[MOD-1 DTG] Instructions on Flushing the white lines - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[MOD-1 DTG] Instructions on Flushing the white lines

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 9th, 2011 Jul 9, 2011 10:53:37 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Instructions on Flushing the white lines

Are the following instructions the proper way to do a once a month flushing the the white ink lines using ammonia?

First cut off the fitting from a used white ink bag and attach a tube. Place the tube in a bottle of 100% ammonia and attach the fitting to the white ink lines.

Use the syringe connected to the by-pass tube to pull ammonia through the ink lines, print head and capping station.

Then immediately flush the ammonia out with distilled water, followed by printsrite flushing solution?

Is this the method most Mod1 users are doing as part of the monthly maintenance? And just to clarify once more, Belquette recommends using 100% ammonia to flush the printhead, ink lines and capping station all at once?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2011 Jul 10, 2011 3:04:07 PM -   #2 (permalink)
HPS
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Instructions on Flushing the white lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by acca
Are the following instructions the proper way to do a once a month flushing the the white ink lines using ammonia?

First cut off the fitting from a used white ink bag and attach a tube. Place the tube in a bottle of 100% ammonia and attach the fitting to the white ink lines.

Use the syringe connected to the by-pass tube to pull ammonia through the ink lines, print head and capping station.

Then immediately flush the ammonia out with distilled water, followed by printsrite flushing solution?

Is this the method most Mod1 users are doing as part of the monthly maintenance? And just to clarify once more, Belquette recommends using 100% ammonia to flush the printhead, ink lines and capping station all at once?

I did something similar for the first time a few weeks back and we are now adding to our maintenance schedule. I used 50% warm distilled water and 50% ammonia(strong stuff) then used and old line from a bag and drew from a cup filled with the solution, let soak a bit then did windex pull and let soak for about 15 minutes or so, then used the clear solution they provide for the final flush. Then refilled with wite ink and we did notice crisper cleaner whites when printing and better nozzle patterns.

I cant speak for the manufacturer but another owner had suggested this or real similar to this and we did and will do now every 4-6 weeks. Seemed to work very well. We did not do colored inks just whites as I heard the white had particles and the colors did not.

What you posted is how we did only we used a cup and we made the mixture warm to help with the cleaning and added a step.

The Following User Says Thank You to HPS For This Useful Post:
acca (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011 Jul 11, 2011 8:42:37 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

We do use ammonia to initially flush the white ink lines and channels. It works very well at getting the settled white ink out of the lines. But as Rod said, we flush it out immediately with Flushing Solution.

You can use the fitting from a used bag and attach it to some larger hosing, or you could call me and get a 5-Channel Flush Fitting. This has a cluster of five tubes and fittings that can be attached to CMYK and White Ink Lines and inserted into the ammonia and flushing solution bottles to make flushing your Mod1 easier.

Old September 20th, 2011 Sep 20, 2011 12:44:35 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: iwane

hii guys anyone using alconox for clog white ink..

Old September 20th, 2011 Sep 20, 2011 6:27:38 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

I've never seen or used the stuff. The problem when you get to harsh on your chemicals is, your head can get delaminated. If that happens, it's no longer any good.

Old September 21st, 2011 Sep 21, 2011 11:00:30 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: iwane

thanks to say jerid..i see many result people use windex,simple green,IPA,gliserin,paintball...etc im confused with diferent result,i mean i need cleaned with safety and no harse..maybe you have opinion

Old November 13th, 2011 Nov 13, 2011 7:23:03 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Here's a video of the white ink being flushed from the Mod1. I believe we went over this on the phone, but wanted to respond here as well with the video.

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/belquet...ml#post1010790

The Following User Says Thank You to JeridHill For This Useful Post:
kevrokr (November 13th, 2011)

This is a discussion about Instructions on Flushing the white lines that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in