T-Shirt Forums banner

So what is the genesis?

[MOD-1 DTG] 
65K views 177 replies 43 participants last post by  ABM 
#1 ·
Any clues? Seems like all of a sudden it is Epson's dtg world. Heck even belqutte is selling it. I am a little surprised to see a new generation coming out.

Thanks.
Brent

#81 ·
We've built out 50 and they are on the shelf ready to sell! Oh wait, April Fool's has already passed, nevermind.....

Actually, things are going pretty good. We did begin building out 10 more beta units and found they were just taking way too long to build, possibly one per week, not good. So we redesigned a few of the hard to build items (not mechanical, mainly frame structure) to make them go much quicker. With the new design and no wiring, the line can now build 1 per day. Once we have all that correct, then we can scale up to whatever is needed.

So this did set us back, but I'd rather have a delay up front then have to tell someone they have a 16 week wait before they can get a unit. We have preliminary parts for the new build and we should be able to finalize our tweaks to the new build and start on our manufacturing line. Our newest goal is to have our manufacturing line fully ready to go by end of 2nd quarter or beginning of the third. Once that goes fully live, we will have to tweak it as well in order to build and fill the shelves. We are not taking pre-orders, but once we have more defined dates and are taking orders, I'm sure we will be back-logged. My guess is by third quarter, if someone orders, we can ship it the same or next day, just like the Mod1. It will take some take getting the line working like that, but we are pretty close.

As always, don't take my word 100% on this, as you know plans change, but this is our goal. As we progress, if anything changes, we'll try to keep the information out there. This is one reason we've been so tight lipped for so long. It was time to at least make an announcement of what we've been doing for the past couple of years and now the Genesis can't come fast enough!

#83 ·
We do have plans on expanding globally. We would not take a direct order, it would have to be with one of our partners. We are working out the details on this. We don't want to sell to someone overseas and not be able to provide 100% support for them. Obviously we need to work on the USA market immediately, but we do plan on working on building with overseas partners in tandem. Once we have a defined idea of when that will be, we'll be sure to make an announcement.

#92 ·
Here is a video we just took the last day of the show at tear down, but it shows the print on black. These times are not optimized for speed, so when that happens, it'll speed up the process.

1. Currently, the print head goes the entire distance left to right. We will have it print only in the area it needs printed.

2. We don't have the auto rapid 2nd pass set yet, but when we enable that, it will reduce the amount of time for the 2nd layer because it won't home, it will go right back in and begin printing.

With these two features, we should be able to shave off about 30 seconds on a print like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZtRbp5tMk

#96 · (Edited)
I had set it to a 45 second dwell time. There are several ways to speed up this process:

1. Reduce the amount of white ink lay down. There is a threshold where it's enough white ink to dry almost instant and where it's still bright. This is the first time I operated the Genesis at a trade show, so I didn't have anything tweaked.

2. Pretreat chemistry. This is the same pretreat we've been using for years. More advanced pretreat is almost here that can gel the ink almost instantly.

3. A feature on the Genesis that I'm not at liberty to discuss, but I can say if it goes as expected, we can flood it with more ink with no problems.

4. Ink. We are still using the 3500 series white, we don't have the newest white ink yet, only the 6000 series in colors.

Remember, we are still in the beta stages, so we can't show all features due to the protection of our intellectual property.

#97 ·
Wow very impressive. Need one here in Aus by July 31st (cheeky grin) Aussie gov has given Small Business a $20,000 instant tax insentive to purchase things to improve their businesses so I have been seriously looking into the DTG's, Looks like now I'll have to get the insentive later on.........Please make this available for Aus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.