T-Shirt Forums banner

So what is the genesis?

[MOD-1 DTG] 
65K views 177 replies 43 participants last post by  ABM 
#1 ·
Any clues? Seems like all of a sudden it is Epson's dtg world. Heck even belqutte is selling it. I am a little surprised to see a new generation coming out.

Thanks.
Brent

#2 ·
I am a little surprised to see a new generation coming out.
If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind. ;)

I'd also make a note that R&D is very $$$. We've been at it for a long time and can't walk away from the direction we've been going. In the end, the more solid products on the market only helps the industry. The basic principles of competition dictate a strengthening of the market. Even though we would have been somewhat of a competitor to EPSON, when we partnered with them, we took the competitive edge off of the table. Not all of our products are the right fit, neither is the EPSON or any one printer. But as a dealer for the EPSON, we vow to always give it a fair evaluation to our customers.

#6 ·
Yes. All I can say is that I planned to buy an epson at the show and at this moment I plan to wait for the genesis.
I will let Jerid post the specifics but it is a leap forward in my mind.

A few hints...connected device to internet so it will email you if the head is not on the capping station or other issues. It will flush the the head only (not all the lines) if not used in 24 hours, you can just flush one channel if you do not have a good nozzle check (not all at once), extremely low maintenance...lift out wipers, wash out in sink capping stations...

Ok I have said enough... Jerid can post but it was pretty impressive I must say.
Good luck!
Brent

#7 ·
The platen is adjusted on all four quadrants at startup. Currently we are not focusing on speed tests so I don't have numbers at how fast it truly is. Some of our preliminary tests were showing a full 13x18 image on white in 38 seconds. The Genesis isn't in production yet but as we get closer to production we'll have real world numbers.

#9 ·
Here is a basic spec sheet. We will be giving more information as we go, but this is a good starting point for info. The footprint is 29"x42" and has a printing capability of up to 18"x20". We are currently offering up to 16"x20" since there isn't a standard heat press availability for 18" wide.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.