[MOD-1 DTG] So what is the genesis? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] So what is the genesis?

Like Tree58Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 28th, 2014 Oct 28, 2014 8:50:34 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: So what is the genesis?

As a 90's teenager when I hear Genesis I instantly think about Sonic the Hedgehog lol. Good looking machine Jerid!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2014 Oct 28, 2014 9:18:51 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
As a 90's teenager when I hear Genesis I instantly think about Sonic the Hedgehog lol. Good looking machine Jerid!!
At least you didn't say Phil Collins.

Good 'ol SEGA. Miss some of those classics.

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 12:10:55 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was watching the video, and I got put into a trance by that soft New Age Harp Music... Was expecting the printing scene to transition into another one, where attractive female Androids were curing shirts with there minds...

I couldn't make it to SGIA to ask you in person, with my child-like ability to machine-gun question folks (think "Uncle Buck"), so I'll take a stab here:

- Does this fine looking garment-printing apparatus employ a 'wetcap' system at all, for capped print heads? For those of us who live where rain is afraid to drop.

- Does the print head carriage travel the entire span of the surface no matter how small the design is? I saw it going the distance in the video, but was unable to tell if there were small details in the design that YouTube prevents us seeing...

- Is the Genesis RIP from scratch/proprietary , or based on one of the existing versions?

- Is that cool "flush" line inserted toward end of the ink's travel path, near the head?

- Is there Circulation for White?

Apologize if these have already been answered - I couldn't find that info. Thanks and Good Luck with Genesis. I would buy based on looks alone, but I am a little crazy.

_

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 12:38:26 AM -   #49 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmedusa
I was watching the video, and I got put into a trance by that soft New Age Harp Music... Was expecting the printing scene to transition into another one, where attractive female Androids were curing shirts with there minds...

I couldn't make it to SGIA to ask you in person, with my child-like ability to machine-gun question folks (think "Uncle Buck"), so I'll take a stab here:

- Does this fine looking garment-printing apparatus employ a 'wetcap' system at all, for capped print heads? For those of us who live where rain is afraid to drop.

- Does the print head carriage travel the entire span of the surface no matter how small the design is? I saw it going the distance in the video, but was unable to tell if there were small details in the design that YouTube prevents us seeing...

- Is the Genesis RIP from scratch/proprietary , or based on one of the existing versions?

- Is that cool "flush" line inserted toward end of the ink's travel path, near the head?

Apologize if these have already been answered - I couldn't find that info. Thanks and Good Luck with Genesis. I would buy based on looks alone, but I am a little crazy.

_
You always crack me up dude. You sure you didn't write the scripts for those Herbal Essence commercials? lol.

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 1:42:27 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
You sure you didn't write the scripts for those Herbal Essence commercials? lol.

Ya, but they would only show my commercials in Europe. So I quit. Hate censorship...

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 4:28:29 AM -   #51 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,121 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Mission accomplished.

Quote:
The cap is wet and when going to print, the blade wipes the head. We also go further, if the printer is left unattended for xx amount of hours (we have an idea of how long, but need further testing for effectiveness), the white ink will be flushed out of the print head only.

Quote:
It will travel the distance of the design only.

Quote:
Currently we are using the Mod1 RIP redesigned for the system. This will change, it's only a temporary solution for testing of the Genesis only.

Quote:
Ancient Chinese Secret...

Quote:
Yes

The current video shows the Genesis still in the beta stage. We have slowed the printing down and haven't fully added all features. As we continue, we will talk about more features, and give real speed tests but for now, this is what we can present.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
forgedthrufire (November 21st, 2014), ghostofmedusa (October 29th, 2014), mrdean78 (October 29th, 2014)
Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 9:42:00 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
The current video shows the Genesis still in the beta stage. We have slowed the printing down and haven't fully added all features. As we continue, we will talk about more features, and give real speed tests but for now, this is what we can present.
That's Hawt...

If that's the Beta ver, then I'll highly anticipate the production model.. WIM, WetCap, Auto-Flush are all attributes I have wanted to see come together in one package, for a while. If the RIP is right, Genesis will be king of the hill in DTG. Looks like you've addressed all concerns. Thanks for the reply

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 9:45:34 AM -   #53 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
If the RIP is right, Genesis will be king of the hill in DTG. Looks like you've addressed all concerns.
We began in the direct to garment market in 2002, before there really was a market. Genesis is pretty much everything we've learned and then some. Thanks!

Old October 29th, 2014 Oct 29, 2014 12:32:23 PM -   #54 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Ya, but they would only show my commercials in Europe. So I quit. Hate censorship...
Hahahaha too funny dude. So next commercial we're getting you in on it

Old November 1st, 2014 Nov 1, 2014 1:20:46 PM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Haha - for sure Anthony. I just bought a nice movie cam too - HVX200.

Old November 2nd, 2014 Nov 2, 2014 8:17:57 AM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Haha - for sure Anthony. I just bought a nice movie cam too - HVX200.
I guess it maybe the Greek blood (I've got some too)

Old November 6th, 2014 Nov 6, 2014 3:18:01 PM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
I guess it maybe the Greek blood (I've got some too)
Probably so... We invented Theatre

The Following User Says Thank You to ghostofmedusa For This Useful Post:
DTGPRINTERPARTS (November 6th, 2014)
Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 4:50:31 PM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brent

Any news to report? How is it going?
Thanks.
Brent

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 4:55:20 PM -   #59 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleact
Any news to report? How is it going?
Thanks.
Brent
Yeah Jerid. How is everything coming?!!

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 5:11:43 PM -   #60 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Things are coming along pretty good. We've been working on a few things to improve print quality using a low print resolution as well as working on improvements for consistency in various climate conditions. There's always something new and the great thing is, since this is from the ground up, we aren't under the constraints of pre-existing functionality and limitations. Who says evolution doesn't exist?

This is a discussion about So what is the genesis? that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in