[MOD-1 DTG] belquette genesis - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] belquette genesis

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JeridHill
  • 1 Post By JeridHill
  • 1 Post By JeridHill

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 15th, 2016 Feb 15, 2016 11:54:41 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default belquette genesis

Seems like a model only made available recently. Does anyone have one? It seems like they have a similar set-up to the Freejet regarding the head cleaning/casual use. Does anyone have feedback on that. How is the print quality. It seems the ink is about 25% more in cost than the ink for the Freejet. It also seems like it sells at a premium price - is it worth it in your opinion?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2016 Feb 16, 2016 8:15:52 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: belquette genesis

Hi Mike, this product is not for sale yet so you wouldn't have feedback from end users. This system is unlike anything on the market so comparisons will be a little difficult at the moment. The ink costs are more, but the heads are industrial so you don't have to use as much ink. As for the wet capping, this system is much different than the freejet. This is fully automated and flushed out the head only, leaving ink in your lines and dampers. The Freejet system I believe is a wet capping system only that you manually interact with.

If you have other questions or need more in depth info, feel free to contact me at (877) 202-0886 Ext 101.

Old February 16th, 2016 Feb 16, 2016 8:48:01 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Hi Mike, this product is not for sale yet so you wouldn't have feedback from end users. This system is unlike anything on the market so comparisons will be a little difficult at the moment. The ink costs are more, but the heads are industrial so you don't have to use as much ink. As for the wet capping, this system is much different than the freejet. This is fully automated and flushed out the head only, leaving ink in your lines and dampers. The Freejet system I believe is a wet capping system only that you manually interact with.

If you have other questions or need more in depth info, feel free to contact me at (877) 202-0886 Ext 101.
Hi Jerid, Thanks for the info. I am a ways off from a purchase decision, when I get closer I'll definitely call you. I'll be unable to make the AC ISS show, maybe I'll get to Nashville, not sure. I have a couple of more questions for you. (When is the anticipated release of this machine? I have seen post about this printer going back a year or so.) Do you have a ballpark price? Will this machine be offered as a package with the edge pre-treatment system? I have seen the mod1/edge offered as a package for around 19K, how far off will the genesis be from that? The thing that attracted me to the freejet, is the fact that using it everyday doesn't seem to be necessary. At the beginning, at least I'll be using it casually, so maintenance is of concern to me. What kind of daily interaction will the genesis require?

Guess that's it for now. Thanks again for the info. You guys are in Fla. correct? Do you have genesis there to look at?

Old February 16th, 2016 Feb 16, 2016 9:15:38 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmith
Hi Jerid, Thanks for the info. I am a ways off from a purchase decision, when I get closer I'll definitely call you. I'll be unable to make the AC ISS show, maybe I'll get to Nashville, not sure. I have a couple of more questions for you. (When is the anticipated release of this machine? I have seen post about this printer going back a year or so.) Do you have a ballpark price? Will this machine be offered as a package with the edge pre-treatment system? I have seen the mod1/edge offered as a package for around 19K, how far off will the genesis be from that? The thing that attracted me to the freejet, is the fact that using it everyday doesn't seem to be necessary. At the beginning, at least I'll be using it casually, so maintenance is of concern to me. What kind of daily interaction will the genesis require?

Guess that's it for now. Thanks again for the info. You guys are in Fla. correct? Do you have genesis there to look at?
The Genesis is priced at $28K...it's twice as fast as the Mod1 and Epson F2000. Plus it offers a long list of features not seen on other printers.

Last edited by Rodney; February 16th, 2016 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: removed self promotional marketing brochure as per forum rules

Old February 16th, 2016 Feb 16, 2016 9:40:46 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
(When is the anticipated release of this machine? I have seen post about this printer going back a year or so.)
We are always a little apprehensive in giving dates publicly because we never know what we are up against. That being said, things have been going pretty well and we are building out some production units this month. These still have to go back into testing as well as internal documentation on the production process etc. So at first there will be very limited availability until we get the whole line worked out. We are anticipating going into real product before this quarter is up.

Quote:
Do you have a ballpark price?
As Eric mentioned, the price is $28,000. This is an industrial printer using two Ricoh Gen5 heads. The only other printer on the market using Ricoh Gen5 heads starts at $70,000 so we feel very positive about this price point.

Quote:
Will this machine be offered as a package with the edge pre-treatment system? I have seen the mod1/edge offered as a package for around 19K, how far off will the genesis be from that?
We do plan on having packages for this, but we don't have anything set yet.

Quote:
The thing that attracted me to the freejet, is the fact that using it everyday doesn't seem to be necessary. At the beginning, at least I'll be using it casually, so maintenance is of concern to me.
The Genesis is the only printer that has monitoring of this type of thing. The white ink circulates as well as if it sits too long, it will clean the head out but leave ink in the lines as well as the dampers. This not only saves ink, but it will keep the integrity of the head where it needs to be for safe operation as well as not being in use.

Quote:
What kind of daily interaction will the genesis require?
These are the maintenance procedures we are currently working on. So far it seems at the end of the day, you can pull the wiper out and rinse it in the sink. At the end of the week, pull the capping station top off and rinse that in the sink as well. Other than that, our goal is to not have to do much (or anything) else.

Quote:
Yes on both counts.

Thanks again for your interest!

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
Rodney (February 16th, 2016)
Old February 19th, 2016 Feb 19, 2016 2:13:19 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDeem
The Genesis is priced at $28K...it's twice as fast as the Mod1 and Epson F2000. Plus it offers a long list of features not seen on other printers.
Twice as fast as the Epson F2000? So you are suggesting it can print a black shirt in 1 minute 10x10 print? 60 seconds?

Please show me this, I would love to see it.

Old February 19th, 2016 Feb 19, 2016 3:17:26 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASID Clothing
Twice as fast as the Epson F2000? So you are suggesting it can print a black shirt in 1 minute 10x10 print? 60 seconds?

Please show me this, I would love to see it.
What settings are you using to get a 10x10 print on the F2000 on black in 2 minutes? Bright, bold, vibrant prints? Even their own specs say 15 an hour for high quality at an 8"x10" print size (that's a 4 minute print). We print a 12"x12" on black in 2 minutes on the Genesis (bright, bold, vibrant).

I don't believe Eric's comment was designed for a full scale debate, but a general statement. That being said, we do plan on having more timed prints of the Genesis being recorded, even over an hour long session to show a real work environment including loading and unloading shirts. This way people can get an overall view of the production aspect of the Genesis.

Last edited by JeridHill; February 19th, 2016 at 04:00 AM..

Old February 21st, 2016 Feb 21, 2016 10:42:31 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Is the Rip Software for belquette the only RIP software that works with the genesis? Wondering if there are options

Old February 21st, 2016 Feb 21, 2016 11:29:02 AM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Is the Rip Software for belquette the only RIP software that works with the genesis? Wondering if there are options
No other RIPs would work since the way we drive our print head is proprietary. We do have a couple options for RIP.

Old February 21st, 2016 Feb 21, 2016 1:18:45 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
No other RIPs would work since the way we drive our print head is proprietary. We do have a couple options for RIP.
I see your PowerRIP for the mod1on the website. Will this be configured for the Genesis? Also what are the other options that will be available for the Genesis?

Old February 21st, 2016 Feb 21, 2016 1:57:48 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
What settings are you using to get a 10x10 print on the F2000 on black in 2 minutes? Bright, bold, vibrant prints? Even their own specs say 15 an hour for high quality at an 8"x10" print size (that's a 4 minute print). We print a 12"x12" on black in 2 minutes on the Genesis (bright, bold, vibrant).

I don't believe Eric's comment was designed for a full scale debate, but a general statement. That being said, we do plan on having more timed prints of the Genesis being recorded, even over an hour long session to show a real work environment including loading and unloading shirts. This way people can get an overall view of the production aspect of the Genesis.
Yes bright bold vibrant prints of course : ). I use RIP software and not garment creator of course though.

High quality is not what's important to me. High quality is a waste on most printers. If production mode cannot print great quality products in a fast time, then the machine is not worth it. Just my opinion and based on my business model.

My Epson with Neo Rip software does 10x10 on black shirts in 2 minutes, and maybe a couple more seconds after in production mode.

Now on the genesis, if it can print 12x12 in 2 minutes, that is great to hear because on the epson it would be longer, not 4 minutes, but it is roughly 2 minutes 30 seconds. I just did not like that I was told 2 times as fast. If it was 2 times as fast, I would say FANTASTIC! I cannot wait to own one (I would not buy it new because of price point, but would buy it used).

Just my take on everything. Hope what I said makes sense.

Thanks

Old February 21st, 2016 Feb 21, 2016 2:01:51 PM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

At that speed it has to be a level 2 white, correct? We could go faster if we did something similar but we find most people want a brighter white and why we do it at this speed. I did time a 13"x12" at the last show and it 2 minutes and 2 seconds. That's from the time you push the button and can take the shirt off.

Old February 21st, 2016 Feb 21, 2016 10:46:50 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I am not sure what you mean by level 2 white. Can you explain please?

13x12 at 2 minutes and 2 seconds from button push is fast, so it is faster yes. I would like to see the speed of a 10x10 print. I'll keep an eye out on progress of the machine

This is a discussion about belquette genesis that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in