum. You can contact him.

Mark

Old April 17th, 2008 Apr 17, 2008 6:27:23 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

will do, I'm also looking at teeburn in baltimore. it is all very annoying though, because regardless of where I choose I will have to drive all the T-shirts to the location because the blanks are already purchased

Old April 18th, 2008 Apr 18, 2008 7:19:17 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I'm looking for contract DTG printers in Texas to produce my custom designs....Anyone know of a good resource for that in Texas???

Old April 18th, 2008 Apr 18, 2008 7:25:05 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan

I know of a few Flexi printers in Texas, if you want to PM me I will give you there contacts, what part of texas are you in?
Dan

This is a discussion about Anyone use a flexijet printer? that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in