Edge Pretreater - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

Edge Pretreater

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By l AliAs l
  • 1 Post By l AliAs l

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2018 Feb 12, 2018 1:04:10 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Edge Pretreater

Hey all, couple of questions about the edge pretreater / T-treater.

What are the dimensions of the machine?

How does the pretreatment hook up to the system? It looks like itís a bagged system.

Can you use a bottled PT ? Some type of adapter? ( I bought $300 worth of pretreat and donít know if I would be able to use with this system. If not I might have to look elsewhere)

Do you find the treatment area too small or does it fit your needs most of the time? I believe itís 12.5x18?? My print size is 16x20 capable ( Iím new to dtg and not sure what average dtg sizes are)

Overall build quality/reliability. Any regrets on the purchase .... open mic

Thanks

P.s other candidates were Shulze pretreatmaker and Speedtreater so if any comparisons to those I wouldnít mind as well. Just doing my due diligence with an expensive purchase

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2018 Feb 13, 2018 7:16:23 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Edge Pretreater

Quote:
Originally Posted by l AliAs l
Hey all, couple of questions about the edge pretreater / T-treater.

What are the dimensions of the machine?
30" wide by a total of 48" depth, but you don't need a table that large since the platen module can hang off the edge of the table.

Quote:
How does the pretreatment hook up to the system? It looks like itís a bagged system.
It is a bagged system.

Quote:
Can you use a bottled PT ? Some type of adapter? ( I bought $300 worth of pretreat and donít know if I would be able to use with this system. If not I might have to look elsewhere)
There is tubing that you can insert into a bottle if you chose to go that route.

Quote:
Do you find the treatment area too small or does it fit your needs most of the time? I believe itís 12.5x18?? My print size is 16x20 capable ( Iím new to dtg and not sure what average dtg sizes are)
It actually comes with an 18x21 platen. The 12.5x18 is for the Mod1.

We make the system, so I'll leave the comments on the equipment itself to someone else.

Old February 13th, 2018 Feb 13, 2018 9:06:38 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dean

Default Re: Edge Pretreater

To answer the "build quality/reliability" question. We bought our first edge in 2012 and our 2nd one in 2013 and have had them since then. The bugs and kinks have all been worked out so it is overall a solid machine.

Old February 15th, 2018 Feb 15, 2018 8:37:18 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks for your responses. I spoke via chat about this pretreater and I feel like I engineered it myself and want to re market it!! There are so many features on this machine that are going unnoticed because the info just isnít out there or could use a little more backing and explanation and it would easily be a sold out item. Below I will include my prior thoughts then follow up with what I know now. The bad thing is this is a bad a** machine and unless you really dig.... you wouldnít know it. There are about 3 or 4 public videos that look great production wise but donít show the features, how to use, how to clean or the control layout like the competitors do. If you contact belquette they can send you the training videos and then you will get the full scoop. Hope this makes others consider to purchase. I ruled it out and now itís my top choice from what I know now.

Beliefs prior to extensive research going solely off of the available videos and the web site.

Cons

1. Platen size limited to 12.5 x 18. - videos show small platen for mod one, website does not mention platen size at all. If you go to edge/ T Treater (same machine just had to be renamed) platens 12.5x18 is the largest avail which is too small for most people and equals an instant do not buy

*truth - it actually was updated to accommodate larger print machines. It comes with a 18x21 platen and I believe they also have a 18x26 which are larger than most if not all printers! Wish the platens were listed and available on the site and written on the T-treater page so you know that it is an option. Either way ... red is now GREEN LIGHT! ?

2. It only works with power rip software. If you donít have that, it wonít work at all.

*truth- you can use the Edge to do full, half, or chest applications just like any other machine. It just has the targeted function as a trick up its sleeve!

3. You can not use this in the same room as your printer. In the videos and on the website it says minimal overspray, bounces back onto the garment, no airborne partials ect. but as a consumer, I need to see the strait forward answer for dummies since most open pretreaters require a separate room.

*truth- you CAN use this right next to your machine. Only in one location did I read this but it was in the LPDS article . It needs to be in bold on the main page in those exact words . I also confirmed on BQ chat. So hopefully that eases others as it did me. Red to GREEN light!

4. Because it uses a bagged system, if you use a different ink set then what they have avail in a bag this machine will not work for you. Also the fear (pray it never happens) ďif I by into this bag system and they close down or choose to no longer support it or bagged PT... Iím screwed!Ē

*truth - you CAN use bottled PT for your ink-set. This is not mentioned online either nor do I know exactly how to get this. It seems the have some type of connnector on the end of the tube but where do you get this? Does it go into the same lines if it was a bag? Can you still run dual PT. I can not find the kit to purchase on the website or how to set up but, here and on BQ chat they say it is possible. I understand ad actually suggest that you use their bagged pretreat but as a consumer, if you are already invested in an ink set or the thought of a new one coming out is possible to run on every other PT machine except the edge due to bagged system... that would be a red light but since it is possible, now itís a GREEN light! (Hope for better insight)

Extra facts you might or might not know

Has a larger screen than what is in some of the videos. Itís 7Ē I believe.

It looks cool as idk what. BQ knows how to make a great looking product. Of course functionality and ease of use are first but looks are a great thing too! ( have you seen the genesis?!?! One sexy *** machine!!) The PT goes from the bags into the vertical tubes on the side which have lights just looks good and premium.

Made with aluminum and is also powder coated so no worries of rust ( wish the dimensions and weight was posted on the site) but it does say light weight and portable which is good for ppl on the go or if you donít want a heavy brick in your shop!

You can load light and dark PT at the same time. They donít use the same line so you donít have to worry about contamination.

The system has a cycle counter and cost estimate built in

It actually runs on a small compressor which is included (not loud) pros vs an inline pump is that you donít have corrosive PT running thru your pump so it should equal better reliability also you can run plant air if you have it so at least itís easier to fix or replace vs a high markup specialty inline pump

The dark PT has a circulate feature to mix up your PT. you can push your PT back into the bag if you need to flush your system so less waste

The nozzle is pretty expensive at $80 but lasts 2-3 years with good Maint. Definitely expensive so donít lose it!!! That pretty much is the only con left aft 5 or so I started with

BQ has great Customer service and have been great with my millions of questions ?. They had a BQ live show on YouTube with lots of great info but from what I read, itís no longer going on since one of the guys left for family reasons so the mojo was lost but hopefully they get it back up ASAP and get Jerid a co host because these guys worked in the field prior to sales so that goes into the finished product and Jerid and the others has tons of useful info to give donít forget this in itself is a family cough cough * Jerid ?? we need and appreciate you guys spark some mojo and get in there!! Lol

BQ arenít just a manufacturer of a machine, they Truely are engineers and innovators of products with the customer ease of use and make features to accommodate. I wouldnít doubt that they take all feedback to the table and build and customer wants and needs first vs making the same old thing everyone else does as a carbon copy.

Ok ok Iím done I think ? ?

FYI ladies* can you believe they engineered a ďdtgĒ style nail printer.... I tell you what thatís a cool idea!!!

Keep pushing the boundaries! (But update the website pls ? with the platens, bottle PT connector kit, dimensions and weight, basic info for dummies, and release training videos to the public and updated with larger size platen ... there is so much useful info about your product that you might just sell out or go on back order!!! ) you really have a Gem with the PT machine and even the genesis but they need some shine! Your promo videos are way too short ..3 or 4 1-3 min videos is not giving you guys justice for the work you put into it. Donít be afraid to toot your horn! You make great products

Sincerely,
Some guy who talks to much ?
BQMatt likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to l AliAs l For This Useful Post:
BQMatt (February 19th, 2018)
Old February 16th, 2018 Feb 16, 2018 6:15:36 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

My idea of showing some love and giving credit when itís due.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 16C401B5-F74E-45F2-A880-7D5D256DAB22_1518833615131.jpeg (118.8 KB, 13 views)
BQMatt likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to l AliAs l For This Useful Post:
BQMatt (February 19th, 2018)

This is a discussion about Edge Pretreater that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in