[MOD-1 DTG] PowerRIP software for the Mod-1 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] PowerRIP software for the Mod-1

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JeridHill

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 14th, 2013 Jun 14, 2013 4:23:32 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default PowerRIP software for the Mod-1

I purchased a refurbished Mod-1, and were told the RIP software was included with 2 of 3 serial or installs (the previous owner used 1). The bank that sold the Mod-1 is saying that we have to get it from Belquette, and Chris has said that bank has to give it to us (even said it where it was - a white box). We found the box, the cables, but no software.

Now to my question, which I am afraid I know the answer to... Is the RIP software an absolute necessity to run the printer. I really don't want to purchase new software for the machine considering it was supposed to be included, and no one is giving any understandable explanation of where it can be.

I just would like to run it and try to make some money from it, instead of pay the lease payment for nothing.

- John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2013 Jun 14, 2013 4:33:11 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Brian
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default Re: PowerRIP software for the Mod-1

Was it listed on your invoice from the bank?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using T-Shirt Forums

Old June 14th, 2013 Jun 14, 2013 5:04:37 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

No, unfortunately, I never received a detailed list of items in the box. I only saw the inks I ordered on the packaging slip.

Old June 14th, 2013 Jun 14, 2013 5:54:35 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tom

Was this purchased from a bank as a repo? Something doesn't sound correct in your explanation.

You refer to a packing slip and box. Sorry you are having a problem here but it seems the 'bank' should either provide or pay for it. Belquette is in a business just like all of us and they aren't obligated to provide software for the sale by a 3rd party of a used machine. The seller, the bank is, provided that was part of your deal with the 'bank' when you made the purchase.

It would seem to be the responsibility of the 'bank' you refer to if it was "supposed to be included" as you also say. If as you say, the 'bank' said it was included, you should make the bank produce it or they would be liable for it's value (if you can prove that said it was included). Good luck with this.

Old June 14th, 2013 Jun 14, 2013 6:21:49 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I do not know the exact details of how they got the machine (repo or not). What I do know is that the machine was being refurbished by Belquette, and shipped from their location. I agree that the bank should be the ones to supply it, however, they just tell me I need to get that from Belquette. Belquette told me exactly where it "should" have been and that the bank has it. All in the meantime, I have a machine I cannot even run. As for the packaging slip, that apparently only shows just the inks purchased separate. It was attached to one of the printer components boxes.

Old June 14th, 2013 Jun 14, 2013 7:33:22 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tom

I'm sure it will get straightened out for you and the software will be tracked down. Unfortunately it is a Friday. Do make arrangements for support and training though. If you have no dtg experience, the learning curve could be frustrating without the guidance of training. If you do have dtg experience, you still need training on the Mod1. It is, in our opinion the best equipment available and Belquette support is outstanding. Even though you bought it through a third party, I would guess they have training resources available for a reasonable cost. Whatever the cost of training, it will be the best investment you could make at this point.

We operate a Mod1 and chose it after extensive review of the competition. Regardless of the hype pumped out by the competition, when you get down to quality construction, top end output, reliability and stress free operation together with the support, you can't beat BQ.

Welcome to the world of dtg and good luck with your venture. You've made a great choice.

Old June 14th, 2013 Jun 14, 2013 7:50:28 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you! I have some experience with dtg, but I've heard it's a whole different world with white.

By no means am I dissatisfied with Belquette. To us, there was no other option for us except for the Mod-1. We were set on this machine from the beginning. I just get discouraged because the bank is not helping, and I certainly would not have purchased this machine without a RIP.

Old June 15th, 2013 Jun 15, 2013 2:29:15 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditup
I purchased a refurbished Mod-1, and were told the RIP software was included with 2 of 3 serial or installs (the previous owner used 1). The bank that sold the Mod-1 is saying that we have to get it from Belquette, and Chris has said that bank has to give it to us (even said it where it was - a white box). We found the box, the cables, but no software.

Now to my question, which I am afraid I know the answer to... Is the RIP software an absolute necessity to run the printer. I really don't want to purchase new software for the machine considering it was supposed to be included, and no one is giving any understandable explanation of where it can be.

I just would like to run it and try to make some money from it, instead of pay the lease payment for nothing.

- John

Hello John,

I am Ted Birmingham with iProof Systems the RIP developer for the Mod1. Our RIP license extends only to the original purchaser of the software. This is the same terms Adobe, Corel and Quark use with their software. The normal retail price of our software is set by our OEMs, but is in the neighborhood of 1000 to 1500 dollars per copy. The software comes with 3 unlocks so users can have back up computers in case of emergencies. We reset original user for Free up to 2 times and then charge a fee for resets. If a customer is not an original user they do not get this. Second hand software users still get free phone support. We have to make our money somewhere. We have new policies in place if you purchase a printer from one of our OEMs second hand or from a bank you can buy an upgrade to the latest version for the same price as one of the original users. This extends a right to upgrade at a reduced price to users who did not purchase the original software from us.

Old June 16th, 2013 Jun 16, 2013 6:50:16 AM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

John, I can call the bank you purchased the Mod1 through sometime on Monday and try to get something worked out. When we refurbish a printer, if it is us reselling it, etc, we take care of all these things. As Ted stated, the original software is non-transferable and because of that, there is an extra cost involved for software. If we sell a refurbished printer, we build the software into the price. In this case, a third party sold the product and the refurbishment price was related only to the product itself, not the software. If we include it, we simply lose money. We don't typically have third party resellers, nor do we have many used machines available on the market, so bear with me as I talk to the bank on your behalf in trying to bring resolve.

In response to your question of whether the Mod1 needs the RIP, yes it does. The RIP will tell it where to fire the ink from. Without it, you will be printing more than just CMYK in one pass, and whether you are using white ink or not, you must always have fluid in the printer. If it were a flushing solution, it would mix with the colors and light them and possibly effect washability.

Old September 10th, 2014 Sep 10, 2014 12:13:33 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Frank

This must had to be frustrating for you,, I hope the problem was solved without any additional cost to you!
this post is a bit old, so I hope all is well...

This is a discussion about PowerRIP software for the Mod-1 that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in