Buying a used DTG ( FlexiJet) - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

Buying a used DTG ( FlexiJet)

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 7:48:25 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Buying a used DTG ( FlexiJet)

Just some of the help topics

Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 9:28:40 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks guys, I have tried to sign up for the DTG forum 2 days ago but cannot get in for some reason. Is there a trick to it? Tried to call DTGinks but get answering machine. Guess they are closed on sundays?
I will give the $12,000 guy one last try as I made a deal but if cannot deliver tomorrow I will have to move on to the $8000 guy even though the unknowns are more unclear. So where to get parts besides all american if have problem?

Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 9:36:11 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
there are so many users and the DTGInks forum
Quote:
which is not a competitor for this forum- it is a "machine owners only"
Quote:
Tried to call DTGinks but get answering machine. Guess they are closed on sundays?
Closed Saturday's and Sundays (Shop but I still take calls for service on my cell phone )
Just my opinion, I would buy at the best price that you can get as anything can be fixed, at least by the right person

Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 9:36:55 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

I finally logged in, was using wrong username. But still wondering about where to get supplies. I will peek around the forum and see if there are answers there.

Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 9:39:15 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Look in my signature as I cannot post links on this froum
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 9:51:03 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Now cannot login to that forum. Crazy

Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 9:57:31 AM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

As posted, you need to own a DTG printer to acess this forum
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

Old November 1st, 2008 Nov 1, 2008 10:17:14 AM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

So close, yet so far

Old November 8th, 2008 Nov 8, 2008 11:56:01 PM -   #24 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Randy - glad to see you found another Flexi...and I again apologize about what happened between us and my personal family issues where I could not meet you...though it looks like you found a great deal

To the others - BelQuette is a great company, regardless of All American. That was one of the MAIN reasons I purchased a Flexi, because of BelQuette and their innovation to technology as well as support. I know that they will provide support (I recently sold my Flexi and was told "they cannot NOT support a product they manufactured" - meaning if you own a Flexi...) and I look forward to the Mod 1 and the future of BelQuette...I have talked to Renee recently and I like what I hear. =)

The Flexi forum is Dead.
But there is info on that forum that is archived that is valuable. The DTGInks forum is alive...though I cannot access it (regardless of 100+ posts and numerous referals (both public and private) for inks, parts, and services because I sold my Flexi (and am awaiting a new machine). Maybe the DTGInks forum has unleashed some incredible Star Trek like technology for dtg printing and since I (for the SHORT time being) do not own a machine, cannot access this incredible information.

I remember when both Dan and Mistewoods got the boot from the Flexi forum, asked if they could their posts could be removed (because their signatures were altered). I only ask the same, because I, (AS YOU) have a backdoor and know that my name and signature is not the same as I posted!

Since my removal, I have contacted the 3 (private) users I refered to DTGInks and SuperTPrinting inks. They all 3 have remarkably said the same thing..."MY DAMPERS ARE CLOGGED IN BLACK AND CYAN. I HAVE STARVATION ISSUES SINCE I USED THOSE INKS!" I honestly apologize to those users. My honest opinion is that I love the way the way DTGInks wash but wonder if the particles in my dampers was DIRECTLY caused by those inks. I never had those problems from DuPont or Equipment Zones Inks (nor did I have them from DTGInks, but I did A LOT of CLEANING (and I mean A LOT)...probably more than needed). And with FastInk 3 (DuPont) out, I see no reason to go with another product for current Flexi or other DTG users (which is what I am pretty sure BelQuette themselves is going with...the new DuPont Inks, a great product superior to the old DuPont inks I started with).

But back to the original question - I would not pay AA a DIME as they do not deserve it. They have officially removed a post I had (and MANY others) for help on the Flexi forum...and that is BS to put it lightly. But again, the Flexi is a great machine and BelQuette can help you...I would even answer a thing or two for you if you need some guidance or assistance, anytime, day or night. I personally think Peter (AA) is mad that BelQuette is smart enough NOT to let them sell the MOD 1. Again...Best of luck Mark, Brett, and Renne =)...trial and error works for a lot of businesses To the others...you know what to do Best of luck to Kevin...he was a great employee at AA. That's all. I'm done.

Last edited by the funk; November 9th, 2008 at 08:18 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to the funk For This Useful Post:
Robert72 (November 9th, 2008)
Old November 9th, 2008 Nov 9, 2008 3:47:18 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by the funk
Randy - glad to see you found another Flexi...and I again apologize about what happened between us and my personal family issues where I could not meet you...though it looks like you found a great deal

To the others - BelQuette is a great company, regardless of All American. That was one of the MAIN reasons I purchased a Flexi, because of BelQuette and their innovation to technology as well as support. I know that they will provide support (I recently sold my Flexi and was told "they cannot NOT support a product they manufactured" - meaning if you own a Flexi...) and I look forward to the Mod 1 and the future of BelQuette...I have talked to Renee recently and I like what I hear. =)

The Flexi forum is Dead.
But there is info on that forum that is archived that is valuable. The DTGInks forum is alive...though I cannot access it (regardless of 100+ posts and numerous referals (both public and private) for inks, parts, and services (for DTGInks and SuperTprinting) because I sold my Flexi (and am awaiting a new machine). Maybe the DTGInks forum has unleashed some incredible Star Trek like technology for dtg printing and since I (for the SHORT time being) do not own a machine, cannot access this incredible information (even though my last post on that forum was to tell Michele aka Mistewoods (who kicked me off the forum) that the new user of my machine just purchased 4 liters of ink directly from them). Thanks =) I will not be expecting a commision check in the mail any time soon =0 Your showing of "community" and "family" is "undeinably top rate" while I await my new machine. Again, thank you.

I remember when both Dan and Mistewoods got the boot from the Flexi forum, asked if they could their posts could be removed (because their signatures were altered). I only ask the same, because I, (AS YOU) have a backdoor and know that my name and signature is not the same as I posted!

Since my removal, I have contacted the 3 (private) users I refered to DTGInks and SuperTPrinting inks. They all 3 have remarkably said the same thing..."MY DAMPERS ARE CLOGGED IN BLACK AND CYAN. I HAVE STARVATION ISSUES SINCE I USED THOSE INKS!" I honestly apologize to those users. My honest opinion is that I love the way the way DTGInks wash but wonder if the particles in my dampers was DIRECTLY caused by those inks. I never had those problems from DuPont or Equipment Zones Inks (nor did I have them from DTGInks, but I did A LOT of CLEANING (and I mean A LOT)...probably more than needed). And with FastInk 3 (DuPont) out, I see no reason to go with another product for current Flexi or other DTG users (which is what I am pretty sure BelQuette themselves is going with...the new DuPont Inks, a great product superior to the old DuPont inks I started with).

But back to the original question - I would not pay AA a DIME as they do not deserve it. They have officially removed a post I had (and MANY others) for help on the Flexi forum...and that is BS to put it lightly. But again, the Flexi is a great machine and BelQuette can help you...I would even answer a thing or two for you if you need some guidance or assistance, anytime, day or night. I personally think Peter (AA) is mad that BelQuette is smart enough NOT to let them sell the MOD 1. Again...Best of luck Mark, Brett, and Renne =)...trial and error works for a lot of businesses To the others...you know what to do Best of luck to Kevin...he was a great employee at AA. That's all. I'm done...period.
Is it me or are there others who cannot understand exactly what you are saying in these messages. Because I cannot tell if you are recommending, or not recommending DTGinks, and whether you are mad or happy with mistwoods.

Old November 9th, 2008 Nov 9, 2008 7:15:28 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Steve
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I did not remove you from the forum. I did not and do not in any way alter anyone else's posts on any forum ever, nor do I have authority to make decisions like this on the DTGInks forum. I am a volunteer.The DTGInks forum rules do state very clearly (and owners get really ticked off if Dan makes exceptions) that you must be a current owner of a machine to be a member. It is the distinctive of that forum and makes it a non-competitor for this and other forums. This is the first time I am aware of where a person got caught in between machines but would have liked to stay on the forum and I am sorry it hurt you.

I did not receive an order of ink from any new owners, only long established ones. I do genuinely thank you for recommending my website though. I have had the same experience in my many months of DTGinks use as you have, I have had no problems at all with the DTGInks. I have neither seen posts nor talked with other owners about a problem with cyan and black. I have heard of some owners buying dampers that did not function properly. I also hear about clogging problems with all brand of inks in general, especially if maintenance is not diligent or the machine sits idle alot. If there is a generalized problem with DTGInks I hope my customers will contact me and Dan's will contact him about it.

The Flexi forum was loads of fun while it lasted. Getting kicked off the Flexi forum and the alterations and deletions of my posts is an old wound that is healed. I have not been on it since then. As always I wish BelQuette the best.

Last edited by Mistewoods; November 10th, 2008 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: typos

Old November 9th, 2008 Nov 9, 2008 7:34:02 AM -   #27 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dave
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargaincrusader
Ok I have a dilemma. I can purchase a used flexi jet L from a printer reseller for around $8000 as is not sure if it works. $12,000 machine they say works but called me saying now has some error, or buy from All American supply a refurbed for $17000 includes the lifetime support. If buy the $8000 or $12,000 machine would need to pay $2000 a year for support, and possible the machine is inoperable now so would need to spend money to repair if is inoperable. Also the $8000 machine has no inks, or supplies. I used to repair copier machines for about 8 years and have skill to follow tech instuctions. But where can a person get support except from All American? Is there other companies selling the flexi jet that offers support? I mean it seems I could buy the $8000 machine but where will I get support to repair it if has a big problem without shipping it somewhere. Who would tell us how to use the machine?
Anyone have some ideas, we need a flexi and the first guy balked at last minute, the new guy now says has an error, we needed machine about 4 weeks ago. I know if I go to All American at least I will have a machine in next week, with support but at a large price.
I think you answered your own question. Reach deep into your pocket the first time. $17,000 may be your cheapest deal.

Old November 9th, 2008 Nov 9, 2008 9:23:27 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

As the originater of this thread I have been following the posts with intererst and thought I would post an update. I purchased a used Flexi and because of other business commitments I didn't get a chance to test it for 3-4 weeks.
My first issue was software related, I could not get the rip function properly on my computer which I believe was due to it being a Windows Vista 64 bit machine. Once I brought in an older computer with Windows XP everything worked great. Having read many posts on the various forums about clogging issues I was worried I would have trouble because the unit sat for more than a month with inks loaded. However I started it up and ran cleaning cycle and then did some test prints and they looked great. Now that I am in production I have had many questions on color profiles, rip settings etc. and all have been answered promptly and clearly by either Dan at DTGinks.com or Mistewoods at SuperTprinting.com. I'd like to thank them publicly for their assistance. Being able to tap into their knowledge and experience has saved me the many hours of experimenting and probably a lot of frustration it would have taken to get it right.
As far as the decision to buy used rather new I think I made the right choice for me. If you have some basic knowledge of inkjet printers and can find a used machine at half of the price of a new one and can get all of the operating info you need from the posts and experts on this board and the DTG forum why buy new? DTG printers like most new technology are going to do nothing but get better, faster and most likely less expensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to Accents1 For This Useful Post:
Mistewoods (November 10th, 2008)
Old November 9th, 2008 Nov 9, 2008 10:28:55 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks for the input, yes ended up buying used for $7500. I will have to put about $2000 into shipping, supplies, and also time to get it ready but so far I have gotten very good info. here, and Mistwood has been more than helpful with information. Machine will should be here in 2 weeks , 7 weeks behind schedule due to "The funk", and another Ohio printer that could not live up to their word.
Not sure what it is with the flexi users but The funk and other Ohio printer both agreed to a sell, and both backed out. What happened to integrity, where your word is your bond? Anyway I saved $4000 because of their lack of follow through, but have lost untold dollars from the 7 weeks lost because I just wanted to believe integrity was still alive.
Anyway the unneeded drama of purchasing a machine is done, now the difficult, and fun part will be learning the machine.
Thanks to those and their input about the $2000 annual support offering, and being a new business venture we also would like to keep our startup cost down.
I am sure I will be back soon with more questions.

The Following User Says Thank You to bargaincrusader For This Useful Post:
Old November 9th, 2008 Nov 9, 2008 1:31:58 PM -   #30 (permalink)
JPD
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Eric

I sold my Flexi-Jet to a guy near me. Although he had a couple of minor issues getting going, he tells me things are now going smoothly. I know that Dan and Michele have been very helpful to the buyer when I have not been available, or simply did not know the answer.

btw, I'm sorry to hear that it took time to find the right deal. Even after the buyer of my machine committed to the purchase, I had people offering to purchase the machine for more than the asking price. Of course I declined and sold it to the original buyer.

With the economy the way it is and the tons of information available on the DTGinks.com site, there is really no reason to not buy a quality, used machine from a Flexi-Jet user.

Eric

The Following User Says Thank You to JPD For This Useful Post:

This is a discussion about Buying a used DTG ( FlexiJet) that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in