T-Shirt Forums banner

So what is the genesis?

[MOD-1 DTG] 
65K views 177 replies 43 participants last post by  ABM 
#1 ·
Any clues? Seems like all of a sudden it is Epson's dtg world. Heck even belqutte is selling it. I am a little surprised to see a new generation coming out.

Thanks.
Brent

#110 ·
It seems a bit misleading to say "significantly under $30k" when it's actually pretty close to $30k.

I only see one benefit of this machine over the Epson or Brother, and that's having it's own maintenance fluid cartridge line. But I don't know if that's worth a 10k premium. Maybe the price will drop like the Epson after a few months?

#111 ·
I can remove the word "significantly" but to some $2,000 isn't a small amount. There are vast features above other systems, but to avoid self promo, we can discuss it separately and not on the forums. There are plenty of threads regarding the features and capabilities of the Genesis.

#112 ·
Stopped by the booth at the NBM Show in Long Beach this weekend. To compare this to an Epson or Brother is not fair to the machine. The colors are sharp and bright. Brighter and richer then anything out there. Cure time was quoted at 45 seconds for a dark shirt with a white underbase. The ability to start up and get itself ready for production is great, along with the extremely low maintenance requirements. The ability for the unit to notify you of a failure or even contact tech support for you to get fixed is amazing. The wife and I are looking to invest and this looks to be the best of all that is out there. Best print area and print quality combined with speed is a necessity. Looking forward to placing my deposit down on this.

#116 ·
To compare this to an Epson or Brother is not fair to the machine. The colors are sharp and bright. Brighter and richer then anything out there. Cure time was quoted at 45 seconds for a dark shirt with a white underbase.
I'm interested in finding more about the Genesis, but why would it be not fair to compare this to Epson or Brother?

Epson is almost 1/2 the price and Brother is 2/3 of the price of the Genesis.

It uses the same dupont artistri ink as other modified Epson based printers. How would the print be any more richer and brighter than anything out there?

#117 ·
The Genesis is not a modified printer but built from ground up. It doesn't use the same ink as modified printers. The ink has a higher viscosity so you can increase the pigment load and get brighter colors with less ink. It's still DuPont based ink (Artistri) but the latest P6000 series.

As for the Genesis, I still don't have a date for production, but we actually see the light near the end of the tunnel!

#118 ·
I thought they all used Duport Artistri inks? I used to own a Epson based printer before Brother and it used Dupont Artistri. Brother have their own inks.

Epson based modified and Brother DTG all look good right off the printer. But after inks are cured, the colors don't have the same vividness, especially on white whirts.

Not sure how it would be any different if Genesis uses the same artistri inks.

Is the p6000 inks different than what others are using? No one else is using this ink?

#127 ·
I don't know if the IA pretreat for lights works with Brother inks. Plus I don't like pretreating even with a pretreat machine.

If Genesis really does use different ink that's producing more vibrant colors, I would be very interested.

One question, does the thicker ink mean more clogging like the white inks?

#124 ·
I printed with a lot of ink where solids touched itself and I didn't see the bleed. The thinner the ink, the more likely it will bleed. The shirt itself is also a factor, but I was pretty impressed with non-bleed. I can do some more testing with yellow solids touching black solids. This is where you see it quite a bit.

#134 ·
Hi Chris...I apologize for the delay in getting you some Genesis samples. The engineers keep stealing my demo printer to perform updates to the machine. I have a long list of people waiting for samples and hopefully I will be able to knock them out soon! I haven't forgot about you :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.