[Flexi-Jet] Is the Flexi-Jet printer still being developed? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > BelQuette
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of BelQuette manufactured machines, including the MOD-1 DTG machine and the Flexi-Jet set series of printers.

[Flexi-Jet] Is the Flexi-Jet printer still being developed?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 19th, 2010 Jul 19, 2010 4:18:34 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Justin
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Is the Flexi-Jet printer still being developed? (or, personal therapy time with Jerid and Justin!)

Awhile back, we all heard some talk about a possible "Flexi-Jet 2" machine; I have not heard any rumblings about it, since then, but who knows? It could have just been a rumor, or it could be under lock and key right now, until it is done.... At any rate, I clicked the Belquette banner at the top of the forum, today, and it took me to the main site; from there, I decided to see what they had to say about the Flexi-Jet platform (which, at the time, was not quite on par to keep up with serious production, which is why many of us ended up selling our machines for huge losses).

Interestingly, I saw this posted on the Flexi page:

Flexi-Jet Printer
BelQuette still develops advancements and regularly updates the Flexi-Jet platform to keep its' users on the cutting edge of technology. This is one of the benefits of having an American designed and manufactured product. We design all of the architecture and publish the updates as they are proven to get the latest technology into our users hands…where it belongs. From developing the first viable 4800 based machine to top-notch support, BelQuette is there for our customers all-the-way.

My question is, of course: is Belquette still developing and advancing the Flexi-Jet platform, as stated on their website? If so, what was the most recent advancement to the machine, that would make it different than it was at the time that I owned mine? I imagine, since it has been several years since I had my machine, that there have been countless advancements since then; maybe some of the earlier ESD-related problems are gone? If so, I know of a few semi-local Flexi owners who would be interested in getting their machines all tuned up with the latest hardware upgrades...

Last edited by Justin Walker; July 20th, 2010 at 01:26 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2010 Jul 19, 2010 4:38:23 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Default Re: Is the Flexi-Jet printer still being developed?

Justin, yes there are still things being developed. But as you know, prematurely stating anything leads to many problems if they don't work out accordingly. So let's just say, things are kept under wrap until closer to that target. Which at this point isn't even slated for this year.

Touche??

Old July 19th, 2010 Jul 19, 2010 11:28:17 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Haha fair enough. Although what about the advancements to the original Flexi, mentioned on the website? Surely those don't need to be kept under wraps, if they are already implemented?

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 7:10:38 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Walker
Flexi-Jet Printer
I know of a few semi-local Flexi owners who would be interested in getting their machines all tuned up with the latest hardware upgrades...
Please have them get in touch with us.

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 11:38:28 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

So there are no tangible developments that you care to tell the public about, despite what your website claims? That's all I'm trying to figure out here, but you guys never answer straight-up questions...

Directly from your website:

"BelQuette still develops advancements and regularly updates the Flexi-Jet platform"

So...... Regular updates, eh? None of the Flexi owners that I have spoken to, have heard about these advancements. So again, what I am asking to ANY Belquette rep who cares to answer a direct question: WHAT are the "advancements" and "regular updates" to the original Flexi, that Belquette has developed? I don't feel this is an unreasonable question, since you boast about them on your website, and I am indeed curious as I was an early Flexi adopter.

Last edited by Justin Walker; July 20th, 2010 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Decided to add emphasis

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 12:14:45 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Justin, would you like Belquette to update YOUR Flexijet?

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 12:41:43 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

No, but for once I would like Belquette to actually stand behind the claims that they make. Seriously Jerid, why are you guys trying to so hard to dodge the question? This is exactly the kind of behavior that I pointed out when I stopped doing business with them in the first place, which YOU have told me up down and sideways that they have changed as a business; I don't see that.

When I first went over to the Flexi side, we (ie, you, me, Tom, Mark, etc) used to berate the T-Jet gang for constantly promising things (either online or at trade shows) that never came to fruition, or simply never worked right, or were just nothing but hype to sell products - if they couldn't back up their claims, we were all over them..... Apparently, you have forgotten this, but as a machine owner who has been BURNED by several companies in the past, I have not. In fact, I have become even more adamant about holding companies accountable for their claims (truth? lies? or just fluffed up marketing?), since they DIRECTLY AFFECT the end users and potential end users.

Considering I dropped well over $30,000 into Belquette when I was a machine owner, I think the least they could do is back up the claims they are making on their website, when a curious former-owner like myself asks. But once again, I stopped spending money with them for reasons like this, so I am not surprised; I was just checking your theory, Jerid, about Belquette having changed so much since "way back then". The Mod may be a decent machine, and they probably (finally) hit something right on the head with the bagged ink systems; however, I see the same half-truths I am used to seeing, and the same "assuaging customers concerns without actually doing anything about it", regarding the Flexi. Maybe I am wrong about that, but you guys sure expend more energy trying to rebuke me than you do trying to back up your website claims.

Let me ask you something, Jerid - since you seem to feel that a manufacturer or distributor ONLY needs to answer questions about their machines to people who own them, then why do you continue to pop up in the Neoflex forum, grilling Peter about his machine quality / customer satisfaction rate / etc? Next time you pop up and try to take jabs at another brand, I am going to copy and paste your responses, to me, when I ask about Belquette's products.

The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Walker For This Useful Post:
Mistewoods (September 20th, 2010)
Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 12:42:41 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Justin, would you like Belquette to update YOUR Flexijet?
PS - Yes, I would have LOVED them to do this, but the offer comes many years too late.... I had to get rid of it because I couldn't wait around for them to fix something that was under-developed. I got tired of being a guinea pig.

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 1:09:39 PM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I think you have your timeline incorrect. When you took possession of your Flexijet, I no longer was a part of Belquette/DDM. So I wasn't berating Tjet for anything, if you can recall, I wasn't even around.

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 1:21:59 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Oh, then you must have forgotten about the period of time when I was on Scott's forum, and you personally found me over there and convinced me to switch over to Brian's forum, then convinced me to fly to Orlando for the trade show to meet with you and Tom to go over the "ground breaking" machine you were trying to rep at the time? Didn't we stay in the same hotel room, Jerid? Don't tell me I got my timeframe wrong..... I put my deposit on the machine as soon as I got back to California, and THEN you got cut loose by Peter (I see you still have a grudge about that) and Tom took over from there, while I waited for my machine to arrive.

Just because you weren't there when the machine ARRIVED, doesn't mean that you weren't the one who sold it to me Jerid. You just happened to get booted shortly after Florida. Remember, all of your clients got shifted over to Tom, including me?

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 1:26:47 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Can we all just agree that you guys have some history that you need to resolve (off the forum) so we can get back to the actual topics here

Maybe another member of the Belquette team will see this thread and be able to address your question, Justin.

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 1:51:26 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Jerid and I are trying to keep our boxing match out of the public eye, and instead, between heated private messages.

We'll try and keep it from spilling over here, but understand that much of what we are fighting about is directly related to this industry and is actually important to more than just Jerid and myself. While it certainly may seem heated, it is because we are both passionate about what we do and we both want to get our messages across. People need to be allowed to have heated, emotional debates around here, or we'll all just be a bunch of politically correct ninnies who sit around and complement each other all day.

---

Kevin didn't want to answer the question, either, so maybe Mark or Renee could take a crack at it?

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 1:57:19 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
People need to be allowed to have heated, emotional debates around here, or we'll all just be a bunch of politically correct ninnies who sit around and complement each other all day.
There's nothing wrong with people disagreeing and debating. People do it all the time around here.

However, I think most would agree that there comes a time when enough is enough and things get taken too far. Unfortunately, as the admin, it's up to me to draw that line of what is "too far" and not everyone is going to agree with that call all the time.

Quote:
But understand that much of what we are fighting about is directly related to this industry and is actually important to more than just Jerid and myself
Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. But going into who shared a hotel room with who years ago and similar posts just don't seem to be relevant to getting help and information now that's useful to the whole community.

Quote:
Kevin didn't want to answer the question, either, so maybe Mark or Renee could take a crack at it?
Hopefully...then we can get this thread back on topic

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 2:31:55 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. But going into who shared a hotel room with who years ago and similar posts just don't seem to be relevant to getting help and information now that's useful to the whole community.
Ok, last time then we can keep it on track - it is unfair for you to point out one small comment that was made, amidst a PLETHORA of other information that was being discussed; you make it sound like we were discussing a vacation on the coast, or something. Yes, we were also referencing personal history, but in the context of illustrating when, in fact, Jerid was a dealer for the Flexi-Jet and whether or not it was him who sold me my machine... This goes directly towards what we were discussing, and I don't think you should automatically assume that any mention of personal history is "off topic". This stands to support the original argument, which was Jerid's original involvement with the Flexi-Jet and ultimately my continued concerns about the company over-promising and under-delivering (which, in case you missed it, certainly affects the community as a whole, as does any other information the community can glean from current or former machine owners, that can help them make more informed and educated decisions in the future).

But yes, I will concede that we certainly fill a lot of space with our arguing. We both promise to try and behave.

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 2:57:53 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Justin
I can tell you from my personal experiance, the Flexi-Jets NEW version 8 chip is a big improvment in helping with the reduction of noise and the new grounding that was suggested really has helped and YES I have done several Flexi's with the above and NO I am not selling or working for BelQuette and I am still doing my own thing and of course we now fully understanding the correct maintenance has helped but we had to learn by ourselves
"My Flexi L is still running to this very day"
DAN
"HAPPY PRINTING"

Last edited by YoDan; July 20th, 2010 at 04:44 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDan For This Useful Post:
Justin Walker (July 22nd, 2010), Mistewoods (September 20th, 2010)

This is a discussion about Is the Flexi-Jet printer still being developed? that was posted in the BelQuette section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in