[MOD-1 DTG] So what is the genesis? - Page 10 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] So what is the genesis?

Like Tree58Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 24th, 2015 Oct 24, 2015 4:20:33 PM -   #136 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: So what is the genesis?

This machine is still not available???

I swear I saw somewhere that it would launch by October.

Maybe it was October 2016?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2015 Oct 25, 2015 2:50:15 PM -   #137 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: mannerski

On which day of creation is Genesis?

Old October 26th, 2015 Oct 26, 2015 6:05:55 AM -   #138 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusa
This machine is still not available???

I swear I saw somewhere that it would launch by October.

Maybe it was October 2016?
We are starting to add names to the pre-order list. The machine is scheduled to ship to the public before the end of the year.

Old October 26th, 2015 Oct 26, 2015 6:09:07 AM -   #139 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Yes, we had slated this for an earlier release. Since we have built everything from ground zero including coding, we've ran into a few situations that slowed us down and a few that took longer than expected. We are currently working on our first production model to test out the manufacturing process and any final tweaks we need before going into full production. I'm not sure people really understand the monumental task we've been working on but it's much greater than taking someone else's technology and using that as a base. This is the way we used to do it, but with the Genesis, we no longer have a reason to use that method. After this product is released, we'll be able to work on more features for it and begin working on future products.
EricDeem likes this.

Old October 26th, 2015 Oct 26, 2015 7:48:44 AM -   #140 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Articulate Creation

Oh man it's gunna be so awesome, now if I can only scrounge up the 30k, lol.
EricDeem likes this.

Old October 26th, 2015 Oct 26, 2015 10:51:36 PM -   #141 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brent

It's not that we don't understand the task....it is you teasing us by showing at shows before it is anywhere near ready and quoting spring to summer of 2015 last year...I still think you are on to something with this printer but eventually people have to make a purchase. I myself am building a new building in the spring so I am holding off buying equipment since I do not have the room anyway...so I am still with you...I will say it is a good decision to get it right before releasing it to the public. Most people can not afford a $30k mistake. I wish you well as you guys seem to operate with good intentions. Just a little over promising and under delivering on this project...but keep the updates coming so we at least know the status!

Thanks.
Brent

The Following User Says Thank You to eagleact For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (November 5th, 2015)
Old October 27th, 2015 Oct 27, 2015 4:16:57 AM -   #142 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Articulate Creation

Brent, I don't think Belquette is interested in trying to quickly fill the needs of people who are "eventually needing to make a purchase". This is a printer they are trying to make as perfect as possible before it hits the public. They also never made any promises. If you take a look back they have given estimated dates but never a promise. Unlike some other companies out there they have not taken pre-orders and sat on your money for a year while trying to beta test and fix any arising issues with their product.
EricDeem likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmcgurren For This Useful Post:
EricDeem (October 27th, 2015)
Old October 27th, 2015 Oct 27, 2015 5:55:53 AM -   #143 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleact
It's not that we don't understand the task....it is you teasing us by showing at shows before it is anywhere near ready and quoting spring to summer of 2015 last year...I still think you are on to something with this printer but eventually people have to make a purchase. I myself am building a new building in the spring so I am holding off buying equipment since I do not have the room anyway...so I am still with you...I will say it is a good decision to get it right before releasing it to the public. Most people can not afford a $30k mistake. I wish you well as you guys seem to operate with good intentions. Just a little over promising and under delivering on this project...but keep the updates coming so we at least know the status!

Thanks.
Brent
We do appreciate the feedback. There really isn't a need to go into full details of how and why it was delayed. The bottom line is, just like you said, we don't want to release a $30k mistake. So far, the product is very promising. We could have released the product over a year ago if we would have hired an integrator to do the work for us. Of course this would have added $10-$15k to the price tag. Our goal is to make this product extremely simple to use at an affordable price.

Everyone can lecture us how we fumbled our deadlines, but the reality is, all of our dates were generalities. And yes, since hindsight is 20/20, we all can now see how we announced the product too early. There isn't a company in the world who wants to have this product released more than BelQuette. We simply can't compromise what we are doing now just to release the product.

I will say though, there are features that won't be on it out of the gate so it's not delayed any further than it already has been. The plus side of this is the features will be software related, so we can push out updates as they are developed and tested.

Old October 29th, 2015 Oct 29, 2015 8:36:39 PM -   #144 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
The bottom line is, just like you said, we don't want to release a $30k mistake.
Do you mean significantly under 30k mistake?

Old October 29th, 2015 Oct 29, 2015 8:39:20 PM -   #145 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I was pretty excited about this product and I still am.

When I first started doing DTG in 2011, I thought to myself, "why can't these manufacturers add a dedicated line for the maintenance/cleaning fluid???"

Well, I really do hope that all the white ink maintenance and headache is figured out with this machine.

I guess I will keep waiting. Thanks!

Old November 4th, 2015 Nov 4, 2015 3:02:20 PM -   #146 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Rod

We would have bought one at ISS in orlando had it been ready. The model that was there had an issue and wouldn't print. We also asked for a printed sample well before the show and have yet to receive one. So we've had to rethink our short term dtg plans.

I still think this is a very promising machine and I will be watching very closely when it does finally launch.

Old November 7th, 2015 Nov 7, 2015 6:26:29 AM -   #147 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Brent

Keep pushing...I just looked at starting an entire screen print division but even if I do I will still buy one of these for the short runs, fill ins, etc...keep us updated. Spring will be here before you know it!
Thanks.
Brent

Old November 17th, 2015 Nov 17, 2015 2:09:13 AM -   #148 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

So is it 30k? Or under? Would you be able to give us the "real" price? This Genesis Dtg printer looks amazing! I will be getting it no matter what. I have the epson F2000 right now and love it. Adding the genesis would make things 100000000 times better.

Old November 17th, 2015 Nov 17, 2015 3:26:07 AM -   #149 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

The price for the Genesis is set at $27,985

Old November 19th, 2015 Nov 19, 2015 1:21:49 PM -   #150 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekay317
The price for the Genesis is set at $27,985
My "Significantly under $30,000" and yours is a little different I guess!

This is a discussion about So what is the genesis? that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in