[MOD-1 DTG] PowerRip/printer issue - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] PowerRip/printer issue

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2014 Jul 24, 2014 3:35:41 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Frank
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default PowerRip/printer issue

It seems I may not have the proper settings in the Output/Input folders. I took some screenshots of the settings in both folders.. here they are! Also after Create Print Job and clicking on import the image it will renders it ,, nothing happening at the printer end.. So far everything is
on the same port settings. Any Ideas??

Attached Thumbnails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2014 Jul 25, 2014 11:41:31 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Default Re: PowerRip/printer issue

Maybe I should of mentioned that I am using the PowerRip Mod 1 with the epson r1800. There is a communication issue between printer and software..not sure how to go about correcting the problem..

Old July 29th, 2014 Jul 29, 2014 4:12:31 AM -  
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,121 Times in 788 Posts

Hi Frank, I'm not fully understanding of your problem. First it seems that you are using PowerRIP Mod1 with a printer other than the Mod1, please confirm this is correct.

On the Mod1, we have a Queue Manager that is separate than the RIP. Since you are attempting to print without the Queue Manager (which would not work with anything other than the Mod1), you will have to release the job manually. After the job is processed, the last tab is the one you want (Pages to Printer). You can release the job here or open up the PowerRIP Output Queue 1 and release the job there.

The PowerRIP Output Queue 1 should be on the same port as your R1800, for example, USB001.

I'm not sure where you purchased Mod1 PowerRIP, but there are instructions in the documents folder in the RIP folder under the C: drive. I'd contact the person you purchased from for more help. We don't mind helping here on the forums, but as busy as we've been, we haven't been on much lately.

Old July 29th, 2014 Jul 29, 2014 10:11:09 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Jerid, thanks for taking the time giving me a hand here ! I am using the PowerRip MOD 1 with my DIY dtg epson r1800.. The Rip software installed the following printers into the Devices and Printers folder as follows: Belquette mod1 Color and White, Belquette xw Color and White, Belquette xw Color Only, PowerRip Output Queue 2 However when I Right click on the PowerRip Output Queue2 and highlight "Printer Properties" there are 3 printers shown as follows: EPSON Stylus Photo R180, PowerRip Output Queue2, and PoweRip Output Queue1.. Do I need to set any one of these as the Default Printer ? Also right now I am only interested of printing Colors Only, I assume I need to select Queue1 in the Output file? Also I am still looking for a Print/Send button after importing an image and sent it to the printer... And yes,, I been reading the Manual but some of the screenshots are very poor,, very low res..
Again,, Big thanks for your help!!

Last edited by frankdoyal05; May 4th, 2017 at 11:55 AM..

Old July 29th, 2014 Jul 29, 2014 10:45:14 AM -  
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdoyal05
Jerid, thanks for taking the time giving me a hand here ! I am using the PowerRip MOD 1 with my DIY dtg epson r1800.. The Rip software installed the following printers into the Devices and Printers folder as follows: Belquette mod1 Color and White, Belquette xw Color and White, Belquette xw Color Only, PowerRip Output Queue 2
I am really unsure of your product. I've never seen xw under the names. My guess is it's some kind of modification to our software. All I can suggest is to contact the person you got the RIP from and see if they can walk you through the operations.

Quote:
However when I Right click on the PowerRip Output Queue2 and highlight "Printer Properties" there are 3 printers shown as follows: EPSON Stylus Photo R180, PowerRip Output Queue2, and PoweRip Output Queue1.. Do I need to set any one of these as the Default Printer?
I'm assuming you meant R1800, there was an R180, so I just want to clarify. You are running Windows 7 or higher. Windows groups printers together that are on the same port. This is why you are seeing multiple printers. You do not need to set anything to default.

Quote:
Also right now I am only interested of printing Colors Only, I assume I need to select Queue1 in the Output file?
No you do not choose any Output Queues like this to print to. The RIP will automatically print to the correct queue. If you are setting up the printer at all to print white ink, whether there is white ink or a cleaning solution in it's place, you would print to the Mod1 Color & White, if you never plan on setting up white, then you can use the Mod1 Color only. The RIP will send the file to the appropriate queue.

Quote:
Also I am still looking for a Print/Send button after importing an image and sent it to the printer... And yes,, I been reading the Manual but some of the screenshots are very poor,, very low res..
You will not find one, this RIP was never designed to have a print button, this was the job of our Queue Manager. However, after processing, you can click on the last tab in the RIP, Pages to Printer, select the layer you want to print and at the bottom of the page, choose Pause/Resume.

It's a little concerning to me that you have this product but not the Mod1 (not concerning towards you, but to the company/person who sold it to you). My guess is it would have come from iProof. I can't offer support on a product that is going to function different than how we had intended it. I would be sure to contact the company/person you purchased it from for further assistance.

Old July 29th, 2014 Jul 29, 2014 1:36:00 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Jerid, Thanks for your help, just what you telling me so far it's makes me understand the Software much better,,, and yes the software came from iproofsystems... I don't know if you familiar with MultiRip GP this looks very much like it, maybe even a spiting image...

Old July 29th, 2014 Jul 29, 2014 1:39:14 PM -  
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Jerid, Thanks for your help, just what you telling me so far it's makes me understand the Software much better,,, and yes the software came from iproofsystems... I don't know if you familiar with MultiRip GP this looks very much like it, maybe even a spiting image...
They are all based off the same code, but different updates for different systems.

Old September 2nd, 2014 Sep 2, 2014 10:47:03 AM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Happy to say that i got the r1800 printing with the PowerRip MOD1 after reinstalling the Rip...

Old August 31st, 2016 Aug 31, 2016 12:25:47 PM -  
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Seba

Quote:
Happy to say that i got the r1800 printing with the PowerRip MOD1 after reinstalling the Rip...
Hi Frank! So, what happened with your machine? Im from Argentina and Im willing to buy one! Could you tell me about your experience? Any clogs problems? Would you recomend the machine?

Thanks in advance!

Old August 31st, 2016 Aug 31, 2016 4:25:49 PM -  
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

The 1800 conversion I did works just fine, like any dtg machines print head need to be cleaned about once a week unless you use the unit every day, or at least 3 times a week.

This is a discussion about PowerRip/printer issue that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in