T-Shirt Forums banner

Need help - Software, manual, advice

[Flexi-Jet Model L] 
4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  varantus69 
#1 ·
Hello. I am new to DTG. Just aquired a used Flexi-jet Long model. I need to find a mnaul to find out how to work it. A link to the manual would be helpful. I also need a cheap software to run it. I was told it was 1200.00 for the software, but found someone on ebay that said their 100.00 RIP software would work? Also, it has no ink now, but before I buy more ink I want to make sure it works correctly as it has been sitting for a few months without use. Powers on fine when powered up, but do not know how to use. Also, I may decide to sell it if it becomes too difficult. How much do these currently go for?
Thanks

-Jeff

#2 ·
Hi Jeff,

We emailed a copy of the Users Manual to you yesterday I believe. Let me know if you received it. You will need the PowerRIP Flexi-jet to run it. I would contact the seller and try and get the disc with the product code. you can get more validations put back on that code for a lot cheaper.

There are a couple things that you can check before you get the RIP. When you power everything up the LCD screen on the printer should automatically go to "pause". The screen on the flatbed should say the firmware version and then "Press Start to Home". Press the green start button and the printer should move to the back of the machine (home position). Then it will say "Press Start When Product Loaded". Press the green button again and the printer should come forward and release from "pause" to "ready". At this point it would begin printing if there was a job in the queue.

You can also check that a the lift table motors go all the way up and down by pressing the rocker switch on the front panel. Also make sure that the platens are all leveled.

#3 ·
Yes, I received the manual. Thank you very much. I will try the things that you mentioned and also read the manual. Right now, when I turn the printer on, it just says NO INK or something like that since the ink cartridges are empty. Thank you for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.